11-07-2012, 02:10 AM
They're trying to prevent another columbine

or another batman movie theater massacre. damn colorado you cray

Camoron
11-07-2012, 02:29 AM
still illegal at the federal level so it doesnt rly matter

Camoron
11-07-2012, 02:29 AM
im more surprised that oregon didnt pass it i thought they were a huge stoner state

boobz
11-07-2012, 05:46 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md3kr5lJug1qjw268o1_400.gif

This gif is basically a brief flashing insight into the life of steve yelle. Fractured and abused, unhealthy and poor. A musty basement in a broken home. ~RIP~ brave soldier.

jon
11-07-2012, 06:27 AM
still illegal at the federal level so it doesnt rly matter

uh yes it does matter this is a huge win for interposition and the 10th amendment

the states are the reason there is a federal government at all, not the other way around

jon
11-07-2012, 06:33 AM
there are several great news laws that will now take effect

in OK, a shall-issue state, open carry is now completely legal. essentially anyone who is not a felon may get a CHL, which the state is required to issue, buy a gun, and wear it openly on his or her hip

in WA and CO marijuana is legal but there are already market interventions packaged with the law to allow for them to continue arresting traffickers. this will allow both states to compare the federal matching funds for DEA support against the taxes collected on marijuana sales and then decide how to fleece more money from you (lol, democrats)

in MD, WA and somewhere else nobody cares about that is adjacent to canada, same-sex marriages will become legal, so fags will emigrate en masse from states where they are by and large unwelcome. i don't think that could possibly get any better

worst outcome of the evening: elizabeth warren is now a senator. this is an abject tragedy, even though scott brown deserved to get booted

comedy option: angus king won in maine

steveyos
11-07-2012, 06:33 AM
it's always legal wherever I'm standing, they'll never take that away from all of us

jon
11-07-2012, 06:53 AM
funny how welfare babies don't also concede that point on body armor, machine guns, assault rifles, grenades, rockets, antipersonnel mines, and other small arms, which do actually function in defense of themselves

oh wait

does marijuana have like night sights or pistol grips or 30-round magazines in it or something like that

i dont know bro you gotta tell me i dont know much about the weeds

Desolation
11-07-2012, 07:30 AM

Desolation
11-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Shoutout to cberry and hiroshima.. colorado fam.

swagull
11-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Shoutout to cberry and hiroshima.. colorado fam.

they already high as fuck

blumpkin blownuts
11-07-2012, 12:59 PM
uh yes it does matter this is a huge win for interposition and the 10th amendment

the states are the reason there is a federal government at all, not the other way around

this^

maks
11-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but with 4 more years of Obama he has a good chance of appointing a new supreme court justice and turning it liberal for the first time in like 30 or 40 years, I'm betting he's going to choose someone who shares his belief in unlimited power for the federal government

lnopia the great
11-07-2012, 01:35 PM
smoke weed everyday

steveyos
11-07-2012, 01:46 PM
cberry is praxricially straight edge lol he's such a damn nerd but he's my nigga though really I'm more his nigga

Garfield
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
think of the wildlife! all those bunnys and deers are going to get killed because of al the pot farmingand the ecosystem is going to melt all theice on the mountains because of all theweed smoke ad no more skiing and snowskatboarding and commerce will drop so obama will team up with meat ramney and stop the pot dealers right in there tracks

steveyos
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm smoking weed right now

steveyos
11-07-2012, 07:04 PM
over four months high every day

losing weight and getting healthy the whole time

no alcohol no cocaine no meth no none of that

yup weed is bad

Camoron
11-08-2012, 01:07 AM

how is it a win? a state can say something is legal under their own laws but that doesnt make it legal under federal law, and the federal government still ahs the jurisdiction to enforce federal law which is that marijuana is a schedule 1 substance and is illegal to distribute even for medicinal purpose (Gonzales v Raich, 2005) which is why the feds shut down/have threatened to shut down many medicinal marijuana dispensaries

dcent
11-08-2012, 01:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM2AOaFS2wI

have a little fucknig self respect.

maks
11-08-2012, 01:10 AM
how is it a win? a state can say something is legal under their own laws but that doesnt make it legal under federal law, and the federal government still ahs the jurisdiction to enforce federal law which is that marijuana is a schedule 1 substance and is illegal to distribute. Gonzales v Raich, 2005

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

The only reason they can ban drugs federally is because they come up with creative ways to interpret (read: destroy the spirit of) the commerce clause

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
11-08-2012, 01:11 AM
I <3 weed

dcent
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

The only reason they can ban drugs federally is because they come up with creative ways to interpret (read: destroy the spirit of) the commerce clause

fuck you hippy.

look forward to dying in poverty.

skrizach
Well the win is probably in the fact that the federal government has a markedly smaller presence than state, county, and local law enforcement agents.
I assumed there will be many fewer drug busts against personal users and personnel, funds, and time will be able to be more properly managed to focus on large scale, illegal operations, such as foreign cartels.

dcent
11-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Well the win is probably in the fact that the federal government has a markedly smaller presence than state, county, and local law enforcement agents.
I assumed there will be many fewer drug busts against personal users and personnel, funds, and time will be able to be more properly managed to focus on large scale, illegal operations, such as foreign cartels.

jesus christ guy, you actually are retarded arent you?

for real....... the whole thing is that they decriminalized personal use......... and at LEAST use proper grammar if you are trying to sound like a fucking intellectual drug addict...... right now you just come off as a fucking shaved monkey mashing a keyboard.

maks
11-08-2012, 01:14 AM

Fact is the more they infringe on state's rights the more the states will fight back, and eventually the federal government is going to lose. Decriminalization is going to sweep the country in the next few years, I'm betting by 2016 there will be no less than 10 other states following CO and WA's lead

dcent
11-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Im betting that within the next 4 years, the fucking lazy cunt potheads are going to forget to vote and it will be re criminalized.

Camoron
11-08-2012, 01:18 AM

there is no spirit of the constitution or of any of the amendments to it. it is an intentionally vague, living document that has been challenged and interpreted differently for as long as its been in use. the founding fathers were not this idealistic group of guys that agreed on everything and they certainly never agreed on what the balance of power and autonomy between the federal government and the individual states should be.

Camoron
11-08-2012, 01:20 AM
jesus christ guy, you actually are retarded arent you?

for real....... the whole thing is that they decriminalized personal use......... and at LEAST use proper grammar if you are trying to sound like a fucking intellectual drug addict...... right now you just come off as a fucking shaved monkey mashing a keyboard.

they didnt decriminalize it they legalized it completely

maks
11-08-2012, 01:22 AM
there is no spirit of the constitution or of any of the amendments to it. it is a living document that has been challenged and interpreted differently for as long as its been in use. the founding fathers were not this idealistic group of guys that agreed on everything and they certainly never agreed on what the balance of power and autonomy between the federal government and the individual states should be.

What a crock of shit. The constitution is a living document in that it can be amended. However, words mean stuff, you can't just reinterpret them to mean what you want them to mean. If the framers of the constitution had intended to give the federal government the power to ban drugs they would not have phrased it "Congress shall have Power to regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes". "Interpretation" is just a dishonest and immoral shortcut around the amendment process.

Camoron
11-08-2012, 01:24 AM
What a crock of shit. The constitution is a living document in that it can be amended. However, words mean stuff, you can't just reinterpret them to mean what you want them to mean. If the framers of the constitution had intended to give the federal government the power to ban drugs they would not have phrased it "Congress shall have Power to regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes". "Interpretation" is just a dishonest and immoral shortcut around the amendment process.
tell that to george washington and alexander hamilton. implied powers, general welfare clause, necessary and proper clause, etc.

maks
11-08-2012, 01:26 AM
tell that to george washington and alexander hamilton. implied powers, general welfare clause, necessary and proper clause, etc.

unfortunately they're dead so I'll have to stick to calling Obama a stupid cocksucker on the internet

Camoron
11-08-2012, 01:40 AM
maybe you can tell John Adams who helped write the constitution that he interpreted it wrong when he signed into law the alien and sedition acts (which Thomas Jefferson repealed, but not before using it to prosecute some of his own critics lmao)

maks
11-08-2012, 01:47 AM
maybe you can tell John Adams who helped write the constitution that he interpreted it wrong when he signed into law the alien and sedition acts (which Thomas Jefferson repealed, but not before using it to prosecute some of his own critics lmao)

There was nothing unconstitutional about the alien act, as for the sedition act that violated the fuck out of the first amendment and started the precedent of our leaders ignoring the law whenever it's convenient for them. just because it's been going on forever doesn't make it right, and it's our job to try and prevent it.

Camoron
11-08-2012, 01:52 AM
yes the sedition act is the specific one I meant, but I was referring to it as the Alien and Sedition Acts because that is what the 4 bills passed at the same time are collectively known as

Lexi Persimmons
11-08-2012, 01:54 AM
oh jesus cam. stfu. i know you voted for that nigger. fuck all you black commie bastards.

Camoron
11-08-2012, 02:12 AM
:yawn: