PDA

View Full Version : ego death

Plug Drugs
07-10-2012, 08:48 AM
i struggle a lot with dealing with people who are immoral and lie/cheat/steal, but if existence is all in my head and i created everything, then didn't I create those people who are immoral?

do we need to an invent an enemy in order to motivate ourselves?

My friend was once a very cocky jerk who was full of himself; but half a year ago, he moved out to north dakota to get a job and was living out of his car... But one night, his car battery ended up dying and he was stuck in the middle of no where. It was winter, and his phone had 10% battery life left with no charger. He didn't know anyone up there - shit was getting real to say the least.

So he started texting me, asking me what the fuck he should do. He admitted he was crying - and this was coming from one of the biggest bad asses I know, it shocked me. I told him that at 5% battery life he better just call the cops if he didn't figure out something by then.

Eventually, someone drove by him on the dirt road after a few hours and gave him a ride back to town, and his dad wired him some money to come back home. He told me on his way back home that he never realized how important other people were until then. In fact, other people were all that mattered. Even if he stuck it out and started making decent money up in North Dakota, what would be the point? He didn't know anybody up there; all his friends and family were back here; and to top it off, the girl to guy ratio in North Dakota is absolutely pathetic.

But his new-found sense of humility didn't last forever. He went straight back to being a tough badass - although he started acting a little nicer for a while, it didn't last very long. The point being, our social persona and our ego simply become whatever they have to be to benefit us the most.
When do we actually give a shit about other people? How do we change? Why isn't love enough?

maks
07-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Veil of virtue hung to hide your real method

Plug Drugs
07-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Do you ever meet people who you only talk to occasionally, and they insinuate that you don't talk to them enough, but as soon as you try talking to them more out of no where, for the sake of a social experiment, they suddenly try to switch roles and pretend that their some dickhead who's too good to be talking to you?

Do people only want what they can't have? --- God Damnit, I thought these were life-lessons that everyone learned when they were a fucking teenager: You don't want something just because you can't have it.
Maybe those people need to try drugs; maybe that's why they act like a little kid who still hasn't learned his lesson, they haven't opened up their head yet

Whenever I try giving adderall or opiates to drug naive individuals, they "can't really feel the effects", even though I can look at them and literally see all the effects of the drug hitting them. Are some people just idiots? They don't think its the drug making them feel the way they're feeling, they think its them acting like that? Don't they realize they just took a potent psychoactive? Maybe drugs just aren't for some people; they don't know what it's all about.

Plug Drugs
07-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Hitler realized that the human being needed an enemy to hate in order to motivate itself. Hitler was the Original Gangsta methamphetamine addict, he became paranoid -- his mind discovered knowledge that was sacred and he exploited it to brainwash a nation of people.

He blamed the Jews, the weak, and the nations that left Germany in ruin after the first world war; and people ate it up - they invented an enemy in their mind, and it motivated them.

One thing he proved though is that you can never underestimate what a group of motivated individuals is capable of: Germany went from a broken nation to a world superpower again in just 14 years after World War 1
It's almost terrifying that a nation in the western civilized world could transform into something like that; it makes me believe that things like sorcery and magic do exist. Hitler practiced the occult, and hypnotized millions of people. Think of all the stock footage there is of Hitler's little rallies; he was this booming presence that took over the minds of everyone listening - why? We look at it now and find it terrifying - the pinnacle of evil

Plug Drugs
07-10-2012, 10:47 AM
another thing it proves is that the economic state of a nation is just a reflection of that nation's population's shared paradigm

lnopia the great
07-10-2012, 03:27 PM
was jesus black or white or an arab we will never know