PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel like they can't shake off the feeling that society is going into the gutter?

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 12:37 AM
is it just from getting older and becoming more aware of the world's problems? or are things actually getting worse?

i think the human race has been lead poisoned for the past century due to the lead in car exhaust covering the surface of the planet in lead before lead-based fuel became regulated in the 70s; and now this generation has to pick up all the slack - like over-breeding and the fact that we're swimming in a sea of industrial chemicals and really don't know how they effect us, because corporations can just buy out the FDA through lobbying.

oh well here's a corny song
zU9lv_WqK6k&autoplay=1

we're reaching an era soon where simply speaking out against corporations will end up putting you on watch-lists as suspicious individuals.. terrifying.. hopefully just drug-induced paranoia??

blumpkin blownuts
03-26-2013, 12:44 AM
i blame television and marketers
we're losing intelligence and becoming more dependent on things we can't fix, only replace
the nuclear family has become passé - the last planned pregnancy on earth was sometime in the 90s
distribution of wealth continues to polarize, every local & national leader in the world is guiding it along
"green" technology simply means hiding huge carbon footprints and toxic waste more effectively

but w/e... i have two cars, two gf's, and free rent
BXWvKDSwvls

blumpkin blownuts
03-26-2013, 12:47 AM
we're reaching an era soon where simply speaking out against corporations will end up putting you on watch-lists as suspicious individuals.. terrifying.. hopefully just drug-induced paranoia??

you think thats bad? the push to cloud computing is geared toward eventually making personal data storage illegal. prisons will be turning out drug dealers to make room for ROM dealers

once the telco's realize their 6-strikes anti-piracy bullshit doesn't do a damn thing to fix Big Content's falling revenues, this will be the next step

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 12:54 AM
time to start buying old computers and parts and stock-pile them, and then become part of an underground culture where we share data with one another through closed-circuit LAN parties

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 12:56 AM
i just loled @ the thought of people smuggling USB flash drives in condoms shoved up their ass

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 12:58 AM
i stopped watching TV like 5+ years ago.. can't believe people still watch it actually.
Nowadays, when I do turn on the TV, I have to force myself to watch it and try to pretend I'm enjoying it

always stevey
03-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Society is why Lisa is fucked up. I blame society.

always stevey
03-26-2013, 01:00 AM
MKIaS0lh-uo&autoplay=1

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 01:01 AM
everyone has become too docile to protect the things they enjoy, and have instead opted to slowly convert themselves to whatever the corporate world wants. People are actually voluntarily giving up personal liberties slowly in exchange for a convenient lifestyle

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 01:03 AM
-uv_WGEHr4I

rubycalaber
03-26-2013, 01:04 AM
of course not goyim! arnt you looking forward to mandatory interactive advertising?! its the hip new thing everyone will be raving about on FedBo-I mean FaceBook™! :jew:
http://i.imgur.com/Dvvy0Yu.png

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Adventurer! Click the action button! .... Hooray, you have defeated your adversary, Share© this achievement with friends!

rubycalaber
03-26-2013, 01:11 AM
everyone has become too docile to protect the things they enjoy, and have instead opted to slowly convert themselves to whatever the corporate world wants. People are actually voluntarily giving up personal liberties slowly in exchange for a convenient lifestyle

Silly goy, havn't you heard that being spied on is the latest hip trend? :kike:

Microsoft has filed for a Kinect-related patent, and it’s a doozy of an application. The abstract describes a camera-based system that would monitor the number of viewers in a room and check to see if the number of occupants exceeded a certain threshold set by the content provider. If there are too many warm bodies present, the device owner would be prompted to purchase a license for a greater number of viewers.

No, really. It’s that blunt. From the abstract: “The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.”

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsoft

Microsoft is evidently working to introduce a special ad program that will revolutionize the TV advertising arena. Through its Kinect motion sensor technology, the new ad program can recognize the audience preferences and broadcast the right ads to them. The program called the NUads, or Natural User-interface Ads will let advertisers watch the audience and find their responses towards ads through their expressions and actions thanks to Kinect sensor.

http://www.gizmowatch.com/microsofts-new-kinect-based-ad-program-spy-tv-audience-feedback.html

Verizon (NYSE: VZ) has filed a patent application for targeting ads to viewers based on information collected from infrared cameras and microphones that would be able to detect conversations, people, objects and even animals that are near a TV.

If the detection system determines that a couple is arguing, a service provider would be able to send an ad for marriage counseling to a TV or mobile device in the room. If the couple utters words that indicate they are cuddling, they would receive ads for “a romantic getaway vacation, a commercial for a contraceptive, a commercial for flowers,” or commercials for romantic movies, Verizon states in the patent application.

For years, technology executives have discussed the possibility of using devices such as Microsoft’s (Nasdaq: MSFT) Xbox 360 Kinect cameras to target advertising and programming to viewers, taking advantage of the ability to determine whether an adult or child is viewing a program. But Verizon is looking at taking targeted advertising to a new level with its patent application, which is titled “Methods and Systems for Presenting an Advertisement Associated with an Ambient Action of a User.”

Similar to the way Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) targets ads to Gmail users based on the content of their emails, Verizon proposes scanning conversations of viewers that are within a “detection zone” near their TV, including telephone conversations.

“If detection facility detects one or more words spoken by a user (e.g., while talking to another user within the same room or on the telephone), advertising facility may utilize the one or more words spoken by the user to search for and/or select an advertisement associated with the one or more words,” Verizon states in the patent application.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/verizon-patents-targeted-advertising-method-determines-if-viewers-are-laugh/2012-11-30

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 01:22 AM
what a fucking nightmare

Plug Drugs
03-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Silly goy, havn't you heard that being spied on is the latest hip trend? :kike:

Microsoft has filed for a Kinect-related patent, and it’s a doozy of an application. The abstract describes a camera-based system that would monitor the number of viewers in a room and check to see if the number of occupants exceeded a certain threshold set by the content provider. If there are too many warm bodies present, the device owner would be prompted to purchase a license for a greater number of viewers.

No, really. It’s that blunt. From the abstract: “The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.”

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsoft

Microsoft is evidently working to introduce a special ad program that will revolutionize the TV advertising arena. Through its Kinect motion sensor technology, the new ad program can recognize the audience preferences and broadcast the right ads to them. The program called the NUads, or Natural User-interface Ads will let advertisers watch the audience and find their responses towards ads through their expressions and actions thanks to Kinect sensor.

http://www.gizmowatch.com/microsofts-new-kinect-based-ad-program-spy-tv-audience-feedback.html

Verizon (NYSE: VZ) has filed a patent application for targeting ads to viewers based on information collected from infrared cameras and microphones that would be able to detect conversations, people, objects and even animals that are near a TV.

If the detection system determines that a couple is arguing, a service provider would be able to send an ad for marriage counseling to a TV or mobile device in the room. If the couple utters words that indicate they are cuddling, they would receive ads for “a romantic getaway vacation, a commercial for a contraceptive, a commercial for flowers,” or commercials for romantic movies, Verizon states in the patent application.

For years, technology executives have discussed the possibility of using devices such as Microsoft’s (Nasdaq: MSFT) Xbox 360 Kinect cameras to target advertising and programming to viewers, taking advantage of the ability to determine whether an adult or child is viewing a program. But Verizon is looking at taking targeted advertising to a new level with its patent application, which is titled “Methods and Systems for Presenting an Advertisement Associated with an Ambient Action of a User.”

Similar to the way Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) targets ads to Gmail users based on the content of their emails, Verizon proposes scanning conversations of viewers that are within a “detection zone” near their TV, including telephone conversations.

“If detection facility detects one or more words spoken by a user (e.g., while talking to another user within the same room or on the telephone), advertising facility may utilize the one or more words spoken by the user to search for and/or select an advertisement associated with the one or more words,” Verizon states in the patent application.

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/verizon-patents-targeted-advertising-method-determines-if-viewers-are-laugh/2012-11-30
and we can't really call it an invasion of privacy, because they'll just buy out the courts to redefine what constitutes an "invasion of privacy"

rubycalaber
03-26-2013, 01:36 AM
cant wait to get auto-fined for piracy when my dog walks into the room as I'm watching TV and it scans her heat signature and thinks I have a second person in the room who I havnt paid the viewing rights for and this happens so much that I cant pay up and need to go to jail but its full of people who accidentally typed I hate mcodnalds when they meant to say I have mcdonalds so they just send a drone to carpet bomb my house

Lisa Claus
03-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Purple is gay and also my favorite color

blumpkin blownuts
03-26-2013, 03:23 AM
of course not goyim! arnt you looking forward to mandatory interactive advertising?! its the hip new thing everyone will be raving about on FedBo-I mean FaceBook™! :jew:
http://i.imgur.com/Dvvy0Yu.png

wow, straight out of fuckign "1984"

lnopia the great
03-26-2013, 06:05 AM
buy shit or die tryin

internutt
03-26-2013, 06:19 AM
i feel these next level beats mufucker

UofLCardfan08
03-26-2013, 07:03 AM
no

lnopia the great
03-26-2013, 07:51 AM
this is how society has always been we just live in a different context

but advertising is out of hand my roommate watches american idol (big fag) and the intro climax is literally a can of pepsi slowly spinning surrounded by fireworks lol

lnopia the great
03-26-2013, 07:54 AM
thats not even fucking subtle and the show itself is 5% content and 95% recaps but people slop that shit up and love it

lnopia the great
03-26-2013, 07:56 AM
popular stuff is popular because its popular

lnopia the great
03-26-2013, 07:56 AM
THE ONLY AMERICAN CULTURE IS POP CULTURE

rootbeer
03-26-2013, 12:18 PM
THE ONLY AMERICAN CULTURE IS POP CULTURE

i thought you were canadian

maks
03-26-2013, 12:23 PM