PDA

View Full Version : Will DRUMPF cries when he can't have wall?

VoteSanders
09-26-2019, 05:13 AM
The Senate has voted 54-41 to terminate President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the southern border and to stop the diversion of military funds to pay for a wall along the border.

Communist News
09-26-2019, 05:15 AM
False report faggot

Lina Goldberg
09-26-2019, 05:54 AM
Someone doesn't know about the veto proof supermajority lol

Lina Goldberg
09-26-2019, 05:56 AM
Prolly a fruit bowl Canadian posted this

Unregistered
09-26-2019, 06:08 AM
This is Republican kabuki theater. They're doing this as posturing for their re-election campaigns, but note that this is not enough votes to overturn a veto. That's the point: they don't have enough to overturn a veto, and thus this is toothless and pointless and does nothing except give Republicans a "BUT I VOTED AGAINST THE PRESIDENT ONCE RIGHT HERE" to trot out on the campaign trail. They're trying to convince people who don't pay attention that they're totally not craven little shits, when in fact they know damn well their sole motivation in life is to be the one who gets to eat Dear Leader's ass today.

It's a show vote. It's not indicative of any tidal shift. It's just "well we have to do SOMETHING, but also NOTHING". They can tell that public opinion is against them, but their base is a pack of rabid wolverines who will devour anyone who so much as thinks about stepping out of line with HE OF THE LARGE HANDS.

This is entirely meaningless. The GOP is still complicit, still spineless, and still very much in Trump's corner. Maybe that will change in the future, but right now it absolutely has not.

maks
09-26-2019, 06:19 AM
clay please make me an admin so I can start deleting political threads

come on to the Lord
09-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Delete yourself Ginger

Unregistered
09-26-2019, 09:33 AM
clay please make me an admin so I can start deleting political threads