PDA

View Full Version : do you have to concentrate on walking "normally" in order to fit in?

jon
08-22-2013, 08:31 AM
THERE is a footpath outside the window of Nicole Rinehart's Monash University office at Notting Hill that provides a full-length view of people walking by.

Dr Rinehart, a clinical psychologist, has more interest in that process than most. For several years she has been studying the distinctive way of walking apparent in children with autism and Asperger's disorder. The research aims to help clinicians make earlier diagnosis of these two afflictions.

How do they walk? With a click of the computer mouse Dr Rinehart brings up an animated skeleton on screen, the digitally duplicated movements of a real-life patient. ''This is a child with autism,'' she says. ''They have a much more variable bouncy gait.'' The skeletal figure moves awkwardly with the right arm swinging across the body, rather than back and forward, and the pelvis shifting oddly from side to side.

There are other walking skeletons on her files. Here comes a man of 60 with Parkinson's disease - and now a young sufferer of Asperger's. Each shows the effect of the particular brain malfunction on the body's motor movements.

''You can see the difference in the upper body posture,'' she says of the Asperger's boy. ''In some ways we feel we are looking for a needle in a haystack because it is a very subtle disturbance in gait. This is one kid out of a large sample. They don't necessarily all look the same. What we are noticing is that children who have autism plus ADHD (attention deficit) have more severe motor difficulties. That's the focus of our current research.''

http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/could-gait-unlock-the-keys-to-autism-and-aspergers-20110327-1cbx8.html

BatteriWyfe
08-22-2013, 08:35 AM
elezark lol

Autistic Spectrum
08-22-2013, 08:55 AM
18 Minutes Ago
BatteriWyfe
Cuddle?
This message is hidden because BatteriWyfe is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

rootbeer
08-22-2013, 09:07 AM
i cant walk normally unfortunately :( too many hip and back injuries

Autistic Spectrum
08-22-2013, 09:10 AM
i threw my lower back out this week, i gotta go to a chiro so he can twist me up,

steveyos
08-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I walk like randy orton and vince mcmahon

steveyos
08-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I normally walk like randy but I get my vince on quite often

rubycalaber
08-22-2013, 10:04 AM
sometimes I walk with a slight limp when my ingrown toenail is acting up but I dont hide it I rock it like a pimp walk

steveyos
08-22-2013, 10:05 AM
5 foot tall 75 pound white scottish nerd with pimp limp

rootbeer
08-22-2013, 11:02 AM
i threw my lower back out this week, i gotta go to a chiro so he can twist me up,

buy a foam roller bro its only 40 bucks and will make ur back feel good as many times as u want

always stevey
08-22-2013, 11:41 AM
what? stupdi.

Autistic Spectrum
08-22-2013, 11:42 AM
ya ok, i will try it, i am always creeped out when the chiro starts pulling my limbs in 20 different directions, i fell so vulnerable,

Gentleman Doli
08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Chrios are frauds fyi

Gentleman Doli
08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Go see an actual licensed physical therapist

Autistic Spectrum
08-22-2013, 11:48 AM
it acutally worked for me the last time i threw out my back, but i mean that guy could have esaily stuck his finger in my butthole at any time,

Obnoxious Bitch
08-22-2013, 12:33 PM
THERE is a footpath outside the window of Nicole Rinehart's Monash University office at Notting Hill that provides a full-length view of people walking by.

Dr Rinehart, a clinical psychologist, has more interest in that process than most. For several years she has been studying the distinctive way of walking apparent in children with autism and Asperger's disorder. The research aims to help clinicians make earlier diagnosis of these two afflictions.

How do they walk? With a click of the computer mouse Dr Rinehart brings up an animated skeleton on screen, the digitally duplicated movements of a real-life patient. ''This is a child with autism,'' she says. ''They have a much more variable bouncy gait.'' The skeletal figure moves awkwardly with the right arm swinging across the body, rather than back and forward, and the pelvis shifting oddly from side to side.

There are other walking skeletons on her files. Here comes a man of 60 with Parkinson's disease - and now a young sufferer of Asperger's. Each shows the effect of the particular brain malfunction on the body's motor movements.

''You can see the difference in the upper body posture,'' she says of the Asperger's boy. ''In some ways we feel we are looking for a needle in a haystack because it is a very subtle disturbance in gait. This is one kid out of a large sample. They don't necessarily all look the same. What we are noticing is that children who have autism plus ADHD (attention deficit) have more severe motor difficulties. That's the focus of our current research.''

http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/could-gait-unlock-the-keys-to-autism-and-aspergers-20110327-1cbx8.html

Yes, I had to but obviously not for Aspergers or other form of Autism.

always stevey
08-22-2013, 12:40 PM
WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR ME TO FIT IN WITH A BUNCH OF FAGS ON THE INTERNET~!!!

Autistic Spectrum
08-22-2013, 12:45 PM
what if ob woke up tommorw and finally had a moment of clarity , and found out the fact that he is not a troll or a pwnzer at all, and in fact has always been a lolcow from which people milk lolzmilk from his lolteetz, do u think he would be really sad the rest of the day or be like meh,,, time to put on my lipstick,,

always stevey
08-22-2013, 12:57 PM
ob would be in complete denial because he's afraid to face his problems head on. thats probably why he cut his own dick off in the first place.

Autistic Spectrum
08-22-2013, 12:58 PM
ya a real man would have chopped that shit off himself, ob had to have a doctor shove it up inside his belly button,

always stevey
08-22-2013, 01:02 PM
i think i might have a alchol problem.

Autistic Spectrum
08-22-2013, 01:07 PM
spoilers -- you do have an alcohol problem

always stevey
08-22-2013, 01:07 PM
no i dont

rootbeer
08-22-2013, 01:09 PM
at least you can walk normally :'(

always stevey
08-22-2013, 01:10 PM
at least you can walk normally :'(

pretty sure i don't do that either

always stevey
08-22-2013, 01:11 PM
elezark lol

what the fuck is that thing? is it a pen? why do you have random penises laying all over your house

Autistic Spectrum
08-22-2013, 01:11 PM
this bitch be slinking all over the place,

steveyos
08-22-2013, 01:26 PM
just sit on a 3 foot dildo it'll line your back up perfectly

rootbeer
08-22-2013, 01:34 PM
just sit on a 3 foot dildo it'll line your back up perfectly

grats on your first good post

always stevey
08-22-2013, 01:37 PM
hi rootbeer. hows the arm wrestling and the steriods?

steveyos
08-22-2013, 01:38 PM
my first lol