PDA

View Full Version : so texas is a police state

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 02:55 AM
www.dailydot.com/crime/league-of-legends-joke-jail-time/

By Fidel Martinez on June 28, 2013 Email

A New Braunfels, Texas, resident faces the possibility of serious jail time after making an offhand Facebook comment about murdering children.

In February 2013, Justin Carter got in an argument on the social network over League of Legends, the popular online multiplayer game. At some point during the conversation, someone accused Carter of being off his rocker.

"Oh you're insane, you're crazy, you're messed up in the head," they said, Carter's father recounts.

Instead of dismissing the claim, the 18-year-old responded in a less than tactful manner.

"Oh yeah, I'm real messed up in the head, I'm going to shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts," he wrote. The teen's comments came two months after the tragic mass shooting at Sandy Hook.

Carter allegedly followed the previous message with an "lol" and a "jk," but the joke was lost on a Canadian woman who was partaking in the discussion. According to KHOU, she did a cursory Google search and found out that the Texas teen previously lived next to a primary school.

She then contacted the local police department, who proceeded to arrest him on March 27. He is being charged with making terroristic threats. A search of Carter's home produced no weapon and his computer was confiscated as evidence. His trial has been set for July 1.

In the interim, Jennifer Carter—Justin's mother—has launched a Change.org campaign petionining Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, Comal County District Attorney Jennifer Tharp, and President Barack Obama to release her son. The petition argues that the police were in violation of Brandenburg v. Ohio, a 1969 Supreme Court case that ruled that government agencies "cannot punish inflammatory speech unless that speech is directed to inciting, and is likely to incite imminent lawless action."

As of this writing, the petition has collected 6,742 signatures, and has garnered the support of the League of Legends community.

If convicted, Carter could face up to eight years in prison.

Photo via Marck Schoenmaker/Flickr

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 02:56 AM
well the internet was fun while it lasted.. I quote Joe Walsh, "Uhoh, here comes the flock of wah wahs"

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 02:59 AM
what are cops doing these days i mean what the fuck, theyre all hopped up on crime drama and CNN or something, they're living in a fantasy world

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:01 AM
cross your fingers and hope this generation of dumbshits that recently inherited the world dies out quickly before they can start any more wars or throw out more of our civil liberties

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:22 AM
anyone else think the political party system in this country is designed to force people into an ultimatum so no matter which 'side' they choose, the dichotomous mentality of political parties in general causes people to be forced into taking sides on issues -- like, it's almost sort of like peer pressure, "you're with us or you're against us"

I'm an advocate for gun laws; I don't believe in global warming, I think its a convenient hoax invented to impose carbon taxes.

But I also think gays should be allowed to get married. I think abortions are fine as long as the fetus doesn't show any CNS activity. I think we should invest more of our tax dollars into education - because when you invest in education, the benefit it returns to you will be exponential. I think the Iraq war was pointless. I dislike large corporations. I think all drugs should be decriminalized.

But I also believe in a laissez faire economic environment; I think the government should be given as little authority as possible over the people.

Am I a walking contradiction or the smartest man alive? Plug drugs for president!

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:24 AM
Let's be honest here.. Conservatives who complain about gays getting married and liberals who complain about CO2 emissions don't actually believe their own bullshit, they just want something to whine about "my opinion matters wahhhhhhhhhh"

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:25 AM
fuck dr phil and law and order

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:32 AM
Right now I'm thinking about all the racist shit cops pull to fine and jail natives around here...

I think Nietzsche was right when he said something like "The death of God has allowed the serpents who inhabit his tomb to thrive".. The Christian Ideal has become a monstrosity.. it really is slave morality.. the leeches band together and snake their way up to the highest position of authority they can reach so they can 'snuff the rooster'

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:38 AM
At his core though, Nietzsche was not truly an enemy of Christianity. He once wrote something like "There has only ever been one true Christian, and he died on the cross". Nietzsche had a great deal of respect for the figure Jesus Christ; Nietzsche's father was a Lutheran pastor (but died when Friedrich was only 5)..

He once wrote a letter to his sister: "Hence the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe [in religion]; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire..."

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:40 AM
When I said I'm an advocate for gun laws a few posts back, I meant the right to own a gun, not restrictions against firearms

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Not like being armed is going to save us from our own government anymore though; if shit hit the fan and our government started rounding everyone up to the camps, being armed to the teeth with fully automatic heavy machine guns and explosives would be pointless. Nowadays a drone will just read your heat signature from 3 miles away 10,000 feet in the air and put a bullet in your head before you can even put on your tinfoil hat

Garfield
12-08-2013, 03:46 AM
take a break from the internet for a while mike youre starting to get a little "nuts"

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:52 AM
am not

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 03:55 AM
"its happening", Was there ever any sort of fail-safe mechanism put in place to stop this??? Who's job is it? Yours? Mine?

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 04:04 AM
The scariest truth: the documents and doctrines which serve as the foundation for our entire government are just words; they never guaranteed our protection when the day finally came when our government disregarded the 'words' and turned on us, the people.. Perhaps the political doctrine which the united states was founded upon was never some unchangeable set of codes that were immune to failure, but what the founding fathers were actually trying to do was describe an idea, a direction for us to be headed in, towards intangible freedom.

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 04:12 AM
the south is fucking medieval; your cops just tase people for the fuck of it, like even if a kid was just being a smartass

up here in the north we'd come up with a million and a half reasons to sue the police department. But in the south you can't do shit because you don't even have an opinion, because the courts down there are run by the same kind of jackasses as the cops

Basically, in the south, if they're in the mood to completely fuck someone's life over for no other reason besides it gives them a boner, they do it, and they get away with it

Garfield
12-08-2013, 04:15 AM
because we arent tattltale pussys, we take it like a man

Garfield
12-08-2013, 04:15 AM
TEACHER HE HIT ME GIVE HIM A D-HALL

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 04:26 AM
when i think of the south i think of a bunch of colonel sanders copy/pasted sitting in the shade dressed in a white suit with a white hat checking their pocket watch and sipping a glass of ice water with a sinister grin on their face while their negroes work for them out in the field. The colonels have this stupid look of appeasement on their face, content the position on top they've jewed their way into. They sit around convincing themselves and others that they don't even have to be the least bit thankful or apologetic for their position. They have some delusion that those beneath them are beneath them due to a moral inferiority, and the fat colonels believe themselves to be somehow innately superior to those beneath them

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 04:30 AM
because we arent tattltale pussys, we take it like a man

no you ritually take a nigger or a spic who has been getting too ballsy, and take him out in the woods and beat his teeth out with blunt objects to put him back in his place, and remind all them minorities that they're never going to make it out of the hole they're in because you're just going to push them back into it if they try crawling out

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 04:31 AM
jizz

Garfield
12-08-2013, 04:44 AM
yeah well i REALLY want burger king french toast sticks

Plug Drugs
12-08-2013, 05:29 AM
did you know, spics lived in texas and everywhere else in the southwest for hundreds of years before pistol toting white trash moved in

www.whatthefuck.com
12-09-2013, 04:31 AM
thats great if lisa has a layover in texas we can get her ass arrested and deported for threatening people's lives here

Plug Drugs
12-09-2013, 04:41 AM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/amXAo5v_460s_v1.jpg

juji
12-09-2013, 04:43 AM
This is old news, however

I was hoping Clay should say something about murdering little kids that look like mexicans in school on the internet.

www.whatthefuck.com
12-09-2013, 05:52 AM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/amXAo5v_460s_v1.jpg

wow what an unfunny pic

jon
12-09-2013, 06:29 AM
lol oh my god this is great ya its a police state lol get mad faget

Plug Drugs
12-09-2013, 08:24 AM
lol oh my god this is great ya its a police state lol get mad faget

youre a smarmy little bastard arent you, youll be quite content when they insert an irremovable chip into our lower abdomen upon birth

Plug Drugs
12-09-2013, 08:25 AM
you fucking fools, integrate it into the mid-brain, that way it can interrupt communication between the frontal lobe and the brain stem, you can strongly suggest muscular movements in a person while still making them think that they caused said movements, its fucking genius

Plug Drugs
12-09-2013, 08:28 AM
then youll start to wonder "what if i had a chip in me all along" itll be great you wont be able to tell up from down left from rigt but itll make for a good comedy after you die you can look back and be like "ha ha i was all fucked up"

Plug Drugs
12-09-2013, 08:28 AM
fucckfuckkkeddDedD uPOP oohooohooohoohohooh0o0hoh0ohoOHOoOH

Camoron
12-09-2013, 08:37 AM
im going to rip plugdrugs haeat out and fuck it just like lisa did metaphoriclaly