Autistic Spectrum
02-01-2015, 10:30 PM
uber is super shady

TheLizardWhisperer
02-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Nah they cool. Way safer than a normal taxi

Autistic Spectrum
02-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Kalanick received a letter, dated November 19, 2014, from Senator Al Franken, Chairman of the United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law, over user privacy. In addition to a list of 10 questions, Franken stated that the company had a "troubling disregard for customer privacy" and that he was "especially troubled because there appears to be evidence of practices inconsistent with the policy [Uber spokesperson] Ms. Hourajian articulated" and that "it appears that on prior occasions your company [Uber] has condoned use of customers’ data for questionable purposes". Franken concluded his letter by asking for a response by December 15, 2014.[152]

Concerns have been raised about internal misuse of the company's data, in particular the ability of Uber staff to track the movements of its customers, known as "God Mode". In addition to the aforementioned use of the service to track journalists and politicians, a venture capitalist disclosed in 2011 that Uber staff were using the function recreationally and viewed being tracked by Uber as a positive reflection on the subject's character.[153] An individual who had interviewed for a job at Uber said that he was given unrestricted access to Uber's customer tracking function as part of the interview process, and that he retained that access for several hours after the interview ended.[154]

Autistic Spectrum
02-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Threatening journalists[edit]
At a private dinner in November 2014, Emil Michael, senior vice president of Uber, suggested that Uber hire a team of opposition researchers and journalists, with a million-dollar budget, to dig into the personal lives and backgrounds of media figures who reported negatively about Uber. Specifically, he targeted Sarah Lacy, editor of the technology website PandoDaily, who has accused Uber of sexism and misogyny.[147] The controversy made national news and stirred criticism against Uber. "The comments, reportedly made by senior vice president for business Emil Michael at a New York dinner attended by BuzzFeed editor-in-chief Ben Smith," wrote a Washington Post columnist, "ignited a powder keg of criticism about a company already perceived as cut-throat — landing Uber on the front pages of The Washington Post, USA Today and the New York Times."[148]

Michael issued a public apology.[149] Later, he sent an email to Lacy: "I was at an event and was venting, but what I said was never intended to describe actions that would ever be undertaken by me or my company toward you or anyone else. I was definitively wrong and I feel terrible about any distress I have caused you."[150]

Speaking with the Australian media publication The Conversation on November 20, 2014, European PR agency FINN partner Raf Weverbergh said that Uber does not realize exactly how upset journalists are in the wake of the Michael incident. On the same date, the publication reported that more journalists deleted their Uber apps. Uber's Brisbane spokesperson stated that journalists will not be investigated by the company in the Australian state of Queensland, in light of the legislative difficulties that were occurring at the time.[151]

TheLizardWhisperer
02-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Paste Wikipedia on fjs and see what happens fucker

Autistic Spectrum
02-01-2015, 11:00 PM
there bad and do bad things with your data, they make fake ride pick ups other services durning peak hours, ugh don't use uber

TheLizardWhisperer
02-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Why? If it's cheaper than a taxi who cares.

Autistic Spectrum
02-01-2015, 11:05 PM
use lyft

TheLizardWhisperer
02-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Idk what that is anyway I have a car and a license and don't use taxis lmao

jon
02-02-2015, 07:22 AM
lyft is better than uber but both models are better than taxis and taxi driver unions