PDA

View Full Version : trigger warning: Looking for fellow victims of teenage sex abuse who took action against their abusers well after the fact.

oOBatteryOo
06-11-2012, 11:21 PM
When I was 15, I "dated" my 22-year-old swim coach. He would never allow me to be seen with him in public, and I met his family and friends only on the condition that I lie and say I was 20. For a female SAP with horrible acne who was constantly teased about her looks, it seemed like the best I'd be able to do. I was deathly afraid of him leaving me, a fact he used very well to manipulate me, telling me I was unattractive, stupid, etc. He was very charming to everyone else--my parents were skeptical, but he won them over (of course he told me exactly what to tell them when they asked detailed questions about our relationship).
It took me 4 years to end the relationship, and 5 years after that to realize how fucked up it was. I wasn't the first (he seemed to like talking about other underage girls he'd had sex with) and I doubt I was the last. He loved coaching swim because it was a chance to flirt with impressionable teenage girls--I heard he hopped around various high school teams until he ended up at an all-girls' school. Classy.
When I go back to my hometown, I see he's well-respected in the local community and still up to all the activities he used to do years ago--namely, any community activity or job where he can be around teenage girls. He's also married now, with a baby girl. I don't worry for the girl, but I worry about her friends once they're all teenagers.
Needless to say this gave me impressions about men and some self-esteem issues that I'm still trying to shake, and I've been seeing a therapist and thinking about this a lot lately. I looked up the statute of limitations on these types of crimes where I live. It's up when I turn 26, which is about 2 weeks from now.
It feels like it would be wrong to do nothing while knowing he's probably fucking up other girls' lives. I want to go to the police and file charges, but the only evidence I have is a bunch of e-mails from our relationship, obviously nothing physical. I'm hoping other girls will come forward but I know I can't count on it. I would just hate to have to go through a trial and recount every awful thing I remember in front of a jury.
Is it worth filing charges so late? Is there anyone else who has done this who regrets their decision? I'm looking for someone who filed abuse/statutory/etc. charges much later and had strong feelings about it.

lnopia the great
06-11-2012, 11:52 PM
is a blind faith, a cruel waste, one bitter taste ~

~ so i know i need this sweet sensation

sex with dead people
06-12-2012, 01:00 AM
It's worth filing charges as long as you like prolonging your suffering. It's best to accept the fact you were nothing more than an easy piece of ass and that's all you will ever amount to.

boobz
06-12-2012, 03:55 AM
So what. You were fucked and used like another piece of ass. Get over it. Move on.

clay
06-12-2012, 04:01 AM
im not mad libbing another one of your shitty posts

boobz
06-12-2012, 04:36 AM
CLAYTON WILLIAM RYDER WAS ABUSED BY HIS FATHER!

there, i said it. clay told me a while back and i swore secrecy

stalker virus
06-12-2012, 07:33 AM
i hope i'm not put on some watch list for reading this :sweat:

boobz
06-12-2012, 07:36 AM
when WAS the last time you were BALLS DEEP inside some girl you shouldn't have been?

elezzzark
06-12-2012, 02:15 PM
didnt read

boobz
06-12-2012, 05:42 PM
didnt read

Your valuable input has been noted.