OG Aliens XP64

rubycalaber
03-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Installed windows xp in alienware voids the warranty

its only ever had windows 7 m8y boi

maks
03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
its a dell

and the only reason to buy a dell is the warranty, and ruby didn't call them to have it fixed when it was under warranty so now he's stuck with a machine that bluescreens often.

when he first bought it I tried to explain what he had done to himself, he said that the detractors were jealous and trolling, and fanfare also chastised us for our jealousy. I don't know where the others were coming from, but I spent a year as a Dell field technician. I am intimately acquainted with Alienware guts. The short answer is they're overcomplicated, and not in a good way. Every software controlled light, every stupid vent that opens and closes for no reason, is one more thing that can go wrong and fuck up everything else. They're also watercooled, but they use a gigantic fan on the radiator which invalidates the point of watercooling and is yet another thing that can go wrong for no reason. For what Ruby spent on his Alienware, I could have bought 8 of my gaming rig and had a lan party every weekend. my machine has never bluescreened, not after hardware changes, not when upgrading drvers. I've never had a problem more serious than a game crashing me back to the desktop... fucking... never...

Still, I don't feel vindicated, I feel bad for Ruby because he's really into games and this machine has to be annoying the shit out of him. I just wish he'd run it by us first, the forum would have universally shit on the idea of buying an $8000 alienware.

m0nde
03-20-2013, 05:54 PM
lol
and the only reason to buy a dell is the warranty, and ruby didn't call them to have it fixed when it was under warranty so now he's stuck with a machine that bluescreens often.

when he first bought it I tried to explain what he had done to himself, he said that the detractors were jealous and trolling, and fanfare also chastised us for our jealousy. I don't know where the others were coming from, but I spent a year as a Dell field technician. I am intimately acquainted with Alienware guts. The short answer is they're overcomplicated, and not in a good way. Every software controlled light, every stupid vent that opens and closes for no reason, is one more thing that can go wrong and fuck up everything else. They're also watercooled, but they use a gigantic fan on the radiator which invalidates the point of watercooling and is yet another thing that can go wrong for no reason. For what Ruby spent on his Alienware, I could have bought 8 of my gaming rig and had a lan party every weekend. my machine has never bluescreened, not after hardware changes, not when upgrading drvers. I've never had a problem more serious than a game crashing me back to the desktop... fucking... never...

Still, I don't feel vindicated, I feel bad for Ruby because he's really into games and this machine has to be annoying the shit out of him. I just wish he'd run it by us first, the forum would have universally shit on the idea of buying an $8000 alienware.

Gentleman Doli
03-20-2013, 05:56 PM
I heartiley recomend that if you have the money, u Buy an alien warw.e. The glow light,s the epic fucking gammeing noises+keyboards. The fuckeing sick ALien head mousepad.

rubycalaber
03-20-2013, 06:21 PM
yearly reminder that jews did 9/11 and alienwares rule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLD758os9I8

m0nde
03-20-2013, 06:30 PM
why don't you make more of these?!

rubycalaber
03-20-2013, 06:44 PM
I will next time I do anything irl (2045)

clay
03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
ruby didnt want to say anything, but his parents put him on ssri's and beta blockers. he was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and pathological demand avoidance syndrome when he tried to get into college. he's been going outside more and trying to live a normal life

Gentleman Doli
03-20-2013, 06:58 PM
ruby didnt want to say anything, but his parents put him on ssri's and beta blockers. he was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and pathological demand avoidance syndrome when he tried to get into college. he's been going outside more and trying to live a normal life

Your a beta blockker, In taht, you block me, from geting teh Beta Phi Kappa pussey

fanfare
03-20-2013, 07:06 PM
hmm... i stood up for ruby and said everyone else was jealous? even if i was just blindly having ruby's back b/c hes my friend? yep.. that sounds about right :) :) <3

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2013, 07:08 PM
i take beta-blockers because it forces me to pretend like an alpha