PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dashlane users, On August 5th, it was reported that a Russian hacker group, dubbed CyberVor by Hold Secuirty, has amassed

steveyos YOLO
08-09-2014, 01:01 AM
Dear Dashlane users,

On August 5th, it was reported that a Russian hacker group, dubbed CyberVor by Hold Secuirty, has amassed over 4.5 billion stolen personal records. Usernames and passwords from over 420,000 websites are among the stolen data, and it's reported that half a billion of those records are said to be unique email addresses.

Massive data breaches like this are alarming, and so we want to reassure you:
• Your Dashlane accounts remain safe.
• Your Master Passwords are never transmitted.
• Your data is always ciphered locally using AES-256 encryption, even when transmitted.
At this time, there is no available list of sites that were breached. Some of the breached sites may still be vulnerable. In this situation, our advice is as follows:
• Make sure you're not reusing passwords anywhere – especially your Master Password, which should always be unique to Dashlane.
• To be on the safe side, reset passwords for the accounts that are most important to you (email, financial, e-commerce sites that have your payment info, accounts that are personal to you).
• Enable 2-factor authentication wherever possible.
Resetting passwords on sites that are still vulnerable will not secure that account from another breach on the website's side. Since it's unknown which sites are still vulnerable as of now, it's better to play it safe and update your passwords.

We'll continue to follow this story and update you as more information becomes available. You can also visit the Dashlane Threat Center or our blog for more information.

We're glad that you've chosen to secure your passwords in Dashlane. We hope that you'll share your solution with others, as there's no time like the present to start using a password manager.

Stay safe!

-The Dashlane Team

Garfield
08-09-2014, 01:10 AM
i dont know anything about computers because they are gay

timmy
08-09-2014, 02:51 AM
i hope this means that stevey is locked out of all his online accounts and can no longer send me messages on steam

steveyos YOLO
08-09-2014, 08:38 AM
It means he's safe and you're not actually lol

timmy
08-09-2014, 08:58 AM
oh i didnt actually read that i skimmed the first line and thought dashlane was compromised.
what a shame.
just use symbols in your passwords if youre that paranoid like x#1ywbxy% two symbols means no fucking nigger anywhewre will crack it with a dictionary attack they will need like a billion dollars of computer hardware to brutally force your passwords anus open

steveyos YOLO
08-09-2014, 12:18 PM
They have your passwords

juji
08-09-2014, 12:47 PM
I never used Dashlane, I knew they could take my pass, what a fucking dumb.

Autistic Spectrum
08-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Jhiad josh did not use dashlane and a goutmaster stole his rubynet accoutn

steveyos YOLO
08-09-2014, 06:33 PM
elz learn enghsh