PDA

View Full Version : https://www.reddit.com/r/gout

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Many years ago I was very overweight (over 300lbs at 6'). Gout was horrible, and painful. Very painful. Over a few years I lost the weight and got "fit", during weight loss you end up suffering more gout attacks because the fat cells hold uric acid, but once the majority of weight was gone I have not had a single gout attack in over 3 years.

Sometimes my foot will feel a bit crampy still, and I still do a warm foot soak as prevention if that ever happens. But otherwise I have been gout free for many years now.

I just felt it was worth gently reminding that information to anyone here. There are many reasons to be a healthy weight, but if you are obese, and are getting gout, there might not be a better reason. Gout effing hurt

Wendy
05-19-2018, 01:16 PM
i take massive shits in my diaper cause i can't get outa bed

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 06:52 PM
can an admin get the ip of whoever made this post I wanna know who is dumb enough to think I would post like that lol

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 06:53 PM
also I really should get a sex change I'm more googled than any forum female lmao

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 06:55 PM
had my first ever Gout attack about 6 weeks ago. It hurt.

Recently I happened watched the Netflix doco "The Magic Pill" 'cos my wife has gone low-carb as the latest fad diet. The film claims that fat has been wrongly identified as the cause of diet-related health problems, and the real bad guy was sugar and carbs. In the film they go on to claim that cutting out processed carbs cures diabetes and autism among other things (pretty much everything short of decapitation).

I thought that was probably mostly bullshit but it did get me thinking.

There's no real doubt in my mind that sugar and highly processed carb-based food is very bad for you, and that eating whole foods (ie. as much as possible in their natural state) has got to be dramatically better. And one part of the film that did make sense to me was that fat probably isn't as bad for you as we've been taught since it has been a vital part of our diet since we climbed down from the trees.

In other words I thought the film probably correct but wildly exaggerating the beneficial results. So I decided to give it a go and two weeks ago I cut carbs out of my diet. I have not stopped eating red meat or seafood, or (organic) cheese and butter. I have limited my alcohol intake but still have the odd glass of red wine/ low-carb beer.

...and now I'm having a gout attack (ow!). It's tempting to say "well that didn't work" and go back to normal but in the interests of science (and because I've lost 8 pounds) I am going to stick with it and see what happens.

I'm not sure what to expect. The literature, overall, seems to suggest this won't work but I'll let you know how I get on.

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 06:57 PM
you better fucking stop it bgd everybody knows I use names other than steveyos on the internet I'm a very private person and only use my name here! fuck you!

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 06:58 PM
I also use grammer at other sites this is the only site I type like this not literally everwhere

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 06:58 PM
you got me good man, you or should I say, you gout me good man, now I have to order dominos to get over this. fuck you cocksucker.

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 07:05 PM
oh gino's is open until 10 so

Traditional Thin - Build Your Own
10" Small +Well Done +Extra Sauce +Bacon
$9.49
– $3.49 (36.8%)
$6.00
Traditional Thin - Build Your Own
10" Small +Well Done +Extra Sauce +Chicken Tender

fuck you dude hope you sleep good tonight jerk