PDA

View Full Version : so I need a new router because I just figured out mine is garbage and doesn't work

steveyos
08-28-2013, 08:10 PM
I've been getting strict NAT bullshit and I figured i twas because I never set a static ip and opened ports but I went through all that trouble and still got strict nat in all my games, warframe was the worst I could never play with pj so I decided to turn off both the router and windows firewall and STILL GOT SHIT ABOUT OPENIGN PORTS WITH, NO, FIREWALLS, SO, I hooked my modem directly up to my pc and everything was fine

I have the belkin F9K1002v3 it's so bad that belkin doesn't even have it on their website and I"m sure since I"ve had it for so long they won't give me my money back so I don'tw ant to buy another belkin product forever

what should I go with? I paid like $40 for this router are there any good routers in that price range if not, don't even bother because I don't even have $40, I'll just hook my modem directly up to my pc when I want to game

actually tell me the price and what I Should get for the day I can finally afford it maybe in like a year if it's over $200 or maybe eight months if it's around $100

steveyos
08-28-2013, 08:11 PM
this router has norton built into it I don't want a router with anything norton anywhere near it I don't even want it if the guy who made it was named norton

steveyos YOLO
08-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Good thing I never take your advice and buy shit you claim is the best

steveyos
08-28-2013, 08:18 PM
when did I ever say this router was good? everything else I have that I said is good is still the best stuff available, I never said this router was good

it does have amazing wifi range I can get signal up and down my entire street

steveyos
08-28-2013, 08:18 PM
and I can hit my 4 MB/s download speed from my isp without a single hitch, everything about it is perfect until it's game time, then it just shits its self like ruby on a stauryday night

steveyos
08-28-2013, 08:19 PM
so if you don't play games this router is in fact perfect

steveyos YOLO
08-28-2013, 08:27 PM
You tried talking me into buying one because you either don't know what you're talking about or you hate me and want me to own garbage like you do

steveyos
08-28-2013, 08:34 PM
it mighta been this one, yeah even after all thsi time I've had no problems with it it works as perfect as it can possibly work adn the wifi range is literally about a mile, the only problem is gaming and it's only like three games, all the important games work fine and warframe is still in alpha so millions of people have the same problem with it

steveyos
08-28-2013, 08:34 PM
I can never figure out if you just try to troll me or if you're seirously too stupid to research and see the stuff I say is in fact always correct and I'm always right about choosing hardware/software

steveyos
08-28-2013, 09:30 PM
does anyone interested in actually helping me with this? I would like to see if maybe it can be fixed, but I am pretty sure I did everything right I followed http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F9K1002v3/ and ipconfig showed my ip that I set with (reserved) or whatever at the end and the internet worked and all that so idk how I coulda fucked something up and have the internet still work

I reset my router to default and undid the static ip stuff in windows, I don't think I even need to set a static ip my router is set to never end the lease on my ip so p much everything that connects is static anyway

I do have to disable the firewall to make second life load fast, but i'm pretty sur ethe firewall is norton so there's no making that shi twork, it just needs to be off but that's the thing if therouter's firewall is off why do I even need to forward ports??????

steveyos
08-28-2013, 09:32 PM
actrually my firewall si on since I did a facotry reset now let me try second life, it's been updated a few times since I turned the firewall off I wanna see if second life was partially at fault for its loading problems they did some major upgrades recently if I can run secon dlife without texture loading problems now with the firewall still on I wanna leave it on so pat can't get me, and since it doens't fuckin gmatter if it's on or off anyway because fuck norton

steveyos
08-28-2013, 09:33 PM
shoudl I set up twitch.tv for my second life speedrun?

steveyos YOLO
08-28-2013, 09:52 PM
The only fact that ive researched about you is your claims of being gay and those happen to be fact

steveyos
08-28-2013, 10:01 PM
oh

Camoron
08-29-2013, 07:04 AM
good thread i givs it 4 gold box

steveyos
08-29-2013, 07:23 AM
;]