PDA

View Full Version : people who drink coffee tend to live shorter, people who drink alcohol tend to live longer

Moonman
10-07-2013, 01:22 PM
this has been a Healthy Tips & Tricks with doctor plug drugs

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 01:23 PM
people who meet at the tip are more likely to contract SUPER AIDS

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 01:26 PM
correlation is not causation, also wheres the study moron

steveyos YOLO
10-07-2013, 01:26 PM
People who shove pills up their ass are 10X more likely to put other objects up their ass.

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 01:31 PM
people who fall in love with lisa over the internet are 10 times more likely to become a pariah to online communities

steveyos YOLO
10-07-2013, 01:38 PM
They also discover they are sexually attracted to little boys.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 01:39 PM
correlation is not causation, also wheres the study moron

pretty sure it has to do with alcohol's dilation of blood vessels promoting good heart health and caffeine's damaging effect on the vascular system, its just science doli. Here's an abstract:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-0277.2010.01286.x/pdf
oh youve got to register to view it, oh those fucking jews, well here is some schmuck internet journalist's flawed and biased take on the study:
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2017200,00.html

and as for the coffee thing i dont think thats very true, for every study saying that coffee is bad for you there's one more that says its good for you

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 01:41 PM
:words:

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 01:47 PM
that study doesnt compare coffee drinkers and alcohol drinkers, it compares moderate alcohol drinkers to non-drinkers and heavy drinkers. i also rly have to question the methodology, all they did was get a bunch of old ppls names and drinking status then wait for them to die so they could look at their death certificates. the ppl who were heavy drinkers at the age of 55 could easily have stopped at the age of 56, someone who was a heavy drinker at age 54 could easily have abstained at age 55 and been listed as an abstainer, etc. this study is shit, and theres also this pretty enormous qualifier tucked in:

A model controlling for former problem drinking status, existing health problems, and key sociodemographic and social-behavioral factors, as well as for age and gender, substantially reduced the mortality effect for abstainers compared to moderate drinkers

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 01:48 PM
in short no, i rly dont think anyone should pick up "moderate drinking" so that they can live longer

always stevey
10-07-2013, 01:49 PM
The guy accross the street died from liver failure. He drank a pint of vodka everyday

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 01:50 PM
and he was cag's dad, rip cag's father

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 01:52 PM
[bows head in silense]

Moonman
10-07-2013, 01:54 PM
that study doesnt compare coffee drinkers and alcohol drinkers, it compares moderate alcohol drinkers to non-drinkers and heavy drinkers. i also rly have to question the methodology, all they did was get a bunch of old ppls names and drinking status then wait for them to die so they could look at their death certificates. the ppl who were heavy drinkers at the age of 55 could easily have stopped at the age of 56, someone who was a heavy drinker at age 54 could easily have abstained at age 55 and been listed as an abstainer, etc. this study is shit, and theres also this pretty enormous qualifier tucked in:

yeah that doesn't matter the numbers are large enough where a few heavy drinker becoming abstainers or abstainers becoming heavy drinkers here or there doesnt really put a dent in these percentages:

The sample of those who were studied included individuals between ages 55 and 65 who had had any kind of outpatient care in the previous three years. The 1,824 participants were followed for 20 years. One drawback of the sample: a disproportionate number, 63%, were men. Just over 69% of the abstainers died during the 20 years, 60% of the heavy drinkers died and only 41% of moderate drinkers died.

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
95% of the time i don't read what plug drugs posts

Moonman
10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
you could say that participants of the study who already had serious health problems to begin with would be less likely to drink, I'd take that as a valid counter-argument

rootbeer
10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
i put booz in my coffee, so i will live to be 100

always stevey
10-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Doli and dp pretty smug mocking the dead

jon
10-07-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PNc9KN50M

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 02:53 PM
yeah that doesn't matter the numbers are large enough where a few heavy drinker becoming abstainers or abstainers becoming heavy drinkers here or there doesnt really put a dent in these percentages:

thats not true. prior drinking history is a huge thign that they didnt even take into account

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 02:54 PM
cag is basically living on borrowed time,

always stevey
10-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I was in a good mood today until reading this thread.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 03:29 PM
thats not true. prior drinking history is a huge thign that they didnt even take into account

like that even matters, i think a bigger flaw is the fact that someone with cancer probably isnt going to be hitting the bottle.
Also, cancer is the leading cause of death in that age group

Moonman
10-07-2013, 03:37 PM
actually i take that back, 65+ the biggest killer is heart disease, and alcohol can in theory protect someone from heart disease, its just science doli

PROFESSIONAL WHITE SUPREMACIST
10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
i am going to live forever its science

Moonman
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
when im on speed, drinking alcohol can alleviate the body load, lower my high heart rate, and virtually eliminate the stimulant comedown/crash, as long as i'm drinking lots of water and staying hydrated as well. That's all the proof i need that alcohol is healthy for you. I'm a huge proponent of poly-drug use. If youre gonna do drugs you might as well just speedball it

always stevey
10-07-2013, 03:42 PM
actually i take that back, 65+ the biggest killer is heart disease, and alcohol can in theory protect someone from heart disease, its just science doli

Science is based on fact, not theories.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Science is based on fact, not theories.

okay is einstein's theory of relativity not science then?

PROFESSIONAL WHITE SUPREMACIST
10-07-2013, 03:53 PM
its jew trickery

always stevey
10-07-2013, 03:53 PM
You can't compare your retarded theories to what you read off a brief history of time. Remenmber, you are a cart pushing stuffy who shoves heroine and speed up his ass

always stevey
10-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Riddle me this, pluggy, lmao what kind of theories would Einstein have about you shoving drugs in your ass?

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 04:18 PM
alcohol consumption poses huge risks that extend beyond any protective effect moderate drinking might have on the cardiovascular system. that u actually think mixing an amphetamine and alcohol together has some sort of magical beneficial effect shows how big of a moron you are, you are NOT suposed to take amphetamines with alcohol period, the end. thats a great way to harm urself

Gentleman Doli
when im on speed, drinking alcohol can alleviate the body load, lower my high heart rate, and virtually eliminate the stimulant comedown/crash, as long as i'm drinking lots of water and staying hydrated as well. That's all the proof i need that alcohol is healthy for you. I'm a huge proponent of poly-drug use. If youre gonna do drugs you might as well just speedball it

the plural of anecdote is not data

Gentleman Doli
when i snort cocaine it makes me feel GOOD! thats all the proof i need that cocaine is good for you

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 04:20 PM
cag knows this well. when cag takes her adderall with a big bottle of whiskey her little kidneys starts to shrivel up

always stevey
10-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Dr. Plug drugs

Moonman
10-07-2013, 04:38 PM
You can't compare your retarded theories to what you read off a brief history of time

what are you even talking about

Moonman
10-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Riddle me this, pluggy, lmao what kind of theories would Einstein have about you shoving drugs in your ass?

i clearly dont find it insulting pointing out that i put drugs up my butt, i mean i nsmed myself plug drugs okay

Moonman
10-07-2013, 04:41 PM
alcohol consumption poses huge risks that extend beyond any protective effect moderate drinking might have on the cardiovascular system. that u actually think mixing an amphetamine and alcohol together has some sort of magical beneficial effect shows how big of a moron you are, you are NOT suposed to take amphetamines with alcohol period, the end. thats a great way to harm urself

yeah you sound like youre very educated on the subject, by what mechanism does taking both together pose a risk of harming you? the truth is taking both together is less harmful than taking either alone

Moonman
10-07-2013, 04:42 PM
in fact if you wound up in the ER from an amphetamine overdose, the first line of treatment would be to give you benodiazepines

always stevey
10-07-2013, 04:42 PM
i clearly dont find it insulting pointing out that i put drugs up my butt, i mean i nsmed myself plug drugs okay
Yes we all know you are proud to put drugs in your ass to try and be cool

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 04:44 PM
yeah you sound like youre very educated on the subject, by what mechanism does taking both together pose a risk of harming you? the truth is taking both together is less harmful than taking either alone

Using ethanol together with amphetamine can increase the risk of cardiovascular side effects such as increased heart rate, chest pain, or blood pressure changes. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with amphetamine. Let your doctor know if you experience severe or frequent headaches, chest pain, and/or a fast or pounding heartbeat

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 04:44 PM
unknown. In one study, concurrent administration of methamphetamine (30 mg intravenously) and ethanol (1 gm/kg orally over 30 minutes) increased heart rate by 24 beats/minute compared to methamphetamine alone. This increases cardiac work and myocardial oxygen consumption, which may lead to more adverse cardiovascular effects than either agent alone. Subjective effects of ethanol were diminished in the eight study subjects, but those of methamphetamine were not affected. The pharmacokinetics of methamphetamine were also unaffected except for a decrease in the apparent volume of distribution at steady state. The interaction was suspected in a case report of a 20-year-old male who experienced retrosternal chest pain shortly after drinking alcohol and taking a double dose of his amphetamine/dextroamphetamine medication (Adderall 15 mg X 2) to stay alert. The patient had no family history of cardiovascular diseases, and his past medical history was remarkable only for ADHD. Prior to the episode, the patient had not taken his medication for weeks and had been drinking whiskey the previous three nights before going to bed. The patient was diagnosed with myocardial infarction likely secondary to amphetamine-induced coronary vasospasm.

juji
10-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Hey cag fucking puta let me choke-fuck you so hard in this night.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 04:45 PM
cag knows this well. when cag takes her adderall with a big bottle of whiskey her little kidneys starts to shrivel up

when i take stimulants i drink more than 100 fl oz of water a day my kidneys are fine

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 04:48 PM
hahaha studies and the medical literature??? i have "experience"!

Moonman
10-07-2013, 04:49 PM
unknown. In one study, concurrent administration of methamphetamine (30 mg intravenously) and ethanol (1 gm/kg orally over 30 minutes) increased heart rate by 24 beats/minute compared to methamphetamine alone. This increases cardiac work and myocardial oxygen consumption, which may lead to more adverse cardiovascular effects than either agent alone. Subjective effects of ethanol were diminished in the eight study subjects, but those of methamphetamine were not affected. The pharmacokinetics of methamphetamine were also unaffected except for a decrease in the apparent volume of distribution at steady state. The interaction was suspected in a case report of a 20-year-old male who experienced retrosternal chest pain shortly after drinking alcohol and taking a double dose of his amphetamine/dextroamphetamine medication (Adderall 15 mg X 2) to stay alert. The patient had no family history of cardiovascular diseases, and his past medical history was remarkable only for ADHD. Prior to the episode, the patient had not taken his medication for weeks and had been drinking whiskey the previous three nights before going to bed. The patient was diagnosed with myocardial infarction likely secondary to amphetamine-induced coronary vasospasm.
it said he hadn't taken his medication in weeks, and was probably at a baseline tolerance. Taking 30mg of adderall for anyone not familiar with it could cause strange feelings in the chest. I remember the first time I took adderall, i took 60mg and it felt like the muscles I use to breathe were going to stop working.

I'm going to have to call bullshit on the increased heart rate. I've never experienced that, give me a link

Moonman
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
hahaha studies and the medical literature??? i have "experience"!

you yourself argued that certain medical studies are flawed

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
ive never experienced Stevens–Johnson syndrome when i take bactrim and yet its a real side effect of the drug. who wouldve thougt

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 04:51 PM
it said he hadn't taken his medication in weeks, and was probably at a baseline tolerance. Taking 30mg of adderall for anyone not familiar with it could cause strange feelings in the chest. I remember the first time I took adderall, i took 60mg and it felt like the muscles I use to breathe were going to stop working.

I'm going to have to call bullshit on the increased heart rate. I've never experienced that, give me a link

myocardial infarction isnt a fucking "strange feeling in the chest", its a heart attack you fucking lunatic

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
fck plug drugs ur such an idiot lmao

juji
10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
lmfao Plug drugs is gonna have stevens-johnson syndrome

Moonman
10-07-2013, 04:57 PM
that study is questionable, its from '95 and also says that methamphetamine by itself causes a "minimal change in heart rate", which is blatantly untrue

juji
10-07-2013, 04:59 PM
keep telling yourself and using drugs

juji
10-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Plug drug's experimental No. 352:

Paint Nose:

Mix some milliliters of paint, whatever colour, then add generic alcohol in the bag, inhale.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 05:03 PM
myocardial infarction isnt a fucking "strange feeling in the chest", its a heart attack you fucking lunatic

hmm didnt read that part. Where's the link to that article

juji
10-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Plug drug's experiment No. 353:

Enhanced Paint Nose:

Mix some milliliters of paint, whatever colour, then add generic alcohol and unleaded fuel in the bag, inhale.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 05:33 PM
If he did actually have a heart attack, I bet there was caffeine or something in whatever he was drinking, or ginseng or some other kind of stimulant. Deaths from amphetamine alone are so rare they're almost exclusively limited to people with pre-existing heart problems or something.
In the UK, only 832 deaths related to amphetamine were reported over a 10 year period (1997-2007), which is something like 6 deaths per 100,000 users. Not very significant.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Also in that study, they were getting them extremely drunk first (1 gm/kg of alcohol is like 6 drinks in only half an hour), then giving them meth an hour later. It's possible they were dehydrated and already starting to feel hungover by the time they stuck meth in them; I bet if they did a study where they gave them meth first, then an hour later give them a low dose of alcohol (1-2 drinks) they'd see a decrease in heart rate.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 05:58 PM
next time i'm tweaking, i will document my exploits with a video camera and check my heart rate before and after drinking alcohol and shit just to prove you wrong homes

Gentleman Doli
10-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Also in that study, they were getting them extremely drunk first (1 gm/kg of alcohol is like 6 drinks in only half an hour), then giving them meth an hour later. It's possible they were dehydrated and already starting to feel hungover by the time they stuck meth in them; I bet if they did a study where they gave them meth first, then an hour later give them a low dose of alcohol (1-2 drinks) they'd see a decrease in heart rate.

lmao what a bunch of gobbledygook. "already starting to feel hungover"

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 06:18 PM
lol 3 pages plug drugs threads about wikipedia articles

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Plug drug's experiment No. 353:

Enhanced Paint Nose:

Mix some milliliters of paint, whatever colour, then add generic alcohol and unleaded fuel in the bag, inhale.

Moonman
10-07-2013, 06:23 PM
i am just super smart, i have been given a gift

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 06:23 PM
the gift of wikipedia

Moonman
10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
lmao what a bunch of gobbledygook. "already starting to feel hungover"

you know what i meant, they were probably already feeling dehydrated snd sick of drinking, maybe had a headache and felt nauseous. their body was already in recovery mode from drinking and then they stuck meth in them and their body was like "what the fuck is this shit", i know if i take speed when i'm hungover the side effects are way worse, they should have gave them meth first then gave them drinks

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
hmm let me read your well thought out counterpoint action star get's reading glasses action star

Moonman
10-07-2013, 06:31 PM
what where on wikipedia does it say that mixing alcohol with amphetamine is better for you than taking either alone, this is a plug drugs original thesis

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 06:32 PM
you can littlerely go edit it to say that, but you would know that since you are a wikipedia user

Moonman
10-07-2013, 06:35 PM
without references its just going to get changed back right away

Autistic Spectrum
10-07-2013, 06:36 PM
so reference this shitty thread

Moonman
10-07-2013, 06:37 PM
good thinking