PDA

View Full Version : Tips For Safe Babysitting

Lisa's Babysitter
09-05-2013, 08:43 PM
It's smart to begin your babysitting career by caring for a young brother or sister while your parent is at home busy with other work. If you don't have any younger siblings, you should arrange to take care of the preschooler of a neighbor or family member while the parent is home. You'll get to practice babysitting, but you'll have help available if you have a question or need assistance.

Since babysitting is a big responsibility, you need to be sure you are ready. Safe SitterŪ advises you to:

1. Be Prepared. Take a Safe SitterŪ course (if available). If not, look for another babysitter training class. You need to know first aid and how to rescue a choking infant or child.

2. Screen Job Requests. When someone asks you to babysit, be sure to ask yourself:

"Am I able? Can I handle the number and ages of the children, the length of the job, and the responsibilities?"
Will I be safe? Do I feel safe with the family, their home, and the neighborhood?"
3. Keep Your Parent Informed. Write the following on the family calendar:

Name of employer
Phone Number
Address
Date and time of departure and return
4. Allow Time with Employer for Instructions. Allow 15 - 30 minutes before the parent leaves to talk about the responsibilities and to tour the house.

House tour - location of children's rooms, off-limit areas, phones, first aid supplies
Children's routines - eating, bedtime, toileting, and activities
House rules - rules for television, computer, visitors, phone calls
5. Know Emergency Numbers. Before the employer leaves, write down:

Phone number and address of employer's home
Name and phone number of an immediately available adult
Emergency Services (911)
Police
Ambulance
Fire Department
Phone number for Poison Center (1-800-222-1222)
6. Practice Safe Household Habits. Protect yourself and the children:

Lock all doors.
Close all blinds and lock windows.
Be careful with phone calls.
Don't open the door to strangers.
7. Watch Children at all Times. Remember, injuries are the leading cause of death in young children.

8. Be in Control of the Children AT ALL TIMES. Become familiar with employers' approach to discipline. Know how to set limits and correct children. Never slap, shake, or physically punish a child.

9. Obey the House Rules. Breaking rules may get you into dangerous or embarrassing situations. Even if no obvious harm occurs, you will confuse the children and set a bad example.

10. Have Fun! Children are wonderful and well worth your best efforts!

steveyos YOLO
09-05-2013, 09:25 PM
What do you do if the child tries to seduce you and encourages you to have inappropriate relations?

Autistic Spectrum
09-05-2013, 09:30 PM
u try and not to give in to your baser instincts

DrHundos
09-05-2013, 09:32 PM
are u saying to deny my humanity

DrHundos
09-05-2013, 09:32 PM
my human instinct to lay pipe

Autistic Spectrum
09-05-2013, 09:33 PM
alot of parents are not as understanding as penguin island parents and will have you thrown in jail

DrHundos
09-05-2013, 09:37 PM
they cant hold me i have friends in high (4/20) places
what is penguin island

Autistic Spectrum
09-05-2013, 09:41 PM
one of 5 islands in the world you can rape 8 year old girls, and not go to jail

Autistic Spectrum
09-05-2013, 09:45 PM
a magical land of sexy 8 year old girls and penguins,

DrHundos
09-05-2013, 09:50 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1346545/1374297193387.gif

i wonder if you can abduct whatever girl you want then take her there to rape her, if that adds to the charge of kidnapping or if it doesnt count due to being in another law jurisdiction

steveyos YOLO
09-05-2013, 10:09 PM
I bet she made it up to just to get attention and brag to everyone how she lost her virginity when she was 8

lnopia the great
09-06-2013, 05:42 AM
lisa is convincingly bat shit insane which suggests she was infact raped by her babysitter at 8

Cody
09-06-2013, 01:30 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1346545/1374297193387.gif

i wonder if you can abduct whatever girl you want then take her there to rape her, if that adds to the charge of kidnapping or if it doesnt count due to being in another law jurisdiction

the phillipines allow this