PDA

View Full Version : fuck the "energy crisis"

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 09:54 AM
you can get electricity from the ground (something to do with the sun ionizing particles in the dirt, making this source of energy virtually renewable and free) and harnessing it is as simple as jabbing two metal poles in the ground as shown in this video
0zXLMKT1aS4

then, after you get enough energy from the ground to charge a car battery, you can make hydrogen gas by merely running the electricity from the battery through salty water. Seeing as how 2/3 of the planet is covered in salty water, obtaining it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

A normal car engine will run off hydrogen gas obtained by this method as shown in this video
yjqkHhWUKOU

so fuck all the lazy pricks bitching about gas prices and blah blah blah your generation was just too lazy to be innovative and fuck you hope meteors crash into this planet or volcanoes or something kill us all

timmy
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
pretty sure you arent innovative either i bet you dont even know how to change car brake pads or disks

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
the point is that people out there knew how to do this and people have known how to do it for at least 80 years, but it never got done

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
solving the energy crisis one science fair project at a time

timmy
05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
the first cars were electric and they ended up going to petroleum, we've had the technology all along i dont see whats to complain about everything will sort its self out.. the world wide cost for changing car engines to use renewable or w/e though will take time.. id rather worry about things like how long can i go without masturbating that keeps my mind busy

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
the first cars were electric and they ended up going to petroleum, we've had the technology all along i dont see whats to complain about everything will sort its self out.. the world wide cost for changing car engines to use renewable or w/e though will take time.. id rather worry about things like how long can i go without masturbating that keeps my mind busy
you don't need to change any fucking car engines, the standard combustion engine will run off of hydrogen

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
it doesnt take any fucking time just DO IT

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
its much easier when you get home from your laborious lobotomizing desk job to just sit and watch tv and order dominoes than it is to go to your local hardware store and spend a few hours assembling technology that any sophomore in high school knows how to make

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:11 AM
this is your brain on drugs

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:13 AM
yeah hahahay ou must be a druggy to think of some common sense fucking solution to what everyone bitches about i mean if it was that eays then, well, why isn't already happening hahha fucking stupid druggies

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
the poster above me has failed to realize that

1) takes more energy to isolate hydrogen then its potential burn energy so this likely wont work large scale
2) this is a bandaid taht falls off rather quickly since our oil cost extends well beyond cars burning gas
3) doesnt create more oil

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:15 AM
$$oil$$

lnopia the great
cute lil project you got though lol

lnopia the great
come back when you got some big boy ideas

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:17 AM
lmao it burns into water dumbass

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:20 AM
i get that your last chem class was in 86 but please dont spread misinfiormation it produces the same exhaust as gas just no heavy metals etc aswell so its cleaner

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:20 AM
this is wehy you peasants dont run anything

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
plug sdrugs is scrambling for some youtube vids or wikipedia pages to refute me

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
doesnt know what to google search

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
the poster above me has failed to realize that

1) takes more energy to isolate hydrogen then its potential burn energy so this likely wont work large scale
that doesn't have anything to fucking do with it, the problem is not how much electricity it takes, the problem is finding a free source of combustable fuel. And we can get free electricity from the ground so how much energy it takes is out of the equation entirely, what are you stupid?

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
simplified:

did it make fire?

then in made carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.

you're a fucking idiot

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
that doesn't have anything to fucking do with it, the problem is not how much electricity it takes, the problem is finding a free source of combustable fuel. And we can get free electricity from the ground so how much energy it takes is out of the equation entirely, what are you stupid?

have you charged a car battery before

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:50 AM
have you charged a car battery before

12 volts is not that much
the kid in that first video produced almost 1 volt of electricity just by sticking a galvanized anode and some copper wire into the ground

Now, stick a few dozen 10 foot long metal poles in the ground paired with a few dozen 10 foot long copper poles, and let your car battery charge overnight

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:51 AM
it's not impractical it's just unreasonable to expect all the fat asses in the world to go out and do a bunch of DIY shit

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
or just abandon the "water as fuel" apparatus on the vehicle entirely and just make your hydrogen gas overnight, and then hook up your hydrogen tank in the morning.
Some might say having all this hydrogen gas all over the place could be dangerous, but it really isn't any more dangerous than propane tanks or 'gas stations' where volatile gasoline is being haphazardly ejected out of a hose with people smoking nearby.

In the future, people will look back at the concept of a 'gas station' as dangerous and ridiculous

maks
05-04-2012, 10:58 AM
According to the hippies the answer is electric cars. Just plug them in and you're good to go! Nevermind that the powerplants run on oil and coal, its CLEAN RENEWABLE ENERGY michael moore told me so

maks
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
What we need is more nuclear plants but no I saw a movie once that said nuclear energy is dangerous also the japs had a problem with their 60 year old plant built in a fucking earthquake zone so clearly that's not the answer

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 11:01 AM
hammering in a 10 foot pole into the ground isnt easy you would probably need a small loader to push it down, and copper would likely mushroom

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 11:04 AM
hammering in a 10 foot pole into the ground isnt easy you would probably need a small loader to push it down, and copper would likely mushroom

if we can put vast networks of wires and cables and sewer systems laid underground, we can put a 10 foot pole in the ground

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
yes but that extends beyond do it yourself which was the scope you were aiming for

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
keep it in the context you created dog

Garfield
why dont they just put mini solar panels on light bulbs

Garfield
infinite renewable power

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
well i'm only suggesting 10 foot poles in the long run of the scheme if it were to become widespread,
as far as DIY, 3-6ft poles would be more realistic
the ground around here in northern minn/wisc is a swampy mess; sometimes its hard to not let your feet accidentally sink a foot below the ground, nevermind a pole. You could probably push a 4 ft spike into the ground with ease, and then hammer it the rest of the way down if you have to

Garfield
05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
+rep
everyone should ride fixies, Autos verboten

Garfield
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
if its yellow let it mellow

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 11:58 AM
proof plug drugs reads wiki's but not threads he makes before posting in them.

because you think the combustion of hydrogen gas produces carbon dioxide?

Garfield
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
poisonous gasses

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
you'll see.. YOU'LL ALL SEE...
i'm going to going to go get a bunch of galvanized poles and copper tubes and jam em in my back yard and hook them up to a generator or some shit then run some electricity through some water and put it into a tank somehow and i'll run my fucking car off it :angry:

Garfield
05-04-2012, 12:34 PM
angry video game nerd

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
you'll see.. YOU'LL ALL SEE...
i'm going to going to go get a bunch of galvanized poles and copper tubes and jam em in my back yard and hook them up to a generator or some shit then run some electricity through some water and put it into a tank somehow and i'll run my fucking car off it :angry:

i do have a 2ft copper pipe about 1cm diameter in my room so i am going to try this next week what does the other pipe have to be just anyhting steelish?

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
codey going out of his way for the 5th time to insist he weas just trolling about being retarded about chemistry

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
because didnt read whole thread, like i said.

yeah yeah yeah

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 12:55 PM
i do have a 2ft copper pipe about 1cm diameter in my room so i am going to try this next week what does the other pipe have to be just anyhting steelish?

the steel/iron has to be galvanized i think, or should be anyways.. if it starts to rust i don't think it'll hold a current or some shit

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 01:01 PM
and i looked into it more, a backyard setup with secondhand materials is only powerful enough to light up an LED light...
there's a whole science behind it on how to get the best voltage/amps out of 'earth batteries' as they call them; apparently they used to power the telegraph system entirely through 'earth batteries' back in the day.

if you wanted to charge a car battery, you'd probably need to have like a whole acre of copper and galvanized iron/steel poles set up with wires running everywhere, and would somehow need to figure out how to increase the amps as to actually make a dent in a car battery. I'm not an electrician; perhaps amps and volts can't simply be added together to higher values.

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
if you're looking to get 'off the grid' or something, you might be better off buying some 12v solar panels. They're relatively cheap (less than $400).

However, its nice to know that in the event of a zombie apocalypse, electricity can be harnessed in theory using scrap metal plugged into the ground.

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 01:19 PM
ok, going off my limited knowledge here.

I know copper holds a static charge, that's why copper sheeting repels slugs from hosta plants and it looks nice as a flower garden border. I also know that the earth is magnetic, and that magnets are used to create electricity. But attaining a harvestable amount of electricity from the ground seems very far fetched or not worth it, similar to the idea that yes ocean water contains gold, about 1 atom of it per million parts other shit, so not really feasable to harvest it. It would seem that MAYBE under certain curcumstances you could get a little bit, like if there was a really high concentration of copper in the ground there, but if that was the case, copper ore and its byproduct turquoise (oxidized copper) would be more profitable to harvest than the electricity.

Now, explain how i am wrong in terms my little redneck brain can digest.
do you know what ions are? How about salts? Salts are essentially paired ions (table salt for instance is the paired ions of sodium and chlorine). When salts are put in water, they become ionic again.
Ground water, because it has ions in it, has a weak electric charge. So, when you put a metal that's conductible in contact with the ground water, it will carry a weak electric current.

Now, according to at least several hundred crappy amateur youtube vids, this electric current is significant (about 1 volt of electricity can be generated out of the ground with crude scrap metal).

In theory, you could put a shitload of metal spikes in the ground all hooked up together, and have enough electricity to power small electrical devices or perhaps even a car battery. If you're a survival junkie, that should peak your interest

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Back to the copper sheeting, so what you are saying is that the copper itself is not what holds the charge, that its actually moisture content from the fresh water in the ground and the salts in the ground that are electrifying the copper and keeping the slugs off my aunts hostas. correct?
yeah

lnopia the great
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM
electricitiy is an electron moving from one atom to another

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 01:55 PM
electricitiy is an electron moving from one atom to another

squares have four sides

maks
05-04-2012, 02:00 PM
the steel/iron has to be galvanized i think, or should be anyways.. if it starts to rust i don't think it'll hold a current or some shit

you're basically talking about the world's largest and weakest potato battery

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 02:01 PM
you're basically talking about the world's largest and weakest potato battery

PuiPDBA3XZI

maks
05-04-2012, 02:04 PM
and i looked into it more, a backyard setup with secondhand materials is only powerful enough to light up an LED light...
there's a whole science behind it on how to get the best voltage/amps out of 'earth batteries' as they call them; apparently they used to power the telegraph system entirely through 'earth batteries' back in the day.

if you wanted to charge a car battery, you'd probably need to have like a whole acre of copper and galvanized iron/steel poles set up with wires running everywhere, and would somehow need to figure out how to increase the amps as to actually make a dent in a car battery. I'm not an electrician; perhaps amps and volts can't simply be added together to higher values.

if you want higher voltage you wire in series, if you want higher current you wire in parallel. also, voltage = (current * resistance), current = (voltage / resistance), power (watts) = (current * voltage)

something tells me the earth has a pretty high resistance.

maks
05-04-2012, 02:05 PM
first person to say 'wattage' or 'amperage' gets kicked in the cock. it's 'power' and 'current'. fuck you.

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 02:11 PM
well i'm going to add it to my "to do list" to set up a bunch of poles in my backyard someday and get it to charge a car battery, then use that car battery to run electricity through saltwater and get hydrogen gas and try to run my car off it, as proof of concept

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
will it be cheaper/easier than buying a gallon of gas? probably not

maks
05-04-2012, 02:21 PM
well i'm going to add it to my "to do list" to set up a bunch of poles in my backyard someday and get it to charge a car battery, then use that car battery to run electricity through saltwater and get hydrogen gas and try to run my car off it, as proof of concept

fyi the biproduct is sodium hydroxide, I don't remember exactly what was dangerous about it but it's considered one of the most dangerous industrial chemicals

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
aka lye

maks
05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
ahh. yes, that's pretty dangerous stuff.

Plug Drugs
05-04-2012, 10:58 PM
they used to make soap out of it. i have the recipe in one of my foxfire books.

you must be a bad ass

http://www.kiss925.com/files/fightclub.jpg

Gentleman Doli
05-05-2012, 12:39 AM
lol reminder that "carbon dioxid and other elemene" is not real and in fact was conjured up by late 18th century french alchemists to explain their failure to contain the bourgeoise :stare:

Gentleman Doli
05-05-2012, 12:40 AM
reminder that a cult of jewish bankers descended directtly from the sadducees of old now controls every aspect of our miserable, pathetic lives, and cody is they champion

maks
05-05-2012, 07:59 AM
a reminder that I = P/V

jon
05-05-2012, 08:23 AM
a good car battery is only 13V

maks
05-05-2012, 08:39 AM
it's a couple hundred amps though, and considering 1/10th of an amp can kill you that's a whole lot of current right there

lnopia the great
05-05-2012, 09:07 AM
lol reminder that "carbon dioxid and other elemene" is not real and in fact was conjured up by late 18th century french alchemists to explain their failure to contain the bourgeoise :stare:

lol