PDA

View Full Version : haha I nearly majored in philosophy too, was going to be philosophy and drama but then actually thought that was

blumpkin blownuts
11-11-2012, 09:10 AM
the most useless thing I could do so that I better major in history instead.... I did lots of subjects, those were just my majors... because I kind just went along and picked the ones I liked the most... I chopped and changed subjects quite a lot, did psychology, literature, writing at work, philososphy, drama, history

and then a couple of years later I went and did the post graduate diploma for education, that is normally a 2 year diploma, you already need to have a degree but I did it in intensive mode, so double time to get it done in one year you can choose to do it like that or over the two years if you have other commitments, but you need to have either a degree or 10 years professional experience in a feild before doing that

otherwise you need to do a 5 year degree in various subjects and as well as the teaching part, it's basically like doing a degree and the teaching part together over 5 years instead of having experience or a degree first and then doing the teaching part, like I did my teaching diplmoa with all kinds of people, not just snot faces straight into uni, there were vets, doctors, people from overseas (because australia's qualifications are quite high) come just do the the diploma here, scientists... just lots of different kinds of people and different ages

There's actually something to be said for the ones who get life experience before doing the teaching part

there is a big gap in australia between the teachers though... there is a lot of old ones ready to retire... a sparse ammount in between and a whole lot of new young teachers... but not as many in between those ages... so very soon the last of the old boon of teachers is going to retire, then there is a gap in experience and there is just a lot of young teachers... so a lot of actually experienced teachers, that can mentor other new inexperienced teachers, are leaving and then a small spattering of teachers and then a lot of new ones in their 20's, it's all because of when funding has been put towards training teachers in the past, there is just a gap where there wasn't much funding and so there are not a lot of actually experienced teachers in that age group, well not enough anyway, and the teaching experience is different to life experience, so that gap in experienced teachers is just there... I only taught for 2 years before I moved here and went on hiatus.... might go back to it in time, don't know at the moment

http://i.imgur.com/I2p12.jpg

F4
11-11-2012, 09:29 AM
you can tell that a lot of the posters here majored in drama

steveyos
11-11-2012, 09:50 AM
you can tell that a lot of the posters here majored in drama

Plug Drugs
11-11-2012, 11:41 AM
i am a major druggy