PDA

View Full Version : windows live mail vs mozilla thunderbird

always stevey
03-24-2014, 06:33 AM
wlm pros:

- has a option to display all unread messages from all accounts, huge pro however

wlm cons:

- no dark theme
- can't minimize to bottom right
- everything else especially no dark theme, white backgrounds are for autisms hence this forum being so bright

mt pros:

- dark theme
- found an extension to let me minimize it to the bottom right where mail clients should be checking for mail 24/7 no? why don't either of them fucking do this by default though

mt cons:

- can't just view all unread email from all my accounts, maybe there's an extension but

what I need from marks is a deluge-level suggestion, and I need dp to talk about the little mermaid I'm still not even sure why he does that maybe he's making fun of pj

always stevey
03-24-2014, 06:33 AM
if anyone else even uses an email client who posts here feel free to share what you use the more suggestions the better, this isn't something I wanna take the time to test because I don't fucking care about email ya know like the android keyboards and browsers are important, etc, but fuck email why does it even still exist

maks
03-24-2014, 06:39 AM
if you're on windows you're not going to do any better than outlook 2010 or 2013 so far as features and reliability go

always stevey
03-24-2014, 06:53 AM
it looks like the exact same thing has outlook.com and it's not free, oh my god 100 dollars a year to check my email wtf marks you're obviously suggesting I torrent it however does it have minimize to tray and themes? I thought outlook was replaced by windows live mail and if windows live mail is as plain bagel as it is how can the same developers making the same program make it not plain bagel

always stevey
03-24-2014, 06:53 AM
by any chance do they still also make the good windows movie maker or did they definitely get rid of that and replace it with the live one

maks
03-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Outlook express was replaced by windows live mail, real-deal outlook is what every business in the world uses. It does minimize to the tray, not sure about themes I never tried because idc what my software looks like. I can tell you that the only difference between 2010 and 2013 is the appearance, 2013 decolorized all the icons and everything because minimalism has been the flavor of the month since ios7 came out and microsoft can't resist any opportunity to follow apple's lead

Outlook comes with Office pro or above I'd get this one because it has a corporate key and doesn't require an activation hack
http://kickass.to/microsoft-office-proffesional-plus-2010-corporate-final-full-activated-nogrp-t7133821.html

maks
03-24-2014, 06:58 AM
by any chance do they still also make the good windows movie maker or did they definitely get rid of that and replace it with the live one

idk I've never used windows movie maker imovie is better in every way

maks
03-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Outlook express was replaced by windows live mail, real-deal outlook is what every business in the world uses. It does minimize to the tray, not sure about themes I never tried because idc what my software looks like. I can tell you that the only difference between 2010 and 2013 is the appearance, 2013 decolorized all the icons and everything because minimalism has been the flavor of the month since ios7 came out and microsoft can't resist any opportunity to follow apple's lead

Outlook comes with Office pro or above I'd get this one because it has a corporate key and doesn't require an activation hack
http://kickass.to/microsoft-office-proffesional-plus-2010-corporate-final-full-activated-nogrp-t7133821.html

though I think maybe 2013 supports windows 8's fullscreen mode so maybe you'd be better off with that

always stevey
03-24-2014, 07:07 AM
lol >implying I've seen anything metro at all in the past two years

thanks but I'll check later if it can be darkened, I don't care about what it looks like either but I care about being able to see it I can't even browse this forum without my brightness to 0 and car window tint over my screen

always stevey
03-24-2014, 07:07 AM
I've never understood how you people can like staring into a giant light bulb whose idea was it to make the screen 99% white they need to die

always stevey
03-24-2014, 07:10 AM
I've even got windowfx set to darken everything that isn't in focus even though I'm using a dark theme, basically I want everything to be so dark I forget I'm using a computer because I hate computers so much and I don't want to even have one

I would rather have no monitor but for some reason I have three

http://i.imgur.com/6x3LeJG.png
http://i.imgur.com/SZTIfgs.jpg

always stevey
03-24-2014, 07:11 AM
and deskscapes set to show the planet with real time sun adn moon position, to remind me every time I look at my computer I could be elsewhere not using acomputer, and it motivates me to turn this fucking stupid thing off

steveyos YOLO
03-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Stop trying to make all your apps/programs gay and pretty

always stevey
03-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Stop making it so your computer is setup more effeiceintally drastically cutting down on the amount of time necsearry to do things therefore drastically cutting down on the amount of time you sit at your computer

nah fuck that, you can sit at your pc all day but I like going outside

always stevey
03-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Stop making it so your computer is setup more effeiceintally drastically cutting down on the amount of time necsearry to do things therefore drastically cutting down on the amount of time you sit at your computer

nah fuck that, you can sit at your pc all day but I like going outside