02-26-2012, 11:33 PM
How about computer repair?

lnopia the great
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Plug Drugs
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
How about computer repair?

ive thought about it but at the end of the day i just don't know enough to do it professionally
cleaning a processor's heatsink and replacing broken power supplies is one thing, but if someone comes to me with an actual problem i'd probably fuck it up

Plug Drugs
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
even though i'm sure 95% of hardware-related problems i'd be fixing would be those two things
"i peeled a layer of cat hair off your processor's heatsink, that'll be 20 dollars"

elezzzark
02-26-2012, 11:54 PM
So you need to practice a lot and also backup files from dead windows, try to learn how to use Live USB or CD Redo Backup distro, there a lot of demands in some places, for example, in California, there no cybercafe outside of Los Angeles, so every people have computers, then have problems and don't even know how to fix, you should to make the posters to promote your services to repair computers and you earn a lot of money each customer, they can't be bothered go to Geek Squad from Best Buy because they really suck. Also i found a hot girl in best buy, i don't really speak english lol maybe i should to meet her but the time is out. No way.

lnopia the great
02-26-2012, 11:58 PM
i wouldnt trust hot girls in best buy

Plug Drugs
02-27-2012, 12:15 AM
well, a few times when ive fixed my computer, it involved a lot of guess test and revise by ordering a new part to see if that was the problem or not, and if it didn't work then i'd order another new part.
What am I supposed to do when I tell somebody they need to order a new processor, and then I install it and their computer still won't work? Do I go "well turns out that wasn't the problem sir, lets try ordering you a new motherboard next"? Is that going to have to come out of my own pocket? I'd guess there'd be a few times when I'd totally fuck up and have to pay for something with my own money, but at least I'd learn then

maks
02-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Unless your fan died first the problem is very rarely the processor.

elezzzark
02-27-2012, 12:36 AM
You should to study the causes before to buy new parts, for example, if BIOS goes crazy, so it's Motherboard issue, then a videogame shows a lot of aircrafts on screen, so it's videocard issue... too much to explain, but you should to look up the forums and learn their mistakes

Plug Drugs
02-27-2012, 12:46 AM
i already know the basics i guess
1) Is bios posting? If no, then
- do all fans and devices have power going to them? If no, then its the power supply. If yes, then its the motherboard
If bios does post, then its fairly simple determining whether or not its the processor or the hard drive from that point on
If graphical elements are distorted, then its the video card

I mean its not difficult but I know there are problems out there that I haven't encountered yet, and I wouldn't know what to do when they finally come along

Plug Drugs
02-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Unless your fan died first the problem is very rarely the processor.

what do you do when a processor has a bent pin? I had that problem once and I ended up just getting so pissed that I took my processor out to the driveway and smashed it with an axe

Plug Drugs
02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
i guess i'd have trouble too with determining the difference between a broken bus on the motherboard versus a broken power supply
but how often do broken motherboard buses occur really?

maks
02-27-2012, 12:57 AM
i already know the basics i guess
1) Is bios posting? If no, then
- do all fans and devices have power going to them? If no, then its the power supply. If yes, then its the motherboard
If bios does post, then its fairly simple determining whether or not its the processor or the hard drive from that point on
If graphical elements are distorted, then its the video card

I mean its not difficult but I know there are problems out there that I haven't encountered yet, and I wouldn't know what to do when they finally come along

the psu has a couple different voltage rails, it's possible that a bad one will still spin up the fans but won't post. you can pick up a power supply tester for like $20 on newegg

what do you do when a processor has a bent pin? I had that problem once and I ended up just getting so pissed that I took my processor out to the driveway and smashed it with an axe

If it's near the edge (it usually is) I use a small pocketknife to nudge it back. If not, take a mechanical pencil (the kind where you click on the eraser and lead comes out) remove the lead and stick the tip over the bent pin, then CAREFULLY bend it back.

elezzzark
02-27-2012, 01:00 AM
It's easy to repair pins, if is bent, use a generic card from your wallet

Did you know when i bought a new Intel and i looked Intel heatsink i just throwed it away and i bought coolermaster heatsink, everytime i see cpu temp was 25c-35c for all time, so it was my satisfaction

elezzzark
02-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Im stupid

Fixed.

Plug Drugs
02-27-2012, 01:03 AM
the psu has a couple different voltage rails, it's possible that a bad one will still spin up the fans but won't post

ive had that happen before, but there's usually something funny going on with the power going to the mouse/keyboard then; like the mouse (if its optical) will be lit up solid red (as if you were moving it around) but the lights on the keyboard won't respond to pressing capslock/numslock/scrolllock

General Doli
02-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Fixxed.

FIXXEd.`

maks
02-27-2012, 01:20 AM
the lights on the keyboard won't respond to pressing capslock/numslock/scrolllock

this is a very useful troubleshooting step that many people (even a couple of my coworkers) don't think of, you're better at this than you thought

Camoron
02-27-2012, 02:11 AM
You should to study the causes before to buy new parts, for example, if BIOS goes crazy, so it's Motherboard issue, then a videogame shows a lot of aircrafts on screen, so it's videocard issue... too much to explain, but you should to look up the forums and learn their mistakes

i hate when my computer screen gets cluttered in 747s, goddamn nvidia...

Plug Drugs
02-27-2012, 02:15 AM
deciphering a post by elezzark is harder than repairing computers

Plug Drugs
02-27-2012, 02:16 AM
no offense intended elezzark, your advice was very appreciated

timmy
02-27-2012, 02:21 AM
i understand 90% of what elz says fine, its pretty easy to get the gist of what hes on about idk how it can be that hard

Plug Drugs
02-27-2012, 02:55 AM
why dont you take a fucking joke instead of trying to advance your worthless ego

timmy
02-27-2012, 03:07 AM
your jokes are dryer than your sex life

maks
02-27-2012, 03:15 AM
barry why do you save all your best rage and ranting and raving for the lizard forum? have we not done enough to offend you?

timmy
02-27-2012, 03:25 AM
wait a minute wait one second you want me to rant and own people here when you end up taking thigns too far to get a rise out of me? stupid tranny faggot when will you learn that its in fact working the opposite effect you want if you want to run me off the forum go ahead but i wont leave before dumping a huge collection of scat

timmy
02-27-2012, 03:28 AM
epic posts are what got people keen to fuck with my real life why would i want to do that again when it feels like im being punished for making big walls of text in the past

timmy
HURR DURR FUCK WITH THIS GUY REALLY BAD BECAUSE HE MAKES BIG POSTS
years later HURR WHY DOESNT HE MAKE BIG POSTS ANYMORE I DONT UNDASTAND OOK OOK OOK

timmy
:arms:

maks
02-27-2012, 08:31 AM
but you still make big angry posts you just don't do it here where we can enjoy it