PDA

View Full Version : a clarification

m0nde
09-06-2019, 08:03 PM
I thought I should explain

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reveal_(narrative)

Reveal (narrative)

The reveal (also known as the big rrveal) is a plot device in narrative structure, and is the exposure to the reader or audience of a previously unseen key character or element of plot or of the performance.

A reveal is different from Aristotle's anagnorisis, in which something is revealed to a character rather than to the audience.

Narrative
The reveal may result in a plot twist, and could be the key plot turn or unexpected coda in the story – in the mystery genre, for example. It may have scenes in the future that reveal consequences of actions to provide a lead for what will occur in the plot or side plot, this may be the overarching plot line in mystery or soap opera. It may also be used as a device (particularly in the climax) in stage magic by an illusionist or escape artist.

Stage magic
In a magician's act, "the reveal" may refer to the normal culmination of a trick, the unexpected (to the audience) culmination of the trick, or an explanation of the trick – which itself may be immediately eclipsed by a version of the trick that the first reveal can't explain.

Film
Reveal is also used for two distinct cinematographic techniques:

A slow, theatrically presented image of an important character or item not seen previously in the film;
A close-up, wide shot, or other unusual camera point-of-view that shows the audience an important visual clue not known to characters in the same scene.
In the sense of first-time showing of a character, a reveal is similar to, but usually not same as, the opening shot or Establishing shot that gives the location or context of a new scene.

References
Clark, James L. (2012). "Performing the Corkscrew". Mind Magic and Mentalism for Dummies. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
Stub icon This literature-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
Stub icon This article related to film or motion picture terminology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

m0nde
09-06-2019, 08:04 PM
I hope that helps

juji
09-06-2019, 09:46 PM
You mean synopsis