PDA

View Full Version : im gonna start going to ytmnd daily

fanfare
05-01-2012, 12:26 PM
i just posted in the news. can you believe there still is a YTMND website with NEWS?

http://ytmnd.com/news/

scroll down to directory, i hope you enjoy it!gh

maks
05-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Stomplebane
April 23rd, 2012
11:44:58 PM CDT
38th
(-3) max, ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

isn't that cute he thinks he's drunkpuppies. Die.

Gentleman Doli
05-01-2012, 04:33 PM
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ unban Doli. Put this in your sig if you support YTMNSFW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

lnopia the great
05-01-2012, 06:15 PM
May 1st, 2012
5:43:22 AM CDT
125th
(0)The Unfunny Truth About Unfunny Websites

Whatever first attracts you to a community, be it the freedom to post shock images, grown men skillfully pretending to be teenage girls, or fresh fruit, if you stay there it will be for one of two reasons. Either you've made friends you enjoy interacting with or you dislike the community so much that you just want to troll them.

In this way YTMND should be different. Because it's not a message board. People create images and audio files to make their own YTMNDs. That's what the site is for. If the site worked as intended these YTMNDs would be rated on their content and nothing else. But that's not how YTMND does work. It's not a stretch to suggest that most of us could predict exactly what everyone else is going to vote on any given site without ever seeing the site itself, only who submitted it.

Now whether YTMND ratings worked as intended or not the site would not be as popular as it was in its heyday. Incompatibility with mobile devices and ever changing browsers treating Gifs and Flash animation in ever changing ways make YTMNDs an unfriendly link to share with the WWW. Indeed it seems that whatever is currently the most used browser in the world it's a safe bet it will not play (re: sync) your faggy short films as you intended, despite your files being synced to the 100th of a second when you made them.

However it's still not uncommon to see a YTMND go viral. Yesterday this site bartman/profile got a few thousand hits from offsite. Follow the link back you'll see this comment:

"Sorry, I don't click external links. never heard of that site..."

Which was followed by someone explaining what YTMND was and insisting it was a safe site
[reply]
May 1st, 2012
6:10:21 AM CDT
126th
(0) Some might suggest that the creator of YTMND, Max Goldenberg, makes his site intentionally unwelcoming in an attempt to prevent it from becoming something as godawful as Reddit and it's Funny board. But to suggest that would be to ignore the reality that it is nearly that bad while still being somewhat unwelcoming to the average noob. So, we currently have the worst of both worlds.

Meme-generator level content advicemax4.ytmnd.com with no audience.
Most of the larger discussion forums that spawned from the YTMND community were so-called Troll Forums. Considered legendary (by their own members) in trolling any new poster. An initiation of sort. Put a new poster through hell and see if they're cool enough to take it. At least, that's the claim. The reality behind such communities is something quite different.

When you think of YTMND, a user like Nutnics didn't have much of a problem being accepted. Though he was hardly a vote whore, he was actually quite often mean in voting and commenting on other's sites. But he simply made the best sites. So he was accepted.

I would be interested to see what would happen if a Nutnics were to find YTMND for the first time today and set about being active in making sites, voting, and commenting in the same manner he did 6 years ago.
Because invariably on those 'Troll Boards' there will be a core group who chat or IM together off board. YTMND has always had such groups, the Troll Boards themselves, IRC, Gabbly, Aim and Skype, even friggin' Meebo.
Just like YTMND, these smaller groups have some members who are very funny. Others who are very uninteresting and who can only parrot what everyone else says and hope to fit in with obsequious pandering.
[reply]
May 1st, 2012
6:30:34 AM CDT
127th
(0) But most people like an ass kisser (and you'll find no shortage of insincere flattery at YTMND). So in these smaller groups, these cliques and troll boards, you'll find members who aren't particularly entertaining or likable yet who have some very read standing and respect within that group. Simply because they are part of the group.

Simply because they show up everyday and are there all the time.

These people tend to be VERY defensive when it comes to this standing within the group. Someone like our hypothetical "New" Nutnics isn't going to care. He can take or leave your group. He makes the best sites so everyone is going to be kissing his ass.

Once someone with no real talent finds a place where they are accepted (again, done simply by showing up every day for years) they have to hold onto it because they have nothing else. And the worst thing that can happen would be for a bunch of funny and interesting new people to come into the group and sort of drown out their nothing. So, as I said, they are very defensive in this regard. And react in very offensive ways to try and protect their standing.
[reply]
May 1st, 2012
6:31:33 AM CDT
128th
(0) Going back to the Troll Boards; this explains the real reason new people are attacked and trolled. The funny posters, the ones who are the actual reason you are there, they'll make a nasty comment or two because it is a troll board. But that's it. The ones who don't ever stop, who insist no new members be accepted into the clique (basically unless they sign an oath of fealty toward them), those are the ones with nothing to offer. Who are desperate to hold onto their place in an IM chat group of 5 to 10 people. They're the ones who kill communities unknowingly out of their desperation to be part of it.

See if you can identify such users here at YTMND. And then maybe do something about them.

lnopia the great
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
nailed it

siburke939
05-01-2012, 06:36 PM
>implying anyone here visits the main site

lnopia the great
05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
http://rubynet.ytmnd.com/

maks
05-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Hello Surfer!

Please consider adding YTMND.com to your adblocker's whitelist.

Sites like YTMND depend on advertising revenue from viewers like you to stay alive. Help keep our site freely available.

Hello Max!

I don't give a shit if YTMND stays alive.

Suck my balls. Help my balls be freely sucked by you.

maks
05-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Interesting story about Max, he's a stupid unfunny faggot.

Gentleman Doli
05-01-2012, 08:02 PM
There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Gentleman Doli,
Cody

pilleater
05-01-2012, 09:08 PM
hi. im from ytmnd.

rubycalaber
05-01-2012, 09:14 PM
you're the frontpage faggot now dog :tup:

rubycalaber
05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
(that was directed at pilleater not fanfare if anyone disses fanfare on my site they get their post deleted, perma-banned, IP traced and murdered irl)

pilleater
05-01-2012, 09:22 PM
i have ytmnds on the front page. none of you ever got front page. your hypocrites because if you said that and a black guy was hear you would get beat up for racism, cowards.

pilleater
05-01-2012, 09:26 PM
i can't leave because i am on a computer and i will go back on to use it.

pilleater
05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
are u the only user on the forum who answers to my comments? i would like someone else to answer my comments. unless you are the admin and have alts. what do u ppls talk about anyway?

rubycalaber
05-01-2012, 09:40 PM
i have ytmnds on the front page. none of you ever got front page. your hypocrites because if you said that and a black guy was hear you would get beat up for racism, cowards.

what are you, some kinda noob who doesnt know about my guest news post?

pilleater
05-01-2012, 09:44 PM
whats a guest post? (sarcastically speaking)

rootbeer
05-01-2012, 09:45 PM
hello good time. lets have a good time together.

rubycalaber
05-01-2012, 09:50 PM
whats a guest post? (sarcastically speaking)

http://ytmnd.com/news/77

pilleater
05-01-2012, 09:55 PM
lol that is so funny. why dosent max let you do post anymore? you should be more famous on ytmnd.

rubycalaber
05-01-2012, 10:01 PM
it was just for that one site getting on tv, so as always max only cares about his site getting more exposure and thus ad revenue and not actually funny content

pilleater
05-01-2012, 10:07 PM
i personally think Mr.Krab sites and AHHHHHHHHHHHss are funny. but everyone downvotes them too. they are seriously like the new fad on ytmnd.

Gentleman Doli
05-01-2012, 10:16 PM
i love how in the announcement hes all like "i will be INCOGNITO, you will NOT recognize me... dont even bother losers. i wont even have a nametag on" as if the whole world was dyeing to talk to max goldberg and then only 3 people posted in response half of which was lnopia spamming rubynet over and over again

pilleater
05-01-2012, 10:23 PM
im going to ROLFcon and i will meet max and tell him who i am :ozone:

rubycalaber
05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I'll make you mod if you punch him in the face on film

lnopia the great
05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
im going to sponsor my rubynet ytmnd so we get more frontpage exposeure :smug:

rubycalaber
05-01-2012, 10:50 PM
you should put the url in the sites text since frontpagers are really stupid and lazy and wont check the info

maks
03-11-2013, 05:01 PM
They've moved onto this one now

There are currently 20 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 19 guests)

lnopia the great
03-11-2013, 11:10 PM
i didnt take rubys advice and with 3k views last week i think it was the right choiece (im a big deal over there)