maks
03-19-2012, 12:58 AM
I did for about a year, they didn't do shit

Desolation
03-19-2012, 01:15 AM
how many people here should take anti-depressants

maks
03-19-2012, 01:16 AM
I don't know about that, but stevey, bobhughes, and barry could benefit from a daily dose of lithium

Gentleman Doli
03-19-2012, 01:50 AM
I`m.

nifkin
03-19-2012, 04:14 AM
me probably or at least sleeping pills

boobz
03-19-2012, 04:22 AM
how many people here should take anti-depressants

My first vote would be you, but then again, we don't know each other very intimately.

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 04:31 AM
ive been off an on a shitload of antidepressants but haven't been on one in like two years.
They permanently change your brain chemistry so you have to be on one to feel normal

boobz
03-19-2012, 05:16 AM
ive been off an on a shitload of antidepressants but haven't been on one in like two years.
They permanently change your brain chemistry so you have to be on one to feel normal

I can appreciate that you do a lot of drugs, but you do spout some utter bro science shit sometimes. Permanently change your brain chemistry? No return back to what it was? Please.

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 05:31 AM
what the fuck do you know

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 05:32 AM
you watched some documentaries on weed and occasionally join social conversations about "ohhh medical marijuana just got legalized in such and such a state" you dont know shit about drugs or their effect on the brain

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 05:32 AM
lol nobody has ever overdosed on weed before, why is it even illegal lol?

boobz
03-19-2012, 05:45 AM

wow you really spun off on a tangent here. are you feeling alright?

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 05:47 AM
http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/LongTermSSRI.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSRI_discontinuation_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-SSRI_sexual_dysfunction

in short, discontinuation of SSRIs (the most commonly prescribed antidepressants) can result in an individual developing anxiety disorders (frequent panic attacks, insomnia, etc) that they never had before they started taking SSRis... indicating a long-term or sometimes permanent change in brain chemistry, aka permanent damage, fucking cunt

we are tampering with drugs that have only started being used in the past 15 years, we haven't got a fucking clue as to what their long term effects are
But as old school pharmacopia goes, a drug with tolerance generally exhibits reverse effects when the drug is discontinued, and more often than not the brain has extreme difficulty in regaining a normal level of functioning without the drug. Talk to most drug addicts and they will tell you that even after being sober for years, they never felt "normal" again, they have merely learned to live with the damage

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 05:49 AM
wow you really spun off on a tangent here. are you feeling alright?

thats you in a nutshell, am i right? that's your severely limited knowledge of drugs
we set your mindset to thinking that nothing possibly bad can happen to you with medications, so that we can use you for research purposes when disorders develop

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 05:52 AM
you are a human test dummy for future generations

maks
03-19-2012, 08:07 AM
you are a human test dummy for future generations

that's been the case since shamans were giving us ground up leaves and roots

lnopia the great
03-19-2012, 08:28 AM
boobz what is the anti depressant situation in austrailia

lnopia the great
03-19-2012, 08:31 AM
somebody made a thread about anti depressants on alol long time ago and it seriously blew my mind that over half the forum were prescribed them (whether they took them or not)

kind of fucked how easily brain altering drugs are prescribed to children in the states

lnopia the great
03-19-2012, 08:34 AM

weed is definietly a cash crop that should be exploited by the government for profit so we can maybe start seeing healthy foods being subsidized instead of corporate corn foods destroying our health

ArchbshpDesmndPooPoo
03-19-2012, 08:37 AM
somebody made a thread about anti depressants on alol long time ago and it seriously blew my mind that over half the forum were prescribed them (whether they took them or not)

kind of fucked how easily brain altering drugs are prescribed to children in the states

people that post on internet forums all day are probably more likely to hate their lives

ArchbshpDesmndPooPoo
03-19-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm prescribed some kind of meth pills if I don't take them I can only do about 15 minutes of boring work before I start throwing pencils into the ceiling and watching youtube videos

maks
03-19-2012, 08:52 AM
oh those are great they give me more energy than coffee

lnopia the great
03-19-2012, 08:54 AM
thats exactly how i am but my doctors dont feel the need to give me psychotics

Gentleman Doli
03-19-2012, 09:00 AM

anime win.

Gentleman Doli
03-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Naruto takes anti-depressants... As does Dragon Ball Z. You cant possibly tell me theyre bad.

maks
03-19-2012, 09:16 AM
thats exactly how i am but my doctors dont feel the need to give me psychotics

that's because you have no control over your medical treatment with socialized medicine. american doctors will typically give you what you're asking for because if they don't you can go find someone who does, it's all part of being treated like a grownup.

ArchbshpDesmndPooPoo
03-19-2012, 09:29 AM
I knew a guy that would always bitch about how those pills made him crazy and gave him heart palpitations and how the doctors are fuckers who don't know anything but he'd always leave out the part where he took way more than his prescribed dose and crushed it up and snorted it

maks
03-19-2012, 09:38 AM
you kind of have to break them up and snort them otherwise you're dealing with that time release bullshit

Gentleman Doli
03-19-2012, 09:50 AM
that's because you have no control over your medical treatment with socialized medicine. american doctors will typically give you what you're asking for because if they don't you can go find someone who does, it's all part of being treated like a grownup.

lol unles your a tranny... pwned.

lnopia the great
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
that's because you have no control over your medical treatment with socialized medicine.

im sure you arent implying i have no control what is done to my body

american doctors will typically give you what you're asking for because if they don't you can go find someone who does

profit over judgement, thats exactly how i want my medical professionals to think

maks
03-19-2012, 09:53 AM
im sure you arent implying i have no control what is done to my body

you do, to an extent. you can either choose 'what the state offers' or 'nothing at all'.

profit over judgement, thats exactly how i want my medical professionals to think

"this guy is an adult and I exist to facilitate the choices he has made for himself" that's exactly how I want people who are providing me a service to think

maks
03-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Sometimes I like to think about what my job would be like if IT was handled like the healthcare industry

USA
Customer: I want a Thinkpad
Me: Well your insurance doesn't cover the Thinkpad but we have a generic Acer that's almost as good
(one week later)
Customer: I changed insurance companies, my new one will cover a Thinkpad with a $20 co-pay
Me: Ok, I'll order you a Thinkpad

Canada
Customer: I want a Thinkpad
Me: Well the government insurance program won't provide Thinkpads
Customer: But I want a Thinkpad
Me: Fuck you, you're getting an HP and you're going to shut up and like it. It'll be delivered in 4 months.

lnopia the great
03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
you do, to an extent. you can either choose 'what the state offers' or 'nothing at all'.

Yes i can agree to surgery on my shoulder, or can opt to live with the fact my shoulder can re-dislocate from any significant force. Is that what you are saying? I don't get what you are trying to say, is your statement not true for any hospital?

"this guy is an adult and I exist to facilitate the choices he has made for himself" that's exactly how I want people who are providing me a service to think

Sounds like how a crack dealer would justify what he does to feed his family. I'd prefer if my doctors used their education to tell me what is actually best for me and not what I want

Also your anology isn't really applicable because most things not provided are elective surgeries, like boob jobs.

maks
03-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Yes i can agree to surgery on my shoulder, or can opt to live with the fact my shoulder can re-dislocate from any significant force. Is that what you are saying? I don't get what you are trying to say, is your statement not true for any hospital?

Nope, you'd have a choice of surgery, or physical therapy, or drugs, or a different, more experimental, surgery. It's not "Do what we recommend or live with it"

Sounds like how a crack dealer would justify what he does to feed his family. I'd prefer if my doctors used their education to tell me what is actually best for me and not what I want

Agreed, I prefer if my doctor listen to me and make a decision based on his own experience combined with my needs, rather than giving me a stock catch-all answer out of the book of national healthcare mandates.

lnopia the great
03-19-2012, 10:29 AM
rather than giving me a stock catch-all answer out of the book of national healthcare mandates.

not sure if thats a canadian doctor impression but the health here works the same way in the states only we pay for it in tax and you do cash. like if i wanted to get my dick cut off id still go to my family doctor and he would explain the risks associated with it etc and reference me to someone who specializes in cutting dicks and from there i just pay out my own pocket cause it is something that rightfully isnt covered

maks
03-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I thought you had to go to a different private hospital if you had anything done out of pocket

Garfield
03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
chillout bro boobz posts on erowid

maks
03-19-2012, 10:40 AM
erowid is a pretty good resource, I make sure to check it any time I try out a new substance to give me an idea of what to expect

lnopia the great
03-19-2012, 10:41 AM
from your family doctor (general physician) you would go to a private clinic, and skip the hospital but i dont know the specifics on transgender surgery so dont quote me

maks
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM
ironically I think American insurance companies actually do cover dickectomies (but don't quote me either)

maks
03-19-2012, 10:45 AM
where's obnoxious bitch why isn't he here this is the first time he'd actually be able to add something to the conversation

Garfield
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
a long time ago, ob was sad she had a 1 inch weiner and figured no girls would ever want to fuck him anyways so he just cut it off to be a girl so guys would like him, and thats the story of ob

blumpkin blownuts
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
big shocker but i was once rx'ed Paxil, some 10 yrs ago

it impaired whatever part of the brain is responsible for judgement & making safe, smart decisions and i turned into a cocky arrogant POS plus nearly did soemthing i'd still regret today (unless i could've afforded laser removal surgery). took myself off that shit after 4-5 weeks, SSRI's are junk. fortunately i mostly regained my sense of judgment within weeks of stopping

blumpkin blownuts
03-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Naruto takes anti-depressants... As does Dragon Ball Z. You cant possibly tell me theyre bad.

And Roger Ramjet took proton power pills, from the US government. Except that's not based on any fictional references whatsoever. Right now the name used for the stuff given to military pilots is "modafinil"

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
i gotta get me some modafinil

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
sounds like some good shit

blumpkin blownuts
03-19-2012, 03:27 PM
didn't do much for me
then again the only stimulants that afeect me are methylphenidate and methcathinones

Gentleman Doli
03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
And Roger Ramjet took proton power pills, from the US government. Except that's not based on any fictional references whatsoever. Right now the name used for the stuff given to military pilots is "modafinil"
that guy is cool

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 09:19 PM
methylphenidate is shit, its all about the d-amphetamine... its been the standard for 60 years for a reason

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM
when a hit brings you an inch away from death, that's living man

Plug Drugs
03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
actually its fairly hard to die from d-amphetamine... need to take a single dose much higher than 400mg, and odds are you'll just start having a seizure and be sent to the ER before you can die...
the only time i ever honestly felt close to death was being on methadone, clonazepam, and drinking alcohol at the same time. I went down to like 3 breathes per minute, and had to force myself to stay awake... but its hard to force yourself to stay awake when you cant even stand up

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:06 AM

fear, fear fear. marks stepped on a death panel and lost a life now he's afraid of "socialized medicine"
of course there will still be competition and choice. it just gets capped and regulated.

as far as getting what you want from the doctor, let's all just agree that you want the middleground - avoid the doctor that will immediately give you whatever drug you saw a clever cartoon TV ad hawk. also avoid the doctor that will only prescribe the drug being made by the folks who paid for his family's $80,000 ski trip, no matter how much you tell him it doesn't work or you read that it could be dangerous or unneeded.

everybody wants a doctor that will carefully consider all your input, weigh in as much of it as he can, then make a professional and unbiased decision towards your care. a national insurance program does not mean "the good doctors" are going to be inaccessible.
what are they going to do, turn in their stethoscope and ear-flashlights for good, and go sell knives next to the subway stop?

maks
03-20-2012, 06:14 AM
I'm not afraid of it, I resent being expected to pay for other people's problems and enjoy the level of control I have over my own services. Stop talking out of your ass, bob.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:17 AM
neither levo- nor dexamphetamine affect me much at all no matter how much i take. granted, I have a unique physiology.
only beta-reduced amphetamines (particularly cathinonones) stimulate me, out of the entire phenethylamine family I've bothered with (all the common ones except d-methamph, and many RC's)

and MPH is it's own family, a distant cousin of BZPs. It has widely-varying affects on everybody.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:22 AM
and methadone is another drug i'll never try, way too risky since im a polydrug user
the closest i can get to death is my brain "zeroes out" and i slump over in such a way that my airway locks open, so i still must be getting oxygen through diffusion rather than mechanical breathing

i used to could get there with 120mg oxy/150mgeq morphine, plus 4oz whiskey, 2-4mg alprazolam, and 50-100 mg promethazine
now i throw barbiturates and DXM in the mix and i can still barely get a nod. I refuse to inject though, or pay some dritbag out the ass for heroin when everything else i can get for price of fucking tapwater

siburke939
03-20-2012, 06:22 AM
i smoke & drink tea/coffee regularly drink most weekends & sometimes do a bit of blow but fuck letting a doctor pump more shit into my body that i don't need

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:24 AM
that guy is cool

i haven't seen him on TV in about 15 years, though i can't get boomerang out here.
i don't suppose they still play his show? or are "retro cartoons" now considered to be fucking ed edd & eddy, and powerpuff shit

maks
03-20-2012, 06:26 AM
doctors should have the final say in what you put into your body, it's wrong for them to give the patient what he wants, they should be strictly controlled by the government and anyone who says otherwise is obviously just afraid of a new and better world and has been brainwashed by the media

now here's a list of drugs I use illegally without any medical supervision

ps I took a bunch of pills and didn't die I am immortal

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:27 AM
I'm not afraid of it, I resent being expected to pay for other people's problems and enjoy the level of control I have over my own services. Stop talking out of your ass, bob.

you resent alot of things, anyone who isn't yourself is stupid and lazy and less entitled than you. stop your selfish fucking bitching, other people matter too, regardless of how well you understand each person's particular situation. some poeple make mistakes. some people are unlucky. Many got back on their feet again, most with assistance of some kind, some without.
But America didn't come this far by leaving people to die of malnutrition and sickness and total social fucking darwinism so you can stop feeding me this line of shit right here.

siburke939
03-20-2012, 06:31 AM
if you use the (completely made up) word "alot" then suicide is your only option

siburke939
03-20-2012, 06:31 AM
// alot //

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:32 AM
Marks spinning my posts into dizzy shit
doctors should have the final say in what you put into your body, it's wrong for them to give the patient what he wants, they should be strictly controlled by the government and anyone who says otherwise is obviously just afraid of a new and better world and has been brainwashed by the media

now here's a list of drugs I use illegally without any medical supervision

ps I took a bunch of pills and didn't die I am immortal

The FDA can't control the medical-corporate syndicate, they profit from it. Overhaul the regulators too, replace the whole goddamnned bureau.

Get a clue about my posting incriminating information out for the world to see. I save the medical establishment alot of money by providing my own treatments, far above and beyond some drug therapy.

Of course it's wrong to give the patient what they want, unless they have veritable reasons for wanting it (i.e. they don't just want it but they could very well need it). Despite my tendancy self-medication, I will take the advice of an M.D. who's treated patients a minimum of a decade, to be favorable towards my own opinions.

maks
03-20-2012, 06:36 AM
you resent alot of things, anyone who isn't yourself is stupid and lazy and less entitled than you. stop your selfish fucking bitching, other people matter too, regardless of how well you understand each person's particular situation. some poeple make mistakes. some people are unlucky. Many got back on their feet again, most with assistance of some kind, some without.
But America didn't come this far by leaving people to die of malnutrition and sickness and total social fucking darwinism so you can stop feeding me this line of shit right here.

I feel bad for them, I really do. That doesn't mean they're entitled to my money which I worked for. Charity is voluntary, what you're advocating is straight up barrel-of-a-gun wealth redistribution, it's wrong and it's unamerican.

maks
03-20-2012, 06:42 AM
speaking of entitled

HOW DARE YOU NOT TALK TO ME MORE OFTEN I'M GOING TO BITCH ABOUT IT LIKE A JEWISH GRANDMA MISS INTERNET GIRL I'M MADLY IN LOVE WITH
http://gyazo.com/e2d9b1824fd0f863e7a788f159718df5.png

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:42 AM
im not here for grammar school simon

maks
03-20-2012, 06:43 AM
It's obvious we need Gush reform, the government should step in and introduce a law that requires gush to talk to bobhughes more often

maks
03-20-2012, 06:44 AM
I hear Michael Moore is shooting a new documentary on this very subject

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:45 AM
speaking of entitled

HOW DARE YOU NOT TALK TO ME MORE OFTEN I'M GOING TO BITCH ABOUT IT LIKE A JEWISH GRANDMA MISS INTERNET GIRL I'M MADLY IN LOVE WITH
http://gyazo.com/e2d9b1824fd0f863e7a788f159718df5.png

Yes, she made me feel entitled to speak with her some more. She told me she would, and as far as I knew, we were having mutually-pleasant intercourse. For hours, whole nights at a time.

And lets stay on track my judgment is not on trial here, what's on trial are realities about the way the world works, which you refuse to deny.

siburke939
03-20-2012, 06:47 AM
grammar school would be picking up on minor errors but making up words is just plain stupidity

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:47 AM
It's obvious we need Gush reform, the government should step in and introduce a law that requires gush to talk to bobhughes more often

I was left a more sensible person than before, after the aftermath faded.

maks
03-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Yes, she made me feel entitled to speak with her some more. She told me she would, and as far as I knew, we were having mutually-pleasant intercourse. For hours, whole nights at a time.

And lets stay on track my judgment is not on trial here, what's on trial are realities about the way the world works, which you refuse to deny.

I disagree, your judgement is totally on trial here, you're the guy saying I should spend a few more hours a week working for free (slavery, essentially) so I can support people who are too lazy or stupid to get their own jobs.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Yes I coined "alot" and am part of a tiny, detestable minority by virtue of the fact I use the word so much here.

maks
03-20-2012, 06:49 AM
I was left a more sensible person than before, after the aftermath faded.

Is that you talking or Ann Coulter? I can't believe you could be against Gush reform you heartless bastard.

siburke939
03-20-2012, 06:52 AM
too easy

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:55 AM
I disagree, your judgement is totally on trial here, you're the guy saying I should spend a few more hours a week working for free (slavery, essentially) so I can support people who are too lazy or stupid to get their own jobs.

I'm not alone. Supposedly even Jesus had a big thing about helping the less fortunate, not to mention forgiveness of old sins.

Until theres some sort of entitlements reform, if you want anyone to think you give a fuck about anyone besides yourself, then you need to dontate time or money to a church or Job Corps or some other filtered-for-wasteoids organization that consistently helps destitute people recover, whether they lost everything in a storm or just got hooked on booze. And we need tighter regulations on public assistance, not get rid of it. For instance we need to piss-test welfare recipients for dope & alcohol - not because these things are is bad - but because it's an avoidable expense for people who can't afford much.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Is that you talking or Ann Coulter? I can't believe you could be against Gush reform you heartless bastard.

I freely admit gush brought out the inner creep in me, whether I actually hoped to molest her (as she believed) or not.

maks
03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm not alone. Supposedly even Jesus had a big thing about helping the less fortunate, not to mention forgiveness of old sins.

Until theres some sort of entitlements reform, if you want anyone to think you give a fuck about anyone besides yourself, then you need to dontate time or money to a church or Job Corps or some other filtered-for-wasteoids organization that consistently helps destitute people recover, whether they lost everything in a storm or just got hooked on booze. And we need tighter regulations on public assistance, not get rid of it. For instance we need to piss-test welfare recipients for dope & alcohol - not because these things are is bad - but because it's an avoidable expense for people who can't afford much.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what a carpenter 2000 years in his grave thinks about anything.

Federal assistance programs need to be cut, period. The federal income tax needs to be cut, period. Social Security needs to be cut, period. The federal government exists to manage international trade, defense, and uphold the constitution. Anything else is out of scope and a violation of state's rights. If you feel you need a father figure to manage your life for you that's YOUR problem, I suggest you move back in with your parents or head to California or something. I'm fine doing my thing, I don't need more bureaucratic bullshit complicating my life and I certainly don't need more of the paycheck I earn stolen and handed out to people who have not earned it. Considering that a greeter at Walmart can get health insurance I don't have much sympathy for people who claim they can't, how fucking lazy do you have to be if you can't get insured in this country?

maks
03-20-2012, 07:07 AM
I freely admit gush brought out the inner creep in me, whether I actually hoped to molest her (as she believed) or not.

I brought that up to illustrate the point that just maybe you're not right about everything and are perhaps out of line suggesting that you're entitled to my money. It's interesting that the folks who feel most passionately about this are typically criminals who fucked up their own lives, in the context of our little community I'm talking specifically about you and jennifer 'I had to turn my face away from my daughter so she wouldn't see me shoplifting for meth money' fogle.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 07:10 AM
I feel bad for them, I really do. That doesn't mean they're entitled to my money which I worked for. Charity is voluntary, what you're advocating is straight up barrel-of-a-gun wealth redistribution, it's wrong and it's unamerican.

It's part of how we won WW2, by charging 94% fucking tax on income in 1944 for couples making $250,000+
Granted that leaves them with at least $15k for the year, which was enough to survive very comfortably in those days. And they stayed and paid the tax instead of uprooting and moving to fucking cocos islands. They were in a total-war, but they were also patriots at heart.

But the tax brackets didn't decrease much for the "1%'ers" (back then the 0.001%'ers) until the reagan years, when it was decided it would be time to really test out the failed trickle-down economics experiement.

maks
03-20-2012, 07:16 AM
It's part of how we won WW2, by charging 94% fucking tax on income in 1944 for couples making $250,000+
Granted that leaves them with at least $15k for the year, which was enough to survive very comfortably in those days. And they stayed and paid the tax instead of uprooting and moving to fucking cocos islands. They were in a total-war, but they were also patriots at heart.

But the tax brackets didn't decrease much for the "1%'ers" (back then the 0.001%'ers) until the reagan years, when it was decided it would be time to really test out the failed trickle-down economics experiement.

It was necessary during WW2. We were fighting for our very existence. They promised it was a temporary measure until the war was over. Last I checked, though, Hitler and Tojo are long dead and I'm still paying a big chunk of my check to the feds. And people like you want to increase it another 10 or 15%, thanks, it's nice to know you have the best interests of the working man in mind.

Also, like I mentioned the other day (and you ignored), exxon paid 17% of its US income, about 1.3 billion dollars. Are you honestly suggesting the government is entitled to more than that? What would make you happy? 40%? 75%?

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 07:20 AM
I brought that up to illustrate the point that just maybe you're not right about everything and are perhaps out of line suggesting that you're entitled to my money. It's interesting that the folks who feel most passionately about this are typically criminals who fucked up their own lives, in the context of our little community I'm talking specifically about you and jennifer 'I had to turn my face away from my daughter so she wouldn't see me shoplifting for meth money' fogle.

If she's a crook then I have lost respect for her, and I think she denigrates the OWS/anon clusterfest of any serious, coherent message they might be able to agree on other than "boo scientology" and "yay cat pictures"
I on the other hand I'm not a crook, I've held a security clearance for a couple years now. I'm a good guy. When I was out of work for over a year (and not receiving public assistance either) I still volunteered, mostly just as a chance to meet more people and network for opportunities - not that it didn't feel good to spend time helping total strangers for free from starving to death. So don't you dare compare me to a criminal, a scumbag, or someone entitled to your money (not at this point in my life at least)

siburke939
03-20-2012, 07:29 AM
fucking sponger

maks
03-20-2012, 07:31 AM
If she's a crook then I have lost respect for her, and I think she denigrates the OWS/anon clusterfest of any serious, coherent message they might be able to agree on other than "boo scientology" and "yay cat pictures"
I on the other hand I'm not a crook, I've held a security clearance for a couple years now. I'm a good guy. When I was out of work for over a year (and not receiving public assistance either) I still volunteered, mostly just as a chance to meet more people and network for opportunities - not that it didn't feel good to spend time helping total strangers for free from starving to death. So don't you dare compare me to a criminal, a scumbag, or someone entitled to your money (not at this point in my life at least)

She's a total thief, got convicted and everything. flaggercat has her whole record and a copy of her mugshot. Apparently she had a big meth problem, used to shoplift from walmart and steal out of parked cars to support her habit.

I'm not calling you a scumbag, but unless you have prescriptions for those hundreds of pills you take you're certainly a criminal. So you volunteer, fine, that's great, I do too on occasion. There's a big difference between volunteering or donating vs having the government take your money from you under threat of jail to "help the less fortunate". Most importantly, once your money is in their coffers you have no control over how it's spent. Universal healthcare would be bad enough, but you have to be pretty naive to think they're not going to take the cash earmarked for that and spend it on some other bullshit. The only way we're going to regain control over spending in washington is to start chipping away at their money supply, that means less taxes and federal programs, not more.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 07:45 AM
And people like you want to increase it another 10 or 15%, thanks, it's nice to know you have the best interests of the working man in mind.

you're "the working man" or you're the 1%? it's virtually never both, so which are you

people getting 6-figure bonuses for tricking your neighbors into loans they couldn't afford and saddling banks with millions of foreclosed homes, sellable at a loss if at all - these people owe you and I both money.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Also, like I mentioned the other day (and you ignored), exxon paid 17% of its US income, about 1.3 billion dollars. Are you honestly suggesting the government is entitled to more than that? What would make you happy? 40%? 75%?

im still fact-checking this, honestly that was just a soundbyte and it may be distorted or plain wrong

siburke939
03-20-2012, 07:50 AM
fucking tree hugging lefty faggots ruined the UK don't let the USA be dragged down be this fuckwittery

siburke939
03-20-2012, 07:50 AM
i fucking hate hippies

maks
03-20-2012, 07:54 AM
im still fact-checking this, honestly that was just a soundbyte and it may be distorted or plain wrong

I linked you an article from a legitimate paper... Which is more likely, that they paid what the law requires them to or that they paid nothing and the feds just ignored it? come on bob use some common sense.

you're "the working man" or you're the 1%? it's virtually never both, so which are you

people getting 6-figure bonuses for tricking your neighbors into loans they couldn't afford and saddling banks with millions of foreclosed homes, sellable at a loss if at all - these people owe you and I both money.

Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Larry Ellison... None of these men ever worked a day in their lives, they just sat around and collected money, right?

Come on, you're drinking gallons of kool-aid here bob. Remember what I told you about sticking to the facts rather than bumper sticker slogans?

maks
03-20-2012, 07:55 AM
fucking tree hugging lefty faggots ruined the UK don't let the USA be dragged down be this fuckwittery

OWS will be the death of financial freedom in this country if they have their way.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 08:02 AM
christ i drive over the speed limit every day, im a huge criminal
doesnt mean im a crook

i've never done anything that violated anytone else's rights.
even if it was possible and ethical, stealing from your local wal*mart is not taking money out of sam walton's own pockets. i'm sorry to hear that's true about iggy, though i only looked at the massive amount of pics. I've never been able to read all the textwalls in megathreads - not ruby's not gush's, and certainly not flagler & co.'s

siburke939
03-20-2012, 08:10 AM
speeding does violate other peoples' rights you cretin

maks
03-20-2012, 08:10 AM
What makes you a crook is insisting that people are not entitled to their own money. I don't care how rich someone is, that's their money and you have no claim on it.

"stealing from your local wal*mart is not taking money out of sam walton's own pockets"

A very telling statement. It's no more justifiable to steal from Sam Walton than to steal from anyone else. You have this attitude that success is wrong and those who achieve it deserve to be punished, this seems prevalent among the OWS crowd and it's going to ruin this country if it gets out of hand. Sam Walton built an empire out of nothing, he deserves every dime he earned. He's not your enemy, he's what you should aspire to be. The last generation understood that, this one just wants everything handed to them. We're becoming a nation of perpetual children.

maks
03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
speeding does violate other peoples' rights you cretin

Putting people's lives at risk by racing around at 130mph certainly does, but he kind of has a point, the current speed limit system is fucking stupid. Generally around here the speed limit is 55mph, it was designed like 50 years ago for a previous generation of cars. Newer cars stop quicker and handle much better, we could easily afford to bump every highway up to 80 or 90 considering that's the speed most people are driving anyway. keeping it this low is nothing but a cash grab by the local municipalities.

siburke939
03-20-2012, 08:22 AM
my car is probably older than me it rattles at 40mph but i can still get 110mph out of the little fucker i doubt if i'd survive a crash it's a fucking death trap

maks
03-20-2012, 08:33 AM
I drive a 2006 Volkswagen, they're designed for the fucking autobahn I am not endangering anyone by doing 75mph at 3 in the morning

maks
03-20-2012, 08:34 AM
and fuck them for making me wear a seatbelt, another goddamned cash grab. It's no ones business but my own if I choose to endanger myself.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
What makes you a crook is insisting that people are not entitled to their own money. I don't care how rich someone is, that's their money and you have no claim on it.

"stealing from your local wal*mart is not taking money out of sam walton's own pockets"

A very telling statement. It's no more justifiable to steal from Sam Walton than to steal from anyone else. You have this attitude that success is wrong and those who achieve it deserve to be punished, this seems prevalent among the OWS crowd and it's going to ruin this country if it gets out of hand. Sam Walton built an empire out of nothing, he deserves every dime he earned. He's not your enemy, he's what you should aspire to be. The last generation understood that, this one just wants everything handed to them. We're becoming a nation of perpetual children.

You make profit by selling a service or product at a higher price than what it cost you.

Since money trees are losing their leaves so quickly now, there's less infinite money from the top to use to pay for the work and resources of all those procurers, be they producers, or distributors or some other middle-men.
Taxation/redistribution is a way of redistributing that wealth, so that the steel mill owner and the ore miner both have municipal garbage service, wastewater collection, social security, etc.
Taxation is not "punishment" it's patriotism. I don't see why people who don't like it just all move to some shithole without taxes like Somalia, and pay outta pocket for security, EMS/fire, sanitation, etc all by hand (if they even exist in your area)

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Putting people's lives at risk by racing around at 130mph certainly does, but he kind of has a point, the current speed limit system is fucking stupid. Generally around here the speed limit is 55mph, it was designed like 50 years ago for a previous generation of cars. Newer cars stop quicker and handle much better, we could easily afford to bump every highway up to 80 or 90 considering that's the speed most people are driving anyway. keeping it this low is nothing but a cash grab by the local municipalities.

and fuck them for making me wear a seatbelt, another goddamned cash grab. It's no ones business but my own if I choose to endanger myself.

you'll have no challenge me from re: any of this. The speed limit is a state-sponsored racket and my body ejecting is 1/1000 as likely to injure someone else as another element of the collision

maks
03-20-2012, 09:05 AM
You make profit by selling a service or product at a higher price than what it cost you.

Since money trees are losing their leaves so quickly now, there's less infinite money from the top to use to pay for the work and resources of all those procurers, be they producers, or distributors or some other middle-men.

There was never infinite money. It doesn't magically rain down from on high, economics is cyclical. The housing bubble was caused by a Clinton era mandate imposing a quota requiring them to lend to low-income (minority) applicants.

Wait, you mean well intentioned federal meddling directly caused the current recession? But I'm the 99%! goddamn it I don't want to hear that! More government is always good! Corporations are what's bad! BRB gotta pull out my iphone and bitch about this on twitter.

Taxation/redistribution is a way of redistributing that wealth, so that the steel mill owner and the ore miner both have municipal garbage service, wastewater collection, social security, etc.

Taxation is not nor should it be a way of redistributing wealth. It is a way of financing necessary services without which society would collapse. It belongs at the local level, there's no reason the federal government should be interacting with people on a personal level. We somehow managed to survive for almost 170 years without a federal income tax. Increasing that tax to pay for a nationwide healthcare mandate is not solving a problem, it is creating a new one.

Taxation is not "punishment" it's patriotism. I don't see why people who don't like it just all move to some shithole without taxes like Somalia, and pay outta pocket for security, EMS/fire, sanitation, etc all by hand (if they even exist in your area)

Using loaded statements like this which are inaccurate and not pertinent to the conversation like you're Michael fucking Moore isn't any better than spewing bumper sticker slogans bob, I thought we discussed that already.

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
There was never infinite money. It doesn't magically rain down from on high, economics is cyclical. The housing bubble was caused by a Clinton era mandate imposing a quota requiring them to lend to low-income (minority) applicants.

Nothing new about predatory lending, but you can point fingers at dozens of people for the surge in unchecked, wholesale abuse of mortgages, and later on in complex securities transactions which you'd have to have an MBA to understand fully yourself. Greed, in the form of the "someone else will just eat my dinner if I don't dig in now" logic. There's some special term for that in game theory.

We somehow managed to survive for almost 170 years without a federal income tax. Increasing that tax to pay for a nationwide healthcare mandate is not solving a problem, it is creating a new one.

Yeah, and the majority of that time we instead survived on slavery, child labor, other abusive labor practices, lack of unions, and probably much, much more.
Untapped stocks of natural resources supplies greatly outweighing their demand, and disconcern for environmental impact during this period had something to do with that as well, I'm sure.

Using loaded statements like this which are inaccurate and not pertinent to the conversation like you're Michael fucking Moore isn't any better than spewing bumper sticker slogans bob, I thought we discussed that already.

It often really just comes down to bumper-sticker logic for our main arguments. Excuse me for not being long-winded and proving every single single little point- then again Simon's already grading this as my term paper.

siburke939
03-20-2012, 09:41 AM
F-

ArchbshpDesmndPooPoo
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
I just voted in the republican primaries suck it commies

maks
03-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Nothing new about predatory lending, but you can point fingers at dozens of people for the surge in unchecked, wholesale abuse of mortgages, and later on in complex securities transactions which you'd have to have an MBA to understand fully yourself. Greed, in the form of the "someone else will just eat my dinner if I don't dig in now" logic. There's some special term for that in game theory.

Please explain how it is predatory to lend to someone who cannot pay you back, I don't understand how these banking institutions are benefitting from losing money

Yeah, and the majority of that time we instead survived on slavery, child labor, other abusive labor practices, lack of unions, and probably much, much more.
Untapped stocks of natural resources supplies greatly outweighing their demand, and disconcern for environmental impact during this period had something to do with that as well, I'm sure.

None of this has anything to do with the federal government. The shouldn't need a lot of money to function because they're not supposed to be really doing all that much. They hand billions to the states in exchange for the states meeting their (often arbitrary) demands. Why add this layer of complexity to it? Why not drop the federal income tax and just give that money to the state instead? Constitutionally they're the ones responsible for providing services.

It often really just comes down to bumper-sticker logic for our main arguments. Excuse me for not being long-winded and proving every single single little point- then again Simon's already grading this as my term paper.

That's bullshit bob. 'Bumper sticker logic' is when you shout some pre-canned slogan that may sound good at first but falls apart under the tiniest bit of scrutiny. You don't need to be long-winded to avoid saying things which are stupid and wrong.

maks
03-20-2012, 09:55 AM
I just voted in the republican primaries suck it commies

Ron Paul?

ArchbshpDesmndPooPoo
03-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Proposition To Take Away Bobhugs' Food Stamps And Drugs

Shall bobhugs' food stamps and drugs be taken away?

Yes
No

ArchbshpDesmndPooPoo
03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm not telling it is a secret ballot

maks
03-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Proposition to execute everyone who makes more money than me and put it on pay-per-view and then execute the guy who owns pay-per-view for making too much money off of it

Are corporations, like, bad and stuff?

Yes
No

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 10:22 AM
never needed food stamps, all my drugs come from insurance or gray market
i work for the fed in defense, it's a boring, inglorious job but the pay's enough and the benefits package is fucking 24k

maks
03-20-2012, 10:25 AM
So all this talk about how we need a heavier federal boot on our necks is completely self serving then, how convenient

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 10:25 AM
theres so much shit i would ask you again if i could be assured a heartfelt answer but theres just no way to separate out the dramatics

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
i can't talk about what i do, it's not fascinating but it's important. i help keep all you assholes safe and free.
it's war and strife both abroad and at home that keeps my lights on

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 10:29 AM
and that, makes me a hypocrite. what am i gonna sue myself for hypocrisy

maks
03-20-2012, 10:35 AM
theres so much shit i would ask you again if i could be assured a heartfelt answer but theres just no way to separate out the dramatics

I don't believe I've been dramatic about any of this. I'm a pragmatist and a realist. I'm not a wing-nut libertarian, I understand that some government services are necessary and would not work if they were privatized, but we still have a shitload of cutting to do especially at the federal level.

maks
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
and that, makes me a hypocrite. what am i gonna sue myself for hypocrisy

don't tell your bosses you're in here supporting a borderline terrorist organization like ows

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
i don't support ows, there's a reason they're incoherent and misunderstood and chock full of lazy long-term bums, drunks and dopers, fools who really did get degrees in shakespseare, and a few agentes provacateurs, not to mention just agents, there to infiltrate & observe.
theres also alot of people who have every right to be pissed. i think i have a right to be pissed that motorola and other local companies sent thousands of high-tech jobs that i was studying for to fucking india.

but yeah if ows were to turn violent i would do my sworn job to (help) kill them

siburke939
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
cool story secret agent bob

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
anybody thats not a criminal can do what i do, thats what makes me lucky as fuck to have it no matter how overqualified i am

lnopia the great
03-20-2012, 11:05 AM
what the fuck happened

siburke939
03-20-2012, 11:06 AM
shit just got real

blumpkin blownuts
03-20-2012, 11:06 AM
it got hot and broke a temperature record didnt you hear

lnopia the great
03-20-2012, 11:16 AM
yesterday was so above normal it was considered a statistically 1 in a 1000 years event

maks
03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
i don't support ows, there's a reason they're incoherent and misunderstood and chock full of lazy long-term bums, drunks and dopers, fools who really did get degrees in shakespseare, and a few agentes provacateurs, not to mention just agents, there to infiltrate & observe.
theres also alot of people who have every right to be pissed. i think i have a right to be pissed that motorola and other local companies sent thousands of high-tech jobs that i was studying for to fucking india.

but yeah if ows were to turn violent i would do my sworn job to (help) kill them

The jobs being outsourced are in support and manufacturing, there's nothing 'high tech' about that.

Plug Drugs
03-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Get this: next to lake Superior in the duluth-superior area, it was 50 degrees.
Less than 10 miles out of town, it was 78 degrees.
People literally flocked to town yesterday to get out of the heat

Desolation
03-20-2012, 03:45 PM
5 pages about the weather right?

maks
03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
close enough yeah

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 02:11 AM

really is it the lefty tree huggers that put a £30k camera pointing in every fucking window, and at the same time allowed for the "super-injunction" bullshit making it illegal to disclose any private details from everyone ranging from footballers to MP's? or was that the tories (commonwealth for 'NEOCONS')

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 02:22 AM
The jobs being outsourced are in support and manufacturing, there's nothing 'high tech' about that.

and you think im detached from reality? assembly & support are the jobs being returned here. that's low-tech.
as i've said over and fucking over, the high-tech jobs that required a 4yr engineering degree are the ones that were outsourced while I was obtaining said degree, and they didn't return. assembly programming, electronics design - the few american companies left to do this can only afford to stick around by offshoring engineering to india & china. Why hire american graduates when it's more economical to hire a team in fucking Hyderabad, particularly when we already paid for their student visas so that these foreigns have the same degree as I do, from the same fucking university?
Explain how this fucking trickles down to me, or benefits any Americans at all outside of shareholders/Wall St?

maks
03-21-2012, 05:57 AM
Explain how this fucking trickles down to me, or benefits any Americans at all outside of shareholders/Wall St?

Cheaper products.

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 06:19 AM
so a sale at best buy is worth sacrificing our technological and defensive edge we've squandered to foriegns
best troll ever

maks
03-21-2012, 06:27 AM
You asked how it benefitted any American, I told you. Not my fault you got screwed by globalization, I somehow managed to find work in the tech field without so much as a degree I'm confident you could have found something too if you spent a little more time looking for a job instead of popping pills until fjs becomes funny.

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 06:41 AM
my japanese car (built completely inside Japan, whereas Nissan, Honda used mostly american labr at the time) retailed at $60k new in 1995, non-adjusted for inflation. got it for a song, probably $3000 less what it was worth but she had to sell it fast and i needed a big comfy coupe fast. 6 years driving it and i average $600/yr in repairs. the particular original transmission used in this model has never been shown to fail, not even after multiple engine replacemetns. there's no blatant, obvious reason why toyota/nissan should have exceeded american automakers for quality in the 90s/early 80s, they were going to their own japanese universities. many, even on the left, blame the UAW and their entitlements to basically live like bums and not pay a dime for medical costs.

then there's my chinese-made CRT cost me $120 new 10 yrs ago, when they wanted to try instead and hawk some expensive new flatscreen (the display models must have put out a good 100 BTu when nearby, great for winter, but what happens in summer?) I was just looking at price tags and I just wanted a decent picture that I didn't expect to work more than 5-6 years.
well the motherfucker refuses to wear out or show any reduction in picture/video quality, and i refuse to replace anything in good-working condition being the kyke miser bastard i am. so i'm saddled with this $120 chinese TV (Konka brand, if you're interested) and just try to think too hard about it. "why is it so well-made, when much chinese shit isn't?" "are they stealing knowledge from american academics?" etc stuffi just cant control or be bothered to lose sleep about

maks
03-21-2012, 06:50 AM
"why is it so well-made, when much chinese shit isn't?"

China's a big country and makes millions of products, not all of it is shit.

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 06:51 AM
You asked how it benefitted any American, I told you. Not my fault you got screwed by globalization, I somehow managed to find work in the tech field without so much as a degree I'm confident you could have found something too if you spent a little more time looking for a job instead of popping pills until fjs becomes funny.

look we do similar jobs for similar companies, we're not gonna discuss specifics for obvious reasons. we could easily do each other's jobs.
but unless you did go to uni I don't think you can program an old moto 68k to poll sensor inputs from all over a complex and filter out the noise and expected patterns from the signatures of an uninvited or snooping guest on the premises, all in machine code. Well, I can. I did it in class for fuck's sake. I'm supposed to be making that - not Yam Wang Tanh in some chinese hellhole with his ruling political party & defense ministry officials watching over his shoulder.

maks
03-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Are you saying you can program in assembler code and cannot find a job doing that?

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 07:04 AM
That's what I'm saying.

MIPS R2000, Motorola 6800/68000
i can get a job programming HLL but that's not my better skill, C and the like. i'd rather stamp license plates than program C

maks
03-21-2012, 07:14 AM
You spent 4 years studying how to program for one specific ancient processor?

maks
03-21-2012, 07:15 AM
"I can't find a job writing code for a chip that was released in 1974 because outsourcing and stuff. I am the 99%."

maks
03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
seriously why would you study that? did you think the apple 2 was due for a comeback?

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 07:22 AM
it wasnt about the tools it was the theory
and theres still plnety of applications (home electronics, appliances) that dont require CPU more advanced than intel or AMD, or a really anything havier than a $0.25 Z-80

maks
03-21-2012, 07:25 AM
that's what ARM is for bob you need to stay current if you expect people to value your skills. how far do you think I'd have gotten if I refused to learn anything more current than DOS?

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 07:27 AM
i learned optimizing gate logic by hand using karnaugh maps, and also by using automatic optimization features in VLSI/layout editors
i learned the speed/reliability tradeoffs of various serial/parallel converters we designed for homework problems the previous night.

i learned to optimize a computer for whatever specific problem it's been asked to solve (how many clusters, how many cores, how much RAM, how much cache, how fast, how hot and how much power load?

boobz
03-21-2012, 07:28 AM
i post here exclusively on DOS my first IBM and a dial up modem. like vinyl records for sound, using an old IBM and dial up makes it more 'real' posting here

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 07:34 AM
that's what ARM is for bob you need to stay current if you expect people to value your skills. how far do you think I'd have gotten if I refused to learn anything more current than DOS?

american companies don't care if I know ARM from Super-H from "The Cell"
they have the real engineers do it from faraway places without running water
or they find some wasteoid from devry who can be taught "ladder logic" and waste expensive ass PLC and other little fuckin capsella toys as a design platform for $1000 a year tuition. I got scammed by the college education system that's all it comes down to. Could be the very same sharks that promised unqualified home borrowers their rates wouldn't go up if they made a single late payment.

maks
03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
american companies don't care if I know ARM from Super-H from "The Cell"
they have the real engineers do it from faraway places without running water
or they find some wasteoid from devry who can be taught "ladder logic" and waste expensive ass PLC and other little fuckin capsella toys as a design platform for $1000 a year tuition. I got scammed by the college education system that's all it comes down to. Could be the very same sharks that promised unqualified home borrowers their rates wouldn't go up if they made a single late payment.

I'm finding it hard to believe that you were scammed, one has to have their head pretty far up their ass to not realize that technology is evolving at light speed and studying a processor from the early 70's might not be the best career choice. sure, fine, the motorola 6400 is still used. it's used in FURBYS. the cpu in my $80 router would run circles around that thing. you might as well bitch that someone tricked you into studying horse drawn carriage design, you can't blame other people for your mistakes.

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 07:42 AM
CPU's are like internal combustion engines...
it all operates on the same general principles; this is what you keep failing to see

maks
03-21-2012, 07:42 AM
as for these home buyers, they should know that you get these promises in writing or they doesn't exist. every example you've given so far has been of stupid people paying the price for being stupid. that's not a sign of the degradation of society, it's just plain darwinism.

maks
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
CPU's are like internal combustion engines...
it all operates on the same general principles; this is what you keep failing to see

that's not even close to true. different architectures are drastically different, especially with a low level language like asm

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 07:50 AM
that's not even close to true. different architectures are drastically different, especially with a low level language like asm

but they effect the same thing
input gets out of ROM and into process, the result gets stored

a carefully-designed shaft turns under the power of chemistry, and puts the vehicle in a different place

when you've worked on enough different kinds, you realize what parts are always in common and what parts just extra, or maybe included in some new design to try out, like a table-lookahead buffer or a branch prediction engine. or a cache manager that can score cache hits anywhere from 10% to 90%, based on the kind of simulation being benched

lnopia the great
03-21-2012, 08:00 AM
find a new career in something more static and maybe you won't be so angry

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 08:04 AM
tell me of something, anything in life, that's truely "static" and you'll cheer me up some

lnopia the great
03-21-2012, 08:13 AM
my career is pretty much independent of any economic situation, always in demand, and fundamentally hasn't changed in 100 years other then technological improvements in its methods

ArchbshpDesmndPooPoo
03-21-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm gonna buy some cows and sell raw milk to rich ponytails on the black market

lnopia the great
03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
you could buy cows and sell farmer fresh no gmo/hormone free milk for a growing organic market

blumpkin blownuts
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
the two extremes
selling your own untreated milk whether or not your diary cattle took a roll in their own shit this morning to relieve swollen udders
and full FDA control and state dairy board licenses, crooks with one hand in their pocket and the other one holding up an "O.K." sign

lnopia the great
03-21-2012, 10:09 AM
cows don't roll

siburke939
03-21-2012, 10:10 AM
http://www.christies.com/lotfinderimages/D53598/a_steiff_mohair_cow_on_wheels_brown_and_white_black_boot_button_eyes_w_d5359848h.jpg

syncan aka ken post jr
03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
"i live in a van down by the river" - my television circa 1997

Gentleman Doli
03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
my career is pretty much independent of any economic situation, always in demand, and fundamentally hasn't changed in 100 years other then technological improvements in its methods

I too am a prostitut. :smg:g:g

lnopia the great
03-21-2012, 02:00 PM
do you need a pimp :posting:

maks
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
tell me of something, anything in life, that's truely "static" and you'll cheer me up some

Undertakers.

maks
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
http://www.christies.com/lotfinderimages/D53598/a_steiff_mohair_cow_on_wheels_brown_and_white_black_boot_button_eyes_w_d5359848h.jpg

they see me rollin

siburke939
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
:spinnaz:

blumpkin blownuts
03-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Why couldn't I figure it out my first two years of college when my mind was at its sharpest? How did I miss the writing on the wall, the fact that every <State> Institute of Technology or <State> Technological Institute consisted of at most 30% American citizens in the student body, no matter the state wither it was Caltech or fucking Kentucky Tech.
We all graduated, I went home to TN, Kadeer went home to Mudhut-istan, and he's eating my dinner because his employer (what shoulda been MY employer) doesn't have to pay for overtime, FMLA, environmental, etc in some vulnerable third-world shitpit. Not to mention paying his curry-stained ass $9000 a year is pretty hard to pass up vs an American with comparable (if not slightly better qualifications) that will cost you $45,00 plus benefits, plus government oversight.

blumpkin blownuts
03-22-2012, 07:26 AM
At least marks is the first person that will seriously try to change my mind out of all whom I've discussed this with from the "tea party" or hard-libertarian mentality.
Everyone else just tells me and my talking points to go fuck themselves, ala "wahhh whatta liberal crybaby no wonder nobody has hired you"
Too bad if you think I talk out of my ass, as opposed to personal experience of myself and classmates, but it's rare I parrot someone soundbytes (despite being guilty of an occasional indulgence) but honestly you seem to usually make up your own fuckin mind for yourself, and I respect that.

blumpkin blownuts
03-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Let's not forgot I worked a 3rd shift drive-thru within a year if graduate in CpE befire I got sick of the emotional drainage frim people lirerally saing Lol you work at a mcdonalds, do you see my awesome car and pretty girlfriend, how do you fee" (to which I answered I feel like leting the shift leader, put up with youm, good-night, to loud, confused niggers who cant read a menu are ae in drivehtru 3-4x time withing 40 minutes and threatening to shoot you, to greasy tramps flashing me and asking for my number, to catching DUI peckerwoods pissing by the dumpster)
then i supported systems for marketing junk mail (snail mail)
then i worked as a video editor & (free Profressor Windows) supporting PR goons and even more marketing thugs

now i seriously make a difference in our servicmens' lives, though it's boring work compared to programming eeproms and assembly rotines
but thats about to change, i have a mentor whose done everyhting in the army I've ever wanted to od (whick is alot)

maks
03-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Things like raising the minimum wage or forcing employers to offer new perks is only going to make this worse

lnopia the great
03-22-2012, 04:01 PM
now i seriously make a difference in our servicmens' lives, though it's boring work compared to programming eeproms and assembly rotines
but thats about to change, i have a mentor whose done everyhting in the army I've ever wanted to od (whick is alot)

what do you do in the military? i was (am) considering enlisting as a non combattant geomatics person (land survey/map making) because it looks like it would be a fun experience for a couple of years

siburke939
03-22-2012, 04:05 PM
my ex killed one of them afghani dudes on that pack of cards "most wanted" thingy by tracking him & calling in an airstrike while i was amongst the first to land there what have you done to help your country today

Plug Drugs
03-22-2012, 05:57 PM
and methadone is another drug i'll never try, way too risky since im a polydrug user
the closest i can get to death is my brain "zeroes out" and i slump over in such a way that my airway locks open, so i still must be getting oxygen through diffusion rather than mechanical breathing

i used to could get there with 120mg oxy/150mgeq morphine, plus 4oz whiskey, 2-4mg alprazolam, and 50-100 mg promethazine
now i throw barbiturates and DXM in the mix and i can still barely get a nod. I refuse to inject though, or pay some dritbag out the ass for heroin when everything else i can get for price of fucking tapwater

if you dont use opiates for a few weeks your tolerance completely goes back to baseline. I thought I had a permanent tolerance for a long time, but last night was my first night using opiates in almost a month, and I actually 'felt' 15mg of hydrocodone. It didn't give me a nod mind you, but I 'felt' it. I thought it was a miracle, because normally I don't even bother with hydrocodone because a few times I had eaten 75mg of it and felt absolutely nothing.

About a month ago I had a 120mg/day oxy habit or 45mg/day methadone, whichever was easier to get (methadone was invariably cheaper, but would slightly block my oxy high for a few days afterwards so I usually chose oxy when I could afford it).
But anyways, the point is that my tolerance is actually lower right now than it has been in years, after just one month of not using any opiates.

I'm happy with where I'm at with opiates right now; I don't have a job so I can't do them every day and skyrocket my tolerance again. I can only afford to have a few day long binge every 1-2 weeks, but now I don't have to worry about tolerance or whether I'm going to be sick if I can't find another dose

syncan aka ken post jr
03-22-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/music/wallpapers/motley-crue-dr-feelgood.jpg

Plug Drugs
03-22-2012, 06:01 PM
nice broken image

syncan aka ken post jr
03-22-2012, 06:02 PM
i can see it and that's all that matters

syncan aka ken post jr
03-22-2012, 06:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VUDiI.jpg

Plug Drugs
03-22-2012, 06:06 PM
is that a side effect of an antibiotic?

blumpkin blownuts
03-22-2012, 10:34 PM
yeah best way to reset tolerance is just to suck it up and kick for awhile. ive never needed help to kick but if i did i would much rather go back on sub than take methadone. only thing about sub is it wont really precipitate w/d like most ppl claim (thats the diff b/t subuxone and subutex, subutex containsd fucking narcan). but also if you take suboxone with the right cocktail, it'll fuck you up a lot harder than hc, oc, hm etc.. so even with sub you have to wanna quit or you'll just endp addicted to another substance.
kicking's great though, once you're past the first week of w/d and can stop shaking and shitting everywhere it feels kinda cool to not be done up all the time. plus when you restart then you can keep your tolerance artifically low for several weeks by co-adminning 45-50mg DXM with your opiate

maks
03-22-2012, 10:41 PM
opiate addictions are a lot of fucking work apparently

lnopia the great
03-22-2012, 10:42 PM
and thats why i dont pop pills or shoot heroin

Plug Drugs
03-22-2012, 11:09 PM
a lot of people told me sub was the shit, even my dealer
but better than hydromorphone? i dont know, i've been skeptical about it. I'm skeptical of most of the synthetics, they feel too 'dirty' and don't hit that "totally relaxed" sweet-spot that morphine or the codones/morphones hit

Plug Drugs
03-22-2012, 11:11 PM
hearing junkies saying things like "i plug my bupe" (which i thought was hilarious) is the reason i made the name "plug drugs"

Plug Drugs
03-23-2012, 12:01 AM

Also your anology isn't really applicable because most things not provided are elective surgeries, like boob jobs.
"what you want" is typically what's best for you. If a person goes to a doctor already knowing what medication they would like to be prescribed, they are very rarely satisfied when they leave the doctor unless they got the hot new medication they wanted. It's like a placebo effect. Even if something is clinically more likely to give you results, your mind's own psychosomatic influence will make you believe your still "sick" unless you got what you "think" is going to make you feel better.

blumpkin blownuts
03-23-2012, 05:34 AM
a lot of people told me sub was the shit, even my dealer
but better than hydromorphone? i dont know, i've been skeptical about it. I'm skeptical of most of the synthetics, they feel too 'dirty' and don't hit that "totally relaxed" sweet-spot that morphine or the codones/morphones hit

hmm... how well do you tolerate demerol? tramadol? even though bupe is still an opiate it's very-highly substituted.
and that's generally the case - that if you have trouble enjoying or tolerating many synthetics (or bupe), then yeah, best to avoid them all completely

hahah plugging bupe, if you decide to try some you wanna rail it. i've plugged a drug or two in my day but only tried with oramorph & certain stimulants (βk-MDMA worked really well up the cornhole) but with most stuff (particularly opiates) if eating or railing won't work, i'll just pass

blumpkin blownuts
03-23-2012, 05:36 AM
just remember bupe builds tolerance fast & is addictive as fuck, theres just no feeling in the world like believing that another chemical is your only chance to quit an older chemical, and ending up addicted to both

also you'll get bad side fx taking it 45-60 days or longer (as in taking it every day or almost every day)

and you have to mix it if you're taking it to get high, you gotta coadmin a benz/barb plus a stronger antihistamine than DPH, you'll need atarax or phenergan. but yeah a 2mg sub, a 2mg bar, and 50mg phenergan could do me just as easily as an 8 of hm, at like 1/3-1/4 the price of that overpriced shit.
funny about names, i used to have a screenname somewhere of just "Dilaudid" before the niggers on the east side (only way to get it) started trying to charge me $10 for a fuckin M2

blumpkin blownuts
03-23-2012, 05:51 AM
also hi Cid,
I swear on my eyes that I'm really not a dirtbag i just like to get loose in the privacy of my own home

Garfield
03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
grey goose will get ya girl feelin loose

Gentleman Doli
03-23-2012, 02:01 PM
do you guys order drugs from mycoolpharmacy.tx or are we talking shady dealers here

lnopia the great
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
"what you want" is typically what's best for you. If a person goes to a doctor already knowing what medication they would like to be prescribed, they are very rarely satisfied when they leave the doctor unless they got the hot new medication they wanted. It's like a placebo effect. Even if something is clinically more likely to give you results, your mind's own psychosomatic influence will make you believe your still "sick" unless you got what you "think" is going to make you feel better.

I don't think health care covers "babysitting emotions"