PDA

View Full Version : don't buy anything from belkin oh my fucking fuck

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:09 PM
dmz'd, firewall off, everything off, house real big, car real big, still strict nat, forwarded ports 1-9999999999 even though firewall off, webpages wouldn't load, enabled everything again, giving up, throwing router out, never, ever, buy anything belkin

Camoron
09-15-2013, 06:12 PM
dick real big,

Camoron
09-15-2013, 06:13 PM
did you enable your johnson link forwarding?

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 06:14 PM
would have never happend if you installed windows 8

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:17 PM
did you enable your johnson link forwarding?

is this a joke in reference to something I never heard about or an actual computer term thing

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:18 PM
i'ts not every game, second life works fine, so these big time game devs like ubisoft and ea need to take a look at second life's code and learn how to set their shit up to even work with fucking terrible things like belkin

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 06:21 PM
reinstall windows 8 it will work good, after that

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:22 PM
idk why all these lizards like marco and autistic spectrum are still allowed up here

steveyos
they're both worse than jack and pat, at least their bickering is funny

m0nde
everyone else has no problem, maybe try upnp since you're having trouble with ports after resetting the router to default settings since it looks like you've fucked it up

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:24 PM
everyone else has no problem, maybe try upnp since you're having trouble with ports after resetting the router to default settings since it looks like you've fucked it up

lol if you think I'm the only person not having problems getting open nat on belkin you definitely did not do any research

unpnp is on, router isn't messed up, I know what I'm doing, google it or don't reply at all I don't need generic tech support automated responses right now in my life

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 06:24 PM
maybe look at your little mermiad theme as that is usually the culprit

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:26 PM
thankfully my mom likes reading so she's gonna finish whatever she's watching on hulu then read so I can plug my modem directly into my pc and game, and we're calling our isp to see if the cisco modem router combo is cheaper to just buy or lease from the isp

UofLCardfan08
should have bought an ASUS with your welfare money

steveyos
god dammit this autistic spectrum guy steals more posts from other posters than cody, he's worse than cody why is him and marco not herp'd wtf ruby

m0nde
09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
lol if you think I'm the only person not having problems getting open nat on belkin you definitely did not do any research

unpnp is on, router isn't messed up, I know what I'm doing, google it or don't reply at all I don't need generic tech support automated responses right now in my lifelol, i bet you don't have your ip locked. dhcp is probably fucking with dmz if you're trying to pass everything.

steveyos
god dammit that uoflizard person isn't herp'd either, doli didn't want my vb license because he said this place was good after clay restored the database but look at all these lizards, this place iddn't get better and now rubycalaber.net will never have vb because I used it for steveyelle.com when doli pussed out

Autistic Spectrum
maybe call rent a center where you got the computer and ask them for technical support, instead of you know making this shitty thread

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:28 PM
lol, i bet you don't have your ip locked. dhcp is probably fucking with dmz if you're trying to pass everything.

do you mean static ip?

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:28 PM
or dhcp lease time? that's on forever if so

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I've tried static ip, I've tried non-static ip, I've tried rubbing a ballon on the router to make it static, I know what I'm doing I've tried everything, just like the other people who are having this problem with belkin because belkin is the fucking worst

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:30 PM
you're not mentally retarded monde as much as you wish you were I know you know how to google and see it's not me, I know you're trying to troll me, and I have no idea why since I'm throwing the router in the trash tomorrow and could not care less

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 06:30 PM
buy a netgear router wtf is wrong with you,berklin makes great keyboards i guess idk, but why in the fuck would you buy a berklin router

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:31 PM
attn earth: belkin does not know what they're doing, do not buy belkin products

that's all this thread is about, no need for all this lizard drama

m0nde
09-15-2013, 06:31 PM
do you mean static ip?i mean set the ip as static on your pc, forget dhcp lease time, it's irrelevant if you have a static ip and add that ip to the dmz in the router. then you can turn on the firewall. after that pass whatever ports you want to that ip. if you don't have upnp working (could be broken or bugged in that version of firmware) ports be forwarded properly.

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:32 PM
buy a netgear router wtf is wrong with you,berklin makes great keyboards i guess idk, but why in the fuck would you buy a berklin router

because it was $40

me, my mom and my grandma are combining our funds if it's not cheaper to lease the cisco one from cox we're gonna come up with the $105 that it costs

I'm going with that one because cox recommends it so if it sucks they have to take care of it

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:33 PM
i mean set the ip as static on your pc, forget dhcp lease time, it's irrelevant if you have a static ip and add that ip to the dmz in the router. then you can turn on the firewall. after that pass whatever ports you want to that ip. if you don't have upnp working (could be broken or bugged in that version of firmware) ports be forwarded properly.

yup I did the static ip thing I did all that, as did the other people with this problem, if you're really trying to help me then just stop because I'm telling you it's not just me you can just google it to see it's not only me oh my god just google it I apprciate the help but save it for when I actually need help

Autistic Spectrum
can't you rent it monthly it's like 5 bucks and if it breaks it's there problem

m0nde
also, i don't know what kind of belkin router you have, but i've used a few and never had problems in the past. right now i'm using a Cisco DPC3825

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
i know the model number of my router off the top of my head, my life is very full,

m0nde
09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
yup I did the static ip thing I did all that, as did the other people with this problem, if you're really trying to help me then just stop because I'm telling you it's not just me you can just google it to see it's not only me oh my god just google it I apprciate the help but save it for when I actually need helpwhat model is it? you can check if there's a firmware upgrade

UofLCardfan08
09-15-2013, 06:35 PM
belkin sells decent cables if you are in a dire need or a hurry (staples, bestbuy, etc), spiffy generic mouse pads too.

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:36 PM
can't you rent it monthly it's like 5 bucks and if it breaks it's there problem

that's why we gotta call to see how much that actually costs and if they keep charging forever or stop charging when we reach the retail price

also, i don't know what kind of belkin router you have, but i've used a few and never had problems in the past. right now i'm using a Cisco DPC3825

F9K1002v3 , it's not just this one though, and there's also no firmware update

m0nde
09-15-2013, 06:36 PM
belkin sells decent cables if you are in a dire need or a hurry (staples, bestbuy, etc), spiffy generic mouse pads too.:gush:

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 06:37 PM
no it's tacked on to your cable bill each month forever, but it's literally 5 bucks

m0nde
09-15-2013, 06:39 PM
stevey, get them to come and give you a new cable modem with a wireless router built in, dp is right... fuck that shit

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 06:40 PM
if it breaks and cable modems always break you just bring it back and get a new one

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:42 PM
they already charge so much for the damn internet, if they're gonna take 5 extra dollars from me a month just to give me something they should give me for free can I at least break it on purpose a few times a year with free replacments?

steveyos
09-15-2013, 06:44 PM
at 5 a month it would take almost two years to come to 105 dollars and I'll be out of rhode island and using something that isn't god damned overpriced fucking junk cox/verizon BECUASE THAT'S LITERALLY TEH ONLY CHOICES IN FUCKING FAGGOT RHODE ISLAND so I guess if it actually is 5 then it's worth it, as long as I can at least break it at the end then break the fucking skulls of everyone who works at both of those isp's and also kill everyone at belkin

m0nde
09-15-2013, 06:45 PM
they already charge so much for the damn internet, if they're gonna take 5 extra dollars from me a month just to give me something they should give me for free can I at least break it on purpose a few times a year with free replacments?they SHOULD give it to you for free. why don't you call and shout at them?

blumpkin blownuts
09-15-2013, 06:51 PM
stevey nobodys going to hack you
you don't need your router firewall for a basic home network, leave it off. leave dmz off. don't forward ports unless a specific application recommends it, then forward only those ports.

then get a system firewall like PC Tools firewall plus so if something gets by your antivirus (which should be Avast, and nothing else) then it won't be able to go online, but nothing ever gets by avast

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 06:52 PM
if you have any other isp's in your area, just tell them THIS IS IT I HAVE HAD IT, FUCK YOU,,,, I'M SIWTCHING TO whatever the fuck, and they will give you the new subsicber rate or take money off, i do it once every year, when the new subsicber rate runs out,

m0nde
09-15-2013, 06:52 PM
stevey nobodys going to hack you
you don't need your router firewall for a basic home network, leave it off. leave dmz off. don't forward ports unless a specific application recommends it, then forward only those ports.

then get a system firewall like PC Tools firewall plus so if something gets by your antivirus (which should be Avast, and nothing else) then it won't be able to go online, but nothing ever gets by avasthe shoul;dn't even have to get pc tools firewall, he has windows 8. he can just use security essentials do what you're saying, leaving everything open. the router could have some buggy firmware in the first place. i've had cheapo linksys stuff like that

m0nde
09-15-2013, 06:53 PM
if you have any other isp's in your area, just tell them THIS IS IT I HAVE HAD IT, FUCK YOU,,,, I'M SIWTCHING TO whatever the fuck, and they will give you the new subsicber rate or take money off, i do it once every year, when the new subsicber rate runs out,ya threaten to leave and they'll give you a retention plan
insist on getting a free modem/wireless router

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 07:00 PM
if you don't care about being with out interent or cable for a week acutally cancel, and they will call you before they have to come and get the boxes like 3 days later and give you the best rate they possibly can,

steveyos
09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
the router's firewall is off

the problem is the only two isp's in fag island are cox and verizon and both of them are filled to the brim with :care: because they both fuck everyone over royally so they know I know if I go back to verizon I'm just gonna be in the same shit

it's ok though, if the cisco router actually works then it'll be worth the 5 a month and if it doesn't work and they don't fix it then I'll start slicing throats, then in two years when I'm out of rhode island forever and I find a new isp if they don't provide their own stuff I'll have the money to get a really good modem/router

if the belkin's access point feature isn't bugged to shit then I will keep it though because the cisco uses that new internet thingy not ipv6 but some other thing I can't remember and it makes the wifi range a lot shorter, so if I can I will use the belkin as a range extender because it sure as fuck has great wifi range I can get wifi up and down my entire street, but if the access point mode shit is broken too I'm gonna just gonna use the router to cut open every person at belkin

steveyos
09-15-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm gonna look into verizon's prices though, if they're advertised as cheaper I'm gonna tell cox I'll switch if they don't meet or beat their prices including the modemrouter and if they :care: me I'll just switch because verizon's had its own verizon-branded modem/router thing for years now oh my god they both suck so bad though I can't stand it I gotta get out of rhode island

steveyos
09-15-2013, 07:08 PM
I wish I could just screw the coax wire directly into my desktop

Camoron
09-15-2013, 07:11 PM
is this a joke in reference to something I never heard about or an actual computer term thing

Yes.

blumpkin blownuts
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
whatever you do always turn off ipv6, right now enough people are refusing ipv6 that it could get abandoned, which means world governments won't be able to use this cheap and easy weapon for their fight against free expression

Camoron
09-15-2013, 07:31 PM
if people refuse ipv6 eventually there wont be enough ip addresses to go around lol

blumpkin blownuts
09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
there's better solutions that don't incorporate geomapping addresses to physical nets

i figure we'll just add another NAT layer, i'm not a network expert but i think that will be much easier and still preserve the tiny amount of privacy we do have

Autistic Spectrum
09-15-2013, 08:48 PM
it will be like the uk where's theres only 10 ip address's

rootbeer
09-15-2013, 09:03 PM
i have an alien ware computer and a belkin router

steveyos
09-15-2013, 09:13 PM
what we really need is to just send a wire between each of our houses and just have our own little internet, a... rubynet

steveyos
09-15-2013, 09:14 PM
without the lizards obviously, but we'd have ot keep ruby locked up because you know he'd give them wires

rootbeer
09-15-2013, 09:15 PM
what we really need is to just send a wire between each of our houses and just have our own little internet, a... rubynet

it would become self aware and destroy the world like in terminator

steveyos
09-15-2013, 09:17 PM
except it would just be ruby with a mask on of that ugly asian lady from I guess the newest terminator movies or some shit after he finally snaps

steveyos
09-15-2013, 09:18 PM
and he'd break his back and arm trying to pick up a gun

maks
09-15-2013, 09:28 PM
whatever you do always turn off ipv6, right now enough people are refusing ipv6 that it could get abandoned, which means world governments won't be able to use this cheap and easy weapon for their fight against free expression

do not turn off ipv6 on an AD network or really anything with a windows server in it or you're asking for trouble

UofLCardfan08
09-16-2013, 06:02 AM
if you have any other isp's in your area, just tell them THIS IS IT I HAVE HAD IT, FUCK YOU,,,, I'M SIWTCHING TO whatever the fuck, and they will give you the new subsicber rate or take money off, i do it once every year, when the new subsicber rate runs out,

This ^ and with a 100% Perfect payment history will make them jump hurdles to Not lose a great customer, if your payment history is severely flawed they don't and will not give a fuck if you move on to another provider.

steve yelle the section 8 poster child