View Full Version : Let's talk about parents

maks
01-27-2018, 04:39 PM
Are you close?
Are they old as shit?
What did they do for a living?
Do you like how you were raised?
Did they teach you values?
Do you have negative tendencies learned through them?
Have you thought about life without them?
Do you ask them for money?
Were you disciplined a lot? How?
Have you ever had a serious disagreement?

maks
01-27-2018, 04:39 PM
ARE YOU CLOSE:

My dad's chilled out a lot since he's gettin' up there in age so he's a bit easier to talk to. Plus, I'm sure he's scared he'll die of a heart attack if he gets too turnt up - which is funny cuz his ass NEED to be scared of these mufuckin' hands and gettin' that old dusty ass drop kicked down a flight of steps if he come at me wrong, now. I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU NO MO', DADDY!
*ahem* But yeah, never been 'close' to him in the sense of holding any real conversations, or hands, or hugging, saying "I love you", or sharin' his side bitches wit a nigga BUT he was always there financially - he'd chip in for a car, gas if I'm stuck, lawyer fee's, etc. Bailed me out of jail, once. My mom's cool. I learned she's as 2 faced as Joe Bruce as I got older but she's still great emotional support. As, as, as.

ARE THEY OLD AS SHIT:

YOU are! J/k. My folks were in their mid-20's by the time they had me so nah, they aren't too old - which is dope 'cuz some of my homies were uncles when they was still in elementary school. That shit's weird, yo. Old ass balls slappin' against your moms cunt.

WHAT DID THEY DO FOR A LIVING:

Cry in disappointment.
Dad was an Air Traffic Controller. Mom worked fast food the first few years of my life. It was fresh. I remember her bringin' home mad buckets of KFC and when she worked at McDonald's, young McHowdy got his McNugget on in the back kitchen like a McDon. She eventually quit and ran a daycare, at the crib. That was cool too 'cuz I'd dry hump the fuck out of Allison upstairs 'til I got reported - j/k, we were the same age.

DO YOU LIKE HOW YOU WERE RAISED:

"Could have been worse". lot of bones to pick but I can say my dad is responsible for most of the shittiness, so if he was out of the picture I reckon life would have been more chill. Or not. Mom could have ended up with another asshole, who makes Michael Myers masks.

DID THEY TEACH YOU VALUES:

No. My mom let me get away with pretty much anything and my dad's a selfish asshole. I mean look at me. I post pics getting my asshole ate.

DO YOU HAVE NEGATIVE TENDENCIES LEARNED THROUGH THEM:

I'm very ying-yang due to them being so opposite. I'm very sensitive yet talk the most shit. I'll fight for my friends but will also fuck their girlfriend. I'll fuck a pussy but also suck a dick. etc, etc.

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT LIFE WITHOUT THEM:

Life without my dad, yes. Always seemed doap. Probably woulda got to stay up later and cool things of that sort.

DO YOU ASK THEM FOR MONEY:

No. I demand it.

WERE YOU DISCIPLINED A LOT? HOW:

Got my toosh whooped a lot but I was mostly berated. Then again I'd probably berate my son too if he was a juggalo and hung around a buncha niggers.

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A SERIOUS DISAGREEMENT:

See above.

maks
01-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Are you close?
My dad and I get along, and maybe do something every few months. My mom's not alive.

Are they old as shit?
My dad is 61. My mom would be 59

My dad hasn't had a stable job in probably 15 years. My mom never had a job when I was growing up.

I was raised to have manners, not be a piece of shit, so yeah.

Sure

I don't drink because I saw how it affected my mom, and I don't wanna risk ending up like her. I throw away anything that I don't see myself using in the next couple years, because my dad hoards so much shit and I don't want to risk becoming like that.

I used to get panic attacks thinking about how I'd feel if they died. When I found out my mom died, it was the worst feeling in the world. I'm sure it'll be just as bad when my dad goes, but life without them will go on.

I used to as a teenager and young adult obviously, but nowadays my dad asks me.

I got the belt a few times. One time my dad sprayed me in the eyes with Raid.

My dad got a DUI late last year or earlier this year. It was a long time coming, as he was going downhill. He called me at like 2am to bail him out. I said no. He got really mad.

maks
Are you close?
Im pretty close with my parents. Have been for along fucking time. I can talk to them about anything. My folks are pretty fucking cool.

Are they old as shit?
My parents had me when they were in their teens. My dad was 18 my moms was 17,im 33 now so you do the math how old they are.

My dad used to work on cargo ships when I was born, he quit that since he was away from home most of the year and eventually became a warehouse manager for a successful company.
My mom didnt work for the first 7 years I was born but eventually she got into an office job and has been there ever since.

To be honest sometimes I wish it was different. Like I said previously my dad used to work on the boats up until I was the age of 5-6 he was never around,so I was raised by my mom.And the other father figure in my life was my Grandfather.He lived like 2mins away from us so he was around often. But anyways when my dad was around he would drink often and abuse my mom from time to time. But that stopped for good after awhile. I blame it on my dad being young and dumb...and on coke and shit. I did alot of dumb shit when I was young so I dont hold it against him anymore. I remember seeing my dad and his friends drinking one night and blasting music. I stepped out of my room and seen my dad and 2 of his friends snuffing lingos. Obviously didn't know what it was at the time.
He quite all that shit,cleaned up his act and got his warehouse manager job and was always at home. When I was in my teens they left me alone and let me become a man on my own. Which ment running the streets at 13 and getting into shit. I know at times they wish they were more strict with me. In other words it was interesting way of being raised.

Yes to be myself.

Besides drinking and smoking weed like my pops I would say no. Maybe my temper. My dad used to have a temper, me and my brother both have characteristics of that.

I have and honestly its a sad thought. They have always had my back and have been great to talk too. Plus I enjoy going to concerts with them.

No im a man. I stand on my own two.

Once in awhile but I don't really remember exactly what for.
My dad would verbally cuss at me and shit. He never ever hit me. Threatened to crush my head once though with his fist to my head.

Not really.

maks
Are you close?

My mom hates my wife because she's from another country. But she will help me if I have an emergency, even if we haven't spoke in a while. My dad will try if it's not too much of an inconvenience, or my grandma makes him.

Are they old as shit?

Nah, they were both way early 20s when I was born. They haven't hit 60 yet.

My mom was a waitress most of my life. She tried to get into the medical field in a couple different ways, but it never worked out for her. She collects disability and won't really tell anyone what qualifies her for it.

My dad...He worked various jobs when I was growing up. For the last 15 years, he's been helping out older relatives (not very well..but that's another story) and my grandma gives him a free room and a bit of spending money. Basically he's a grown ass manchild who still depends on mommy to make it.

No, my mom smoked crack and snorted coke for a number of years. Shit was fucked up. My pops dipped out early as fuck and barely came around for a long time. I lived through some shitty times.

In a way, I learned what not to do in life by watching them. I just had nobody to teach me the right way to do things, I sort of figure shit out for myself.

A temper problem, and some self esteem issues. They were both abusive and I swore I'd never act like that as a parent.

Yes. It wouldn't change much these days but I would have probably been sad as a kid.

They always ask me for money, if I say no they find a way to steal it somehow.

I was physically abused by both of them for years. After I got too big to be physically abused, my mom started playing little fucked up mental games with me. (my dad booted me in the back so I faceplanted once...because I didn't do my homework at the babysitters who was his gf and told me to just do it when I got home so I could play basketball with her son) My mom would lock the doors to the house, set the alarm and call the police on me, and then sit there and say all kinds of fucked up shit and I literally could do nothing about it.

Plenty of times.

maks
Are you close?
Super close with my mom. Not not so much with my dad anymore. The guilt I carry with me every day about that is a rather heavy burden to bear.

Are they old as shit?
My old man is turning 70 this year. Thats pretty old. My mom is still in her mid 60's. Not very old. Sick as hell though. Congestive heart failure, MS, and Cancer. Triple Whammy.

My mother was an English teacher. My father did some computer shit.

It was straight. I have a ton of brothers, so it was a tough on my parents trying to make sure we all turned out ok. And we all did, so its dope. We didnt have shit, I NEVER HAD MILK!. But growing up poor was ok, bc everybody else was poor too.

Of course they did. Right from wrong, use your brain, do your homework, a plate for two is enough for one. Shit like that.

Nah I dont think so, maybe I do but nothing that I recognize

Yeh, and it makes me sad. I've spent my entire life thinking my mom was going to die from Cancer any day at any time, and we've talked about it so much that I think I'm somewhat prepared for it. But it will still be a very shitty time for me. My dad, I'm not really sure, he's been dead to me for a while now. My brother refers to him as a Ghost Above The Grave, but I think it will probably fuck with me.

The last time I asked my mom for Money, I was in the 8th grade and needed money to go on the 8th grade trip to Kings Dominion. My family was super poor so asking for extra shit was a super big deal, especially money. The trip was 30 bucks total, plus whatever money you wanted for food and drinks and games or whatever the fuck. I had saved up 20 bucks of my own but needed the extra ten. I asked my mom for ten bucks. I went to the dollar store and bought ten dollars worth of those pixie sticks neon tubes that came a 101 in a pack for a dollar each. I had a little over 1,000 tubes. I planned to sell each one for .10 and I did. I had enough for my trip and for a slice of pizza and a coke. I came home and gave my mom $50. She cried and took me and my two brothers out for pizza. From that day forward I knew I'd never ask her for another thing, but that I would take care of her instead. Years later, I bought my mom a house and a Cadillac, just like she wanted. Fucking dope.

Not really, my parents had expectations and they were met by me and my brothers. I had all these older brothers who were constantly setting the example of excellence, so you definitely didnt want to be the one fucking up. There wasnt a whole lot of a need to discipline us.

Yeh, when I dropped out of Medical School, that was a big deal, one that I still regret. My parents told me it was a huge mistake, and it was. But whatevs.

maks
01-27-2018, 04:41 PM
Good thread Evak. Bringing up our past and shit.

maks
Also- quick update on my dad.

Two days ago my father was in a three hour standoff with the Henrico County Swat Team. He barricaded himself in his house, and blasted three holes through his front door and the living room wall with his shotgun. He was screaming that his house was under attack by ISIS and he wasnt going to let them take him alive.

Fortunately, my brother is a Henrico County Police officer and they didnt blow my fathers head off. He was subdued and taken to a mental facility for an evaluation. He is there now and will most likely be there for a while. He will also probably get held on charges for either the discharging of a firearm in an occupied dwelling or reckless handling of a firearm.

Figured I'd include that tidbit since its timely and relevant.

maks
Are you close?
I am very close with both parents, not just one. My mum and I clash a lot, but thats because I'm hard headed and stubborn as fuck.

Are they old as shit?
Yes, they had my sister when they were 21, and my sister is now 46, if that says anything.

My dad worked for the gov't, and is now retired. My mum worked for the local school for 15 years as a Paraprofessional. She loved working with special education students, and before that she ran her own daycare.

Ye, except from going to a Catholic school, lol

Yes, to not only be myself, but to work hard and always treat others how you want to be treated.

I'm stubborn like my dad, hard headed and have an awful temper.

Yes, and it makes me upset to think about.

No, but they will gladly help if it's needed.

Beat with wooden spoons, lol

Not really, no. I've never not talked to my parents, they're my backbone and I'll forever be thankful for them.

maks
01-27-2018, 04:42 PM
French Fries or Freedom Fries?

I was really close to my mother never so much with my father but I think that is a very standard dynamic in a father-son relationship on account of the father wanting the best for you. We've had ups and downs and I don't have any tolerance left for his short fuse which actually seems to have worked well for both of us. Great guy with some flaws like anybody else.

I'm going to say sixty, yes sixty. Sometimes I seriously forget my own age and have to do the maths.

Mum was a cook for the majority of my life. Dad is still working for the same company he started working for as an apprentice. Been there for over forty years now just changing jobs within the organisation.

Love the way I was raised, for the most part. Great childhood.

I'd say they taught me values through life experiences rather than instilling them verbally but a lot of my morals probably come from them to an extent...I guess, maybe.

Maybe those that other may see as negative, not I.

Life without mum is hard, I think about her most days and on the days I don't I feel like a cunt when I consider it. I think about dads mortality sometimes but it is pointless to dwell upon. Makes me want to spend more time with him and ask him stuff I regret never finding out about mum. I seen how he handled his parents death and I see a lot of similarities in myself.

Dad will bail me out financially when shit hits the fan if he can afford to do so at the time, always has but it is a very rare circumstance nowadays. He saved me a few times over the years though when I seriously needed it and I'm very grateful.

I was disciplined but never abused and only when it was warranted.

Can't ever remember having a fight with mum over anything that wasn't trivial. Had my fair share of big disagreements with dad in adulthood.

Wendy <3
01-27-2018, 10:30 PM
I had sex with both of mine but not at the same time cuz that's gross

Dirty Harry
01-27-2018, 10:42 PM
I had sex with both of mine but not at the same time cuz that's gross
I know you are lying because that what you do here.