PDA

View Full Version : maingrid vs simgrid openlife, in this thread, we take the deep dive into the world of virtual doll houses

m0nde
01-12-2019, 12:30 PM
let's define our terms. What IS the maingrid and how does it relate to the opensim simlife virtuasim osgrid?
The maingrid is a part of the opensim. The opensims relationship to the maingrid is one to many. There can be multiple grids in the sim, but it is all obevsimgrid, oprnsllife. Get it?
Ok, let's move on to the prims and the boxprimes. Prims are basic shapes, like cubes or cones. Boxprimes are prims that are the most important box shaped prims. They are primes.

Now that we have the basics out of the way, we can discuss a simple test case, where we will build a cage in a boxprimes openworld (lifesim) called stefv.jokesquad

We first need to run the os.mgrid command and create stefv.jokessquad

os.grid -create stefv.jokessquad -uname stefv -pass stefvscage

Now, well initialize our opensim and enter the maingrid using the sperg.out command (not to be confused with the sperg.gout command)

sperg.out -init -gridname stefv.jokessquad -uname stefv -pass stefvscage

we will be smart and keep the command line open whole we do the next few steps because only losers use the GUI

os.grid -setgoutlevel 0 -cout "let's make one thing clear, I don't have gout"

os.grid -boxprime.create dollhouse.new "stefv's cage"

Now we're ready to enter the maingrid. Isn't this exciting?

os.grid -login stefv.jokessquad -coords.named dollhouse.new
You'll be prompted for your login and password and you will find yourself next to a box of default size (1x1 boxgrid units)

In our next installment we'll explore inviting people to our boxsim simlife and getting ourselves wound up over meeting g a girl who will speak to us

I hope you enjoyed this little intro

Unregistered
01-12-2019, 01:41 PM
no browns

Lexus Persona
01-12-2019, 01:53 PM
That was great TY for the information

I love to learn

m0nde
01-12-2019, 02:18 PM
That was great TY for the information

I love to learnI'm learning about sperging out on the maingrid, myself. This is all new to me, too

m0nde
01-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Here's how to export from simlife intonopengrid mainlifesim (openworld)

https://youtu.be/PM_fvt-M-e8

Unregistered
01-12-2019, 03:32 PM
awesome

m0nde
01-13-2019, 01:44 AM
using the os.grid grid.terrain function you can export terrain from simlife into opensim virtuabox mainlife (gridsim)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3dZiXZigl8

m0nde
06-14-2021, 03:59 AM
bumping this thread +1 for reference in the new vrgrid mainlife simworld