PDA

View Full Version : moderately amusing ramble

Plug Drugs
11-25-2015, 04:05 AM
when i go on for hours like this, i cant just close the page, i gotta post it somewhere or something if i spent that long typing it

[03:28] <plug_> Hey i got an idea *in a mocking tone* we can ride the crest of current manipulation and have a big fuck party
[03:28] <plug_> and fuck ourselves sideways until we realize we are committed to the game and cant go back even if we tried,
[03:29] <plug_> and our basic needs are dependent on keeping the righteous at bay,
[03:29] <plug_> trying to block out the army of the dead,
[03:30] <plug_> Just let it all be handled by the subconscious, under your breath, never let it out in the open,
[03:30] <plug_> and before you know it youll have convinced yourself
[03:31] <plug_> and wont feel the guilt of doing what must be done, the yearly draining of the swamp, the enslavement of the weak and unfortunate
[03:31] <plug_> whenever it needs to be done, youll just have a mini black-out,
[03:31] <plug_> then its back to the fuck party, awww yeah
[03:31] <plug_> big fucky butt fucky cheeks fucky everything fucky fucky fucky FUCKY OVERLOOOAADDD
[03:32] <in_3D> sounds like a terrible idea
[03:32] <plug_> *currency manipulation
[03:32] <plug_> not current manipulation
[03:32] <in_3D> going to sleep
[03:32] <in_3D> the doxylamine won
[03:32] <plug_> gross
[03:33] <plug_> dont take antihistamines
[03:33] <plug_> unless your throat is swelling up
[03:33] <plug_> theyre bad for you
[03:33] <plug_> you know how they were invented?
[03:34] <plug_> doctors looked at anticholinergic poisons like datura and deadly nightshade and wondered "i what makes you start hallucinating in this?"
[03:34] <plug_> and voila it inspired the creation of antihistamines
[03:35] <plug_> youre taking the pharmaceutical industry's spin off of poison
[03:36] <in_3D> can you get scopolamine in pill form
[03:36] <in_3D> you can
[03:36] <plug_> there actually used to be a bottle of scopolamine of my grandmothers in the linen cabinet here
[03:36] <in_3D> thats crazy
[03:36] <plug_> linen closet
[03:36] <plug_> and i guess i never really thought about but, what the fuck was that doing there
[03:37] <plug_> theres no reason for it to be prescribed ever
[03:37] <plug_> its use as a medicine is oldworldly
[03:37] <in_3D> prevents nausea caused my motion sickness or anaesthesia
[03:37] <in_3D> by
[03:37] <plug_> whatever its used to treat, there are a dozen other drugs that do the job better and, you know, dont send you into a nightmare hallucination
[03:38] <in_3D> it doesnt do that in the doses its prescribed
[03:38] <plug_> I'd never touch any of those potent anticholinergics, especially raw datura,
[03:38] <plug_> but
[03:38] <plug_> I imagine the experience to somehow feel like everything is set in the victorian era
[03:39] <plug_> no tvs, no telephones, just a room with a bunch of lead paint for you to sit in
[03:39] <plug_> inventing nonsensical daydream games to keep your mind occupied, a nonsense world that
[03:39] <plug_> 4 year olds without brothers or sisters or other kids in the neighborhood live in
[03:41] <plug_> a deep yawn, bright light through the window hitting your sensitive eyes, but you are awake, and have embodied the lead paint to the point youve never even realized its not normal to sit around in a house in a half-comatose state daydreaming all day
[03:42] <plug_> I bet a light dose of datura is something like that
[03:43] <plug_> A higher, moderately toxic dose probably feels like painful blind confusion
[03:44] <plug_> a kid in highschool actually offered me a tea made from 'angels trumpets' one time; i was still drug naive, and he had a dark look on his face; i think he was intentionally trying to give me the worst experience of my life or even try to kill me
[03:44] <plug_> but i stuck to my principles i trusted to keep me safe when doing drugs, like never taking something you haven't researched beforehand
[03:44] <plug_> its just fuckin dumb
[03:45] <plug_> so i said 'no i dont take anything i dont know anything about' and walked away
[03:46] <plug_> but had i been in a mood that day a little bit more susceptible to peer pressure, and trusting of the more popular kids
[03:46] <plug_> i might have been poisoned
[03:46] <plug_> or had the worst experience of my life eitherway
[03:46] <plug_> like a 1 in 50 chance id have had a good time
[03:46] <plug_> timothy leary claims to have had a positive datura experience; yeah well timothy leary is a fucking dickhead
[03:47] <plug_> for even slightly recommending poison to people
[03:47] <plug_> it should all be destroyed and wiped off the face of the earth
[03:48] <plug_> i wonder what doing drugs were like before the internet
[03:48] <plug_> did people just try everything when offered to them
[03:48] <plug_> even if they hadnt heard of it before?
[03:49] <plug_> or was it kind of just well-known what everything did
[03:49] <plug_> you know what i hate? movies with misinformation about drugs, are they trying to get people killed?
[03:50] <plug_> theyre trying to distance themselves from talking about an illegal drug in a movie, so what do they do? they say something thats bullshit that 60% of people believe and end up causing people to hurt themselves
[03:51] <plug_> to make up misinformation is worse than just having a PSA halfway through a drug movie showing people in detail how to shoot up and where to acquire needles
[03:52] <plug_> i guess theres exceptions like the movie a scanner darkly where the drug is clearly fictional
[03:53] == cedra [CEDRA@gateway/shell/elitebnc/x-qjfyjsurpiwpabfg] has quit [Ping timeout: 272 seconds]
[03:53] <plug_> and it doesnt show them using drugs except for when its central to the plot to show his life detteriorating
[03:53] <plug_> thats a good movie
[03:53] <plug_> a scanner darkly, if you havent seen it, very good movie
[03:53] == cedra [CEDRA@gateway/shell/elitebnc/x-proarooyaqcdytvu] has joined ##mde
[03:54] <plug_> it's a rare movie; it's target audience, the demographic they made the movie for, was teenage young adult drug users, but it has the effect of making you NOT want to use drugs after watching it
[03:54] <plug_> thats almost rare for a drug movie
[03:54] <plug_> i mean it is rare for a drug movie
[03:55] <plug_> its the only movie that does that
[03:55] <plug_> requiem for a dream is shit
[03:55] <plug_> and it has scenes glorifying drug use
[03:55] <plug_> and i heard that the guy who wrote the book requiem for a dream is actually a psychopath
[03:56] <plug_> trainspotting, although one of my favorite movies, kind of glorifies drugs
[03:56] <plug_> just the opening scene even "hey, want to not have to give a shit about anything? take heroin!"
[03:57] <plug_> "be a nihilist heroin user"
[03:57] <plug_> thats what the entire opening dialogue for the first 5 minutes of that movie
[03:58] <plug_> a big motivational speech for why you should take heroin
[03:58] <plug_> still one of my favorite movies, dont care
[03:58] <plug_> fear and loathing too, always going to be one of my favorites
[03:58] <plug_> and having a few drug users in society isnt necessarily a bad thing...
[03:59] <plug_> theres sort of this genetic sociological archetype of a "shaman" that people need to fill the role of
[03:59] <plug_> someone has to take the drugs and figure out what they do and how to avoid them killing you
[04:00] <plug_> theyre the oldworld doctors, before doctors became a thing
[04:00] <plug_> and the early days of medicine, a lot of doctors were murderous psychopaths
[04:00] == cdchapm2 [~cdchapm2@general.asu.edu] has joined ##mde
[04:00] <plug_> i dont know though, shamans didnt always do the best job as a doctor either though, maybe
[04:00] <plug_> i think they kind of got high on their own supply a little too much
[04:01] <plug_> to the point they were loading other villagers up on ayahuasca to treat headaches
[04:01] <plug_> maybe
[04:01] <plug_> i dont know
[04:02] <plug_> dont want to insult south american shamans though,
[04:02] <plug_> because when i saw one in a documentary before, they knew their shit
[04:02] <plug_> really good
[04:02] <plug_> especially for being in a region of the world without books or internet or running water
[04:03] <plug_> It was one of those vice druggy videos
[04:03] <plug_> you know, where that guy travels around the world taking the weirdest drugs he can
[04:04] <plug_> he went to south america to take toad venom
[04:04] <plug_> and when it wasnt anything recreational, the rest of the documentary is just him trying to find ayahuasca
[04:04] <plug_> and all the locals keep telling him "no no no you want to take this, take THIS, this is what its called"
[04:04] <plug_> and by the time he gets to the shaman he was like "yeah people were telling me ayahuasca was called this"
[04:05] <plug_> and the shaman was like "uhhhh i would give you that, but it would make you turn crazy"
[04:05] <plug_> and she takes the camera crew over to it, fucking datura
[04:05] <plug_> the locals who were telling him to take that were trying to poison him
[04:06] <plug_> good thing the shaman was a shaman
[04:06] <plug_> in my opinion,
[04:07] <plug_> a shaman sociological role is to learn how the human body is affected by nature,
[04:07] <plug_> and protect villagers from the dangers
[04:07] <plug_> kind of like an oath to help your patient a doctor would take
[04:08] <plug_> thing is, that shaman in the amazon was probably a better doctor than 60-70% of doctors in the states
[04:08] <plug_> in all aspects of medicine
[04:08] <plug_> bet you shes never lost a patient from negligence
[04:09] <plug_> 0 instances of malpractice
[04:10] <plug_> I don't know if I can recommend the book "Devil in the White City"
[04:11] <plug_> I only got like halfway through it, and I kept thinking the two stories going on were going to entertwine somehow, but they never did, and i dont think they do
[04:11] <plug_> youre reading two different books that cut back and forth to each other,
[04:11] <plug_> one is like a time magazine article on late 19th century architecture in chicago, especially concerning the world's fair
[04:12] <plug_> the other is just a book following this serial killer in chicago during the same time period
[04:13] <plug_> a real fucking devil too, like, he built a murder-hotel with like trap rooms in it and rooms that only opened from one side that were gas chambers and shit
[04:13] <plug_> and like i got halfway through this book, and i keep thinking theres going to be some retribution or something,
[04:13] <plug_> but no, it just keep following this serial killers shenanigans and i just started to get fucking grossed out
[04:13] <plug_> and quit reading it
[04:14] <plug_> fucking smut for 30-50 year old ladies who like reading about murder or some shit
[04:15] <plug_> like, you ever realize theres this demographic of women who just like to read about horror romance shit?
[04:15] <plug_> like twilight, vampires, a romance book about demons that want to eat people
[04:15] <plug_> ya great material for a fantasy... the fuck
[04:16] <plug_> oooooo i want to fuck that cannibal demon because he wanted to eat me but he couldnt because hes got a big boner for me,
[04:16] <plug_> and his big boner for me just makes him want to eat me even more, god damn so sexy
[04:16] <plug_> this is what 13-15 year old girls like to read?
[04:17] <plug_> what the fuck does that say about society
[04:18] <plug_> i actually read the book twilight and didnt mind it
[04:18] <plug_> a bunch of girls who were reading it convinced me to and gave me a copy
[04:19] <plug_> it has a good writing pace
[04:19] <plug_> its an easy read, but not like a read so easy its insulting to your intelligence
[04:19] <plug_> its an easy read rich with imagery of scenery and emotion
[04:20] <plug_> I used to read Nietzsche
[04:20] <plug_> like actually read Nietzsche, thoroughly
[04:20] <plug_> Now I'm not even sure half the stuff in those books was ever written by a Nietzsche
[04:21] <plug_> you know there was a 10 year period where his sister edited all his works
[04:22] <plug_> throw on top of that the fact that you have two world wars, full of book burning and losing track of documents and written history no less,
[04:22] <plug_> before the main well-known nietzsche scholars start translating and critiquing his work in the 50s
[04:22] <plug_> such as Kaufmann
[04:23] <plug_> Hed be the guy to ask how much of nietzsche's works he can say are 100% legitimate
[04:23] <plug_> but i would have had to ask him that like 50 years ago
[04:23] <plug_> now, who the fuck knows
[04:24] <plug_> he was the best nietzsche scholar in my opinion, such a good scholar in fact that no one has felt the need to step up as a prominent nietzsche scholar in the past 60 years because Kaufmann basically covered it all
[04:24] <plug_> so if Kaufmann made a mistake somewhere in the 3000 pages of works he had to translate and say were authentic,
[04:24] <plug_> no one will ever know
[04:25] <plug_> I mean its bound to have happened, right, there has to be at least one mistake somewhere in that body of work that Kaufmann missed
[04:25] <plug_> maybe not
[04:25] <plug_> but I sure as hell would have made a mistake
[04:25] <plug_> maybe not though because there were other scholars and the works have been cross-referenced
[04:26] <plug_> I'm just wondering if any of Nietzsche's sisters edits survived in the works
[04:27] <plug_> There's these really bizarre sections in the second half of The Gay Science too where theres large fragments of nazi propaganda that somehow made it in
[04:28] <plug_> like you were reading a book, and the topic it was following suddenly just gave out and theres a paragraph or two of out of place hate-speech, just for two paragraphs, then its goes back to the previous subject like it never left off
[04:29] <plug_> a few are particularly sexist, lol
[04:29] <plug_> like one is telling women to get back in the kitchen
[04:29] <plug_> but like a barking order to ALL women that they need to stop fooling around in the kitchen,
[04:29] <plug_> because it has caused too much wasted time for men
[04:29] <plug_> or something like that
[04:30] == Guest8086 [~nice@92.39.9.190] has quit [Ping timeout: 265 seconds]
[04:31] <plug_> and in the footnotes kaufmann is like "I normally try to put passages like these in perspective somehow, unfortunately Nietzsche here is falling victim to the same close-mindedness of his time which he criticizes
[04:32] <plug_> what if it turned out i had just been reading like 40% nazi propaganda, 40% edits by his sister, and only 20% actual nietzsche
[04:33] <plug_> this scholar/philosopher/philology professor whos exact details of his life are ambiguous because history has tried rewriting all of it like 3 times
[04:33] <plug_> ambiguous and obscure
[04:34] <plug_> It made sense to me before that there'd be these undying books which history warps and distorts around, having titles like "The Antichrist" and "Thus Spoke God"
[04:35] <plug_> like, the necessary balance or something, dark books which warp reality
[04:35] <plug_> counterbalancing the bible
[04:36] <plug_> and surviving through history's attempts to steal distort and warp the previous versions, but after degrading through translations they always devolve back into the same thing
[04:36] <plug_> the same book
[04:36] <plug_> because that is what the books are,
[04:37] <plug_> they are the literature formed by distortion of history
[04:37] <plug_> Nahh probably not, i trust kaufmann
[04:37] <plug_> but wouldnt that be badass kind of
[04:38] <plug_> stuff which is never realized because it's not expected
[04:38] <plug_> truths which reside faintly in the shadows
[04:38] <plug_> which our eyes slip by
[04:39] <plug_> in the labyrinth of existence, if you make it your goal to seek out those dead ends that dont go anywhere, where the path just winds up into spiral with a dead end,
[04:39] <plug_> and go down it just to see if anything is sitting at the end,
[04:39] <plug_> you find little easter eggs
[04:40] <plug_> all the time, and then you find that you never know whats an easter egg and whats not, its all just perspective, and people tending to agree with each other
[04:40] <plug_> when no one really knows what anything at all means until their perspective invents a sense of certainty in the moment
[04:41] <plug_> we could be an existential blip,
[04:42] <plug_> a daydream that sort of formed out of nowhere
[04:42] <plug_> out of stuff
[04:44] <plug_> its never bothered any of you that there was a year zero in the early 20th century and all of history could just be fabricated
[04:44] <plug_> ?
[04:45] <plug_> year zero, the destruction of a significant amount of written records, with the surviving records obscured by propaganda
[04:45] <plug_> to the point that some of the propaganda ends up becoming written record,
[04:46] <plug_> and no one knows the difference
[04:46] <plug_> and to have year zeroed in the early 20th century, its like how can we have any idea at all about anything
[04:47] == nnn [~aaa@c-73-142-187-122.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has quit [Quit: Leaving]
[04:48] <plug_> i mean, north america probably kept its historical records tidy, but the country was only like 150 years old so there wasnt much to keep tidy anyways,
[04:48] <plug_> and every record of europe or anything that otherwise had to come from europe was compromised,
[04:48] <plug_> because of the world wars distorting every written record in europe
[04:50] <plug_> while asia's written records were and more or less still are undecipherable to the west, and as we westernize asia more and more, especially its language, we lose more of asia's heritage
[04:51] <plug_> like, translating sarcasm or a joke or something ironic in old world literature doesnt happen, and instead words are taken to mean different things,
[04:51] <plug_> which might be why old world literature sounds archaic,
[04:51] <plug_> because people translated it to be archaic, with the translation to an extent invented entirely by the translator
[04:52] <plug_> i think that especially applies to egyptian hieroglyphs,
[04:52] <plug_> i mean, how the fuck can anyone claim to know what any of those symbols mean
[04:52] <plug_> you could make up a number of stories from symbol to symbol
[04:53] <plug_> and yeah the symbols of different civilizations have similarites in them which leads scholars to make predictions about the language
[04:54] <plug_> but theres similarities between the written language of proto-european civilizations and the english alphabet,
[04:55] <plug_> and any correlation between the two you think you can figure out a word's definition means fuck all
[04:56] <plug_> it doesnt take more than 2 generations of cultures being separated for people to complete make up a new language just from mistakes that accumulated in attempting to speak the old language
[04:57] <plug_> theres a lot of gibberish words out there that have some obscure connection to another word, but that word had just been mispronounced repeatedly until it just became something bizarrely different
[04:58] <plug_> and that might be what most language ultimately is
[04:58] <plug_> refined grunting,
[04:58] <plug_> otomotopias
[04:58] <plug_> or however thats spelled
[04:58] <plug_> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia
[04:58] <+shinjiro> Title | Onomatopoeia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia | en.wikipedia.org

stevеyos
11-25-2015, 08:08 AM
plug drugs has to go in irc to chat with people becuase nobody has him on aim and even then he's chatting by himself and at the end the guy makes fun of him with a wikipedia reference and plug drugs added that hving no idea it was a joke on him adn that all those poepl ehate him and were all chattin g in a different room like wow this guy is really cool and must read a lot of netchze

Plug Drugs
11-25-2015, 08:23 AM
aim

StompleB
11-25-2015, 08:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QwBHRJN.png RNG text

reno
11-25-2015, 10:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QwBHRJN.png RNG text

this is a ytmnd spin off forum not twitch chat retard

Wendy <3
11-25-2015, 02:07 PM
I wonder if plug drug thinks anyone other than lisa will read any of that

Poopalew
11-25-2015, 02:55 PM
I wonder if plug drug thinks anyone other than lisa will read any of that

Drug Abuse I regularly receive your magazines from a workmate and I read them.

m0nde
11-25-2015, 05:40 PM
fits so nicely :3

Lisa Battery
11-25-2015, 05:42 PM
this is a ytmnd spin off forum not twitch chat retard

Ooooo kitty got claws

stevеyos
11-27-2015, 06:26 AM
gofundme.com/t7c7h6qs

m0nde
11-29-2015, 05:51 AM
I was in the mood and started reading that shit and I had to stop after 3 lines. that is some serious mental masturbation's, god damn

stevеyos
11-29-2015, 06:40 AM
lisa licked him and he became one.......

Camoron
11-29-2015, 08:00 AM
thsi is neither moderate nor amusing