PDA

View Full Version : i have a mac, why does no one hate me?

juji
12-19-2012, 11:22 PM
i'm curious

Lisa Claus
12-19-2012, 11:46 PM
would you like a big adoration speech?

maks
12-19-2012, 11:50 PM
they're just jealous

Lisa Claus
12-20-2012, 12:08 AM
they're just jealous

^ this true for the other half

juji
12-20-2012, 12:10 AM
they're just jealous

Oh yes, it makes sense.

Anyways, i'm looking a crossplatform USB wireless gamepad for Mac and use Steam Big Picture

juji
12-20-2012, 12:12 AM
I have a PS style controller but it won't work and i didn't knew it uses DirectInput (API Hardware from Microsoft), so i'm pissed off

steveyos
12-20-2012, 04:46 AM
I use a wired xbox 360 controller works great

juji
12-20-2012, 04:51 AM
I have wireless xbox 360 controller, i don't know if it works for computers, i guess they offer USB adapter

steveyos
12-20-2012, 04:54 AM
you can with pc but I'm not sure about mac yet they like to make sure they're really outdated so maybe they'll patent and introduced it in 2018

juji
12-20-2012, 05:00 AM
mac and linux require a driver to get working with xbox 360 controller

steveyos
12-20-2012, 05:09 AM
looks like windows wins again

juji
12-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Xbox 360 is part of Microsoft, most modern off-brand USB controllers work with Linux and mac

steveyos
12-20-2012, 05:15 AM
yeah but the 360 controller is the best and games are fully designed to work with it

it's just stupid to be on a mac for any reason, but for gaming? ya gotta be dumb

juji
12-20-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm not saying about gaming, it's awesome and most advanced operative system that i don't need an anti-virus software, it's very stable and faster than windows, also it runs 3D AAA games without a GPU card

steveyos
12-20-2012, 05:20 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh my goodness

juji
12-20-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm not joking, it's the reality, you can go to Apple store and install a game to try, there are Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Starcraft 2, etc. for Mac

juji
12-20-2012, 05:28 AM
http://www.macgamerhq.com/why-gaming-on-a-mac/

Plug Drugs
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
macs suck

Plug Drugs
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
fuckintosh

Plug Drugs
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
if you tried using a mac back in the early 00s and got to see for yourself what a fucking nightmare it was, you'd understand that I can never forgive apple for their bullshit..
They should leave computer making to the big boys and take their "user friendly BS" stunts to the circus

boobz
12-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I use a wired xbox 360 controller works great

"works great" - steveyos 2010 talking about his new samseng evo tech iii droid V. He subsequently threw it in the bin.

"i have gout" - steveyos 2009

blumpkin blownuts
12-20-2012, 04:17 PM
fanboyism is passé
except for amd

maks
12-20-2012, 04:32 PM
if you tried using a mac back in the early 00s and got to see for yourself what a fucking nightmare it was, you'd understand that I can never forgive apple for their bullshit..
They should leave computer making to the big boys and take their "user friendly BS" stunts to the circus

yes leave computer making to the big boys

what? apple is the biggest pc manufacturer in the world? they can buy and sell dell several times over? oh, ok.

maks
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
I usually try to +rep plug drugs, I'm on a mission to keep him green despite his self destructive habit of defending clump but I just can't when he's talking out his ass again like this.

juji
12-20-2012, 06:36 PM
"works great" - steveyos 2010 talking about his new samseng evo tech iii droid V. He subsequently threw it in the bin.

"i have gout" - steveyos 2009

Can we make friends while we make fun of steveyos?

juji
12-21-2012, 12:20 PM

yeah, i had horrible experiences with Windows 98 and XP in the 00s

i don't use macs for my life, just for work

Plug Drugs
12-21-2012, 12:38 PM
I usually try to +rep plug drugs, I'm on a mission to keep him green despite his self destructive habit of defending clump but I just can't when he's talking out his ass again like this.

honestly though, Macs may be "okay" right now (i still hate the interface, but as functioning computers they are tolerable), but back in the early 00s, they were broken machines.. they couldnt even compare to others comps

juji
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
honestly though, Macs may be "okay" right now (i still hate the interface, but as functioning computers they are tolerable), but back in the early 00s, they were broken machines.. they couldnt even compare to others comps

Did you mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Public_Beta ?

maks
12-21-2012, 04:32 PM
yeah, i had horrible experiences with Windows 98 and XP in the 00s

This is an excellent point, anyone who remembers XP fondly obviously never used it before sp1

The interface is almost identical to windows 7, just admit you hate it for the sake of hating it. and, like juji pointed out, yur options in 2000 were shit or shit lite.

Plug Drugs
12-22-2012, 01:09 AM
well, one of the highschools i went to had a computer lab full of macs that apple gave the school (at a discounted price or something) as like a promotional thing to try and hook kids on macintosh while they were young (tobacco company business strategy imo)

They crashed all the time.. sometimes students would be in the middle of typing a 5 page essay and it would just crash and they'd lose it all. Even saving your document constantly, crashing would still make you lose paragraphs and having to spend 5-10 minutes rebooting the machine and this would usually break your train of thought, and the time wasted would cause you have to stay after school just to finish

some of the computers wouldn't print... the printers worked fine for some of the macs in the lab, but some macs just tarded out and wouldn't print even though on the mac's end, the printer was visible..

When you tried starting some programs, nothing would happen.. then 5 minutes later they'd finally appear and if you tried starting the program more than once, then multiple instances of the same program would all pop up

it couldn't have been bogged down with viruses or adware because "macs dont have viruses lolz!"

There was no major processes bogging down the mac's CPU or memory, because the only programs on the computer were the ones that came with it. They literally were laggy pieces of shit right out of the factory.

Mac used to not support flash either, did they? Just ridiculous.

Plug Drugs
12-22-2012, 01:14 AM
the funny thing is, in the shop class, they had computers with XP on them just for running autocad (but i thought macs were supposed to be better for designers and artist types??? lol...) and these computers were made around the same time as the macs, had similar specs, and cost the same as the macs because the school couldnt afford anything more expensive due to budget.

This was in 2007-2008 by the way.

Plug Drugs
12-22-2012, 01:22 AM
The interface is almost identical to windows 7, just admit you hate it for the sake of hating it. and, like juji pointed out, yur options in 2000 were shit or shit lite.

I hate Macs because they traumatized me.
I had bad memories with XP too, but when something went wrong on XP it was fixable. When something goes wrong on macs, nobody knew what to do back then

juji
12-22-2012, 02:48 PM
the funny thing is, in the shop class, they had computers with XP on them just for running autocad (but i thought macs were supposed to be better for designers and artist types??? lol...) and these computers were made around the same time as the macs, had similar specs, and cost the same as the macs because the school couldnt afford anything more expensive due to budget.

Yes, it's stereotype because the hipsters are huge faggots.

They saved their a dozen of welfare check to purchase a mac

juji
12-22-2012, 02:53 PM
well, one of the highschools i went to had a computer lab full of macs that apple gave the school (at a discounted price or something) as like a promotional thing to try and hook kids on macintosh while they were young (tobacco company business strategy imo)

They crashed all the time.. sometimes students would be in the middle of typing a 5 page essay and it would just crash and they'd lose it all. Even saving your document constantly, crashing would still make you lose paragraphs and having to spend 5-10 minutes rebooting the machine and this would usually break your train of thought, and the time wasted would cause you have to stay after school just to finish

some of the computers wouldn't print... the printers worked fine for some of the macs in the lab, but some macs just tarded out and wouldn't print even though on the mac's end, the printer was visible..

When you tried starting some programs, nothing would happen.. then 5 minutes later they'd finally appear and if you tried starting the program more than once, then multiple instances of the same program would all pop up

it couldn't have been bogged down with viruses or adware because "macs dont have viruses lolz!"

There was no major processes bogging down the mac's CPU or memory, because the only programs on the computer were the ones that came with it. They literally were laggy pieces of shit right out of the factory.

Mac used to not support flash either, did they? Just ridiculous.

Windows is still unstable as hell if you have a lot of files and software installed, sometimes i format windows to clean and get restored stable.

Are you using microsoft office for mac? it really sucks

The printers are from hell, because there no open source and require drivers for the printers, i hate controlled catdriges that wouldn't us allow to refill ink. You better rent Xerox printers.

Flash is unstable as hell too for mac and linux, why don't you use HTML5?

maks
12-22-2012, 02:57 PM
The printers are from hell, because there no open source and require drivers for the printers, i hate controlled catdriges that wouldn't us allow to refill ink. You better rent Xerox printers.

Macs use CUPS, just like Linux.

lnopia the great
12-22-2012, 03:11 PM
the funny thing is, in the shop class, they had computers with XP on them just for running autocad (but i thought macs were supposed to be better for designers and artist types??? lol...)

the photo filters that come with macs and get hipsters hard isnt the same kind of designing you do in autocad

maks
12-22-2012, 03:20 PM
It's not about the photo filters, not anymore. Here's a rundown of why Macs have this stereotype about being used by designers

First, the obsolete 'facts'
a million years ago it was the only operating system with a real GUI, and the only one that supported a mouse.
Photoshop has always been available (and for a long time better supported) on Macs

And now, onto modern day
They have this stereotype associated with them already due to the previous two points, and these things tend to perpetuate themselves. Design shops buy Macs because they have always bought Macs
Designers have no need for the office suites or enterprise integration that are Microsoft's strong points
Designers care about aesthetics, and Macs have the most aesthetically pleasing hardware and software available
Designers typically don't know anything about computers other than Photoshop, they want Photoshop to work with the least amount of stress and Macs are great at 'just working'
Apple makes the best displays in the industry and they have for years
Apple bundles a bunch of multimedia stuff into the OS, but I doubt any of this is of use to a real designer
However, they also offer higher end applications like Aperture which are only available for Mac

I hope this clears things up because frankly I'm sick of all the misinformation flying around itt

UofLCardfan08
12-23-2012, 05:08 AM

you were still waiting on puberty way back in the 00's... thus your opinion is without merit

besides keystone light drinkers cannot afford decent beer never mind a mac

UofLCardfan08
12-23-2012, 05:16 AM

derp.... autocad/mastercam and adobe creative suite have nothing to do with one another...they are worlds apart

best for you stick to opiates and your chicken piss keystone

juji
12-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Did he quit because we have macs?

maks
12-25-2012, 01:25 PM
no he quit because he was exposed as a traitor

juji
12-25-2012, 01:49 PM
From what?

maks
12-25-2012, 03:30 PM
he betrayed to us by a clump reason, it was very shame.

juji
12-25-2012, 03:34 PM
not surprised because drug addicts do

maks
12-25-2012, 03:39 PM
yeah she probably offered him pills

juji
12-25-2012, 03:41 PM
I made post about windows is unstable as hell... Did you read that?

maks
12-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't remember but I already knew that windows was unstable as hell