PDA

View Full Version : seeking ytmnsfw hick man blue collar expert advice

PROFESSIONAL WHITE SUPREMACIST
09-22-2017, 05:31 AM
Check this shit out, a tree fell on my log cabin, knocked my fuckin gutters down and fucked up a plywood roofing board on the eaves
I know I can hammer the gutter back in place and everything will look ok, but I gotta fix that fucked up board
is there any alternative to replacing that whole damn piece of plywood and re-shingling it, can I just cut the piece of shit part out, replace it with some OSB and nail it in and do like an hours worth of work and stay within code, or am I fucked and out of like 10 hours worth of work and have to redo the whole damn thing

my question to the ytmnd blue collar hick man working community is what is the best and cheapest way of fixing this piece of shit short of pulling out the old plywood and spending like 4 hours re-shingling some 4'x4' piece of shit block of wood

https://i.imgur.com/MWqYaoY.jpg

PROFESSIONAL WHITE SUPREMACIST
09-22-2017, 05:43 AM
log cabin, high life, hot tub livin
fuck u BGD and ur country club $60,000 a year BULLSHIT

maks
09-22-2017, 06:05 AM
I live in a condo, I'd just call my landlord and say 'fix this shit bro'

CAG <3
09-22-2017, 06:20 AM
thats not a log cabin thats a shed. it probably smells like yappy Chihuahuas

root ghost
09-22-2017, 08:09 AM
thats not a log cabin thats a shed. it probably smells like yappy Chihuahuas

Cag is it taco Tuesday yet

BGD INCARNATE
09-22-2017, 08:53 AM
log cabin, high life, hot tub livin
fuck u BGD and ur country club $60,000 a year BULLSHIT

60k a year is less than i make dont make that mistake again

BGD INCARNATE
09-22-2017, 08:54 AM
I live in a condo, I'd just call my landlord and say 'fix this shit bro'

same i live in a loft and would do the same thing

root ghost
09-22-2017, 10:58 AM
He lives in a loft honestly fuck your roof, BGD lives in a loft. Does a peasant like you even understand the word loft?

root ghost
09-22-2017, 11:00 AM
LOFT. L-O-F-T. That spells loft, not that your tiny brains could comprehend that anyways...

CAG <3
09-22-2017, 11:54 AM
first time i've seen two idiots arguing about whose more average than the other

Wendy <3
09-22-2017, 09:51 PM
I'd probably nigger rig it by cutting as little as you can out and cutting pressure treated plywood bigger than your roof hole then cut it little by little until it almost barely doesn't fit and hammer the end of it up into the hole. Then i'd put some waterproof roofing tar around the seams and maybe some thin roof flashing over the entire area before putting shingles on it

Or if you can access it from below do most of the same stuff only use braces on the underside that attaches to the existing roof and the new piece you're patching in and patch it from above with the waterproof tar and flashing

BGD INCARNATE
09-22-2017, 11:27 PM
first time i've seen two idiots arguing about whose more average than the other

Gosh, I have tickets to a high profile event. I am going to plan what to wear in my loft and have fun! Have fun eating mac and cheese!!!!

Desolation
09-22-2017, 11:48 PM
is that a band?

BGD INCARNATE
09-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Check this shit out, a tree fell on my log cabin, knocked my fuckin gutters down and fucked up a plywood roofing board on the eaves
I know I can hammer the gutter back in place and everything will look ok, but I gotta fix that fucked up board
is there any alternative to replacing that whole damn piece of plywood and re-shingling it, can I just cut the piece of shit part out, replace it with some OSB and nail it in and do like an hours worth of work and stay within code, or am I fucked and out of like 10 hours worth of work and have to redo the whole damn thing

my question to the ytmnd blue collar hick man working community is what is the best and cheapest way of fixing this piece of shit short of pulling out the old plywood and spending like 4 hours re-shingling some 4'x4' piece of shit block of wood

https://i.imgur.com/MWqYaoY.jpg

Won't homeowners insurance cover you to get some guy to fix this???

Cag.
09-23-2017, 07:13 AM
He probably rents. It's his landlords job to get it fixed.