PDA

View Full Version : going schizo

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
join me?

if i wasnt trying to act together i'd probably almost appreciate this like its a psychedelic experience,
but, i have been stationed with guilt by everybody, and until i can say fair and square that i've "done my share", ill have to be concerned rather than entertained

anyways, do you ever feel like you can't tell the difference between imagination and reality? I'm there; that can be a scary state of mind when you're introspecting about your own ego, but then again, has anyone ever really known a difference between imagination and reality when it comes to one's ego?

We perceive two different entities: one good, one evil; one right, one wrong -- but isn't there really just one entity - or perhaps a swirl, a fractal-esque amount of entities?
the saying "i would have done differently in your shoes" can never be true, because when you're truly in someone's else's shoes, you do the same things they do.
Where does free will come into play, and doesn't it contradict morality? How can choice exist, and how can anyone be held accountable for their actions -- if one's actions are predetermined, but the emotions we feel have value, then how can one be punished for something they were going to do anyways inescapably? Doesn't the future come at us on a set course, and we only have a dim flashlight created out of experience to show us what may lie ahead?

This must be where religion first came into play - even if it was done subconsciously, religion was really a means of communicating guidelines for others, and future generations.

At first religion was just elaborate story-telling, a shaman giving explanations for the mysterious and unexplainable, sitting around a campfire at night with his fellow tribe members. This was a way for the shaman - the individual dedicated to bringing everyone together under the light of clarity - to communicate what he felt on gut instinct was best for the tribe; which animal to hunt, how to solve a dilemma or dispute amongst tribe members, etc..

It then evolved into paganism - a pantheon of Gods - that same old shamanistic principle now roaring as a response to the onset of civilization.

But they were still just stories then as well, and this was commonly understood. The 'Gods', representing the various archetypes of humanity and civilization, were in a spectrum with each other; dichotomous "right" and "wrong" had yet to come about.

And then, as the repetition of great errors made by civilization became evident, we ingeniously applied science to our artistic expression; they were no longer just stories someone made pertaining to their own experiences, no longer just archetypes, but now a "right" and "wrong" had been determined, "good" and "bad" were made law:
it became agreed upon that in order for anyone to advance any further in humanity's development, we must recognize loving everyone as the greatest virtue.

Whether for better or worse, we'd still be in a permanent loop of equal parts hate, lust, envy, and sorrow if we hadn't underwent that paradigm shift.

Although it is not as if religion were ever some sort of optional extra for civilization; it was all part of an intertwined process, and the "brave steps" the "prophets" and "saints" took actually reflect milestones in the direction of mankind collectively.

rootbeer
06-27-2013, 12:01 PM
BAN

always stevey
06-27-2013, 12:06 PM
you're a creepy ass cracker whose insane.

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Autism is a sociological phenomenon caused by a little bit of all the speculated reasons -- but it is more of a sociological problem than it is a personal psychological or neurophysical problem, as there is nothing truly dysfunctional in the mind of the autistic - rather it is the opposite: there is nothing wrong with them, or rather, their environment, and the emotions and behavior we deem "normal" have nothing to develop out of. This is because our emotions and behavior only exist dependent on external factors - as in, they somehow pertain to survival.
In our modern society, survival is truly not that large of a concern, and therefore any behaviors which we deem "normal" related to survival could only be perpetuated by causes we inflict upon ourselves.

Individuals who are autistic "missed out" on being exposed to those survival-rooted behaviors during a critical stage in childhood development; they weren't exposed to those "normal behaviors" as they'd develop naturally, and this cascaded into an inability to ever be able to learn them.

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Anyone got any modern-day mysteries that need solving? We covered autism and the phenomenon of religion being an evolutionary mechanism, anything else?

always stevey
06-27-2013, 12:11 PM
yes i no ur dysfunctional and socially inept.

Gentleman Doli
06-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Anyone got any modern-day mysteries that need solving? We covered autism and the phenomenon of religion being an evolutionary mechanism, anything else?

The Mystery of the Fly in the Apartment pt. 2: The Mystery of the Fly in the Apartment

sex with dead people
06-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Stop doing drugs you fuckin retard.

Autistic Spectrum
06-27-2013, 12:14 PM
The mystery of lisa, where's lisa right now? what's lisa doing right now? is lisa thinking about me right now? is lisa talking about me right now? why didn't lisa return any of my messages? lisa

Gentleman Doli
06-27-2013, 12:15 PM
I had sex with the old archaic gods of ancient canaan (c.f. YHWH and his "Asherah" inscrption in the valley of the Sinai) and it gave me ab oner.

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 12:15 PM
The Mystery of the Fly in the Apartment pt. 2: The Mystery of the Fly in the Apartment

I know that feel bro.
Maybe the universe is a hologram, and the fly literally "spawned" mid air in your room while you weren't looking;
just kidding, it probably came in with you when you opened the door

Autistic Spectrum
06-27-2013, 12:16 PM
is lisa taking a shower, is that why shes not online right now? maybe if i get her a waterproof computer she can post and shower at that same time,

always stevey
06-27-2013, 12:17 PM
and maybe you're just dumb lol

Gentleman Doli
06-27-2013, 12:18 PM
I know that feel bro.
Maybe the universe is a hologram, and the fly literally "spawned" mid air in your room while you weren't looking;
just kidding, it probably came in with you when you opened the door

I dont care

Autistic Spectrum
06-27-2013, 12:18 PM
i wonder what lisa would post if she saw this thread, i would hope she would quote my post with a hearty

lol

but i bet she would just call me codys friend and a part of the loser brigrade

Autistic Spectrum
06-27-2013, 12:20 PM
i wonder if she's really gone for good because of the forum header, i mean cody and cag are huge fags, but just because you get grouped in with them on a gif, i mean, lisa, come BACK I MISS YOU SO MUCH LISA,,, YOUR MY EVERYTHING

Gentleman Doli
06-27-2013, 12:20 PM
she would say:

Why are you STILL talking about me? I can't leave this forum for five minutes without you obsessed losers bringing me up in every single conversation. Oh, and

FUCK OFF Michael, you're so stupid it's unbelievable.

sex with dead people
06-27-2013, 12:21 PM
The mystery of lisa, where's lisa right now? what's lisa doing right now? is lisa thinking about me right now? is lisa talking about me right now? why didn't lisa return any of my messages? lisa

is lisa taking a shower, is that why shes not online right now? maybe if i get her a waterproof computer she can post and shower at that same time,

i wonder what lisa would post if she saw this thread, i would hope she would quote my post with a hearty

lol

but i bet she would just call me codys friend and a part of the loser brigrade

Stop it, now i'm starting to miss her

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 12:39 PM
future of civilization:
- we reach a pinnacle of technological development with no major pitfalls, and everyone in the future will be either austistic or a "value creator" (as in, capable of 'creating' a sense of meaning in the absence of any) -- also referred to by Nietzsche as the "Ubermensch"

- a small ring of individuals (the government, a guild of corporations, etc) reaches the pinnacle before humanity as a whole does; in this event, the human race could possibly enter a state of permanent slavery - or, if righteousness prevails within that small ring of individuals, it could end up being a positive and humanity will be permanently ensured protection of individual life and liberty rather than deprived of it. So this is a gamble. It depends on the personal politics within a small ring of individuals, if more of them happen to be bad guys rather than good guys at heart, the entire species is fucked.

- if everyone suddenly unanimously agreed that reverting the development of civilization is the way to go, we could revert things back to an era where personal achievement was optimum for the average human: i.e., the city-state set-up of Ancient Greece.. We could keep all the knowledge and information we've gained, like our knowledge of medicine and computers, but then cut out all the other shit. We could then live comfortably for a few more billion years until some celestial cataclysm occurs that we couldn't have prevented anyways.

I'm not one to say which option is the right one; they all seem to have possible pros and cons and none of them seem inherently "right" or "wrong" (assuming none of them are guaranteed to result in either utopia or dystopia). Actually, we might not even have a choice in the matter, it could be all mathematical at this point, and it might be mathematically improbable to get everyone on the same page to even start talking about it before the pinnacle is reached.

Autistic Spectrum
06-27-2013, 12:42 PM
lisa,,,pls, lisa...

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 12:49 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsZYmtyT6Q-ngFRIeQz2I_wD7h2xAi3BZy0Q_pKyVXXQo_QpuF

always stevey
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
what are you doing pluggy? whats the reasoning behind all this drabble? is it drugs? badly damaged ego? you cut your dick off and send it to lisa finally?

steveyos
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
best megathread since ytmnsfw became rubycalaber.com

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:01 PM
let's tackle physics.
In short, space is literally created by the light that travels through it; space is the residue light leaves behind as it propagates.
This means that there is "something" other than space in space, allowing space to be maintained. Now, any particle having mass pushes this "something" out of its way, because two different things can not occupy the same exact location at the same time.

So as you can see, "mass" by its very definition is a "bending of space" rather than an "occupying of space."
Thus, the grid of space-time is warped by the presence of any particles with mass, resulting in the phenomenon of gravitation - as there is literally 'more space to move to' in the direction of other particles; and since any particle with mass is, by the nature of mass, in many places at once - and, by the nature of thermodynamics, any particle with mass has kinetic energy - therefore,matter is inclined to travel further along the grid of space in the direction of other matter, resulting simply from the geometry of space and the fact that matter is technically always moving (in our current understanding of thermodynamics, a particle with a temperature of absolute zero actually ceases to exist, as it can no longer interact with anything - a particle has to have some amount of energy/temperature to be able to interact at all).

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:11 PM
The reason space is generated by light is because the speed of light is the standard for literally every form of measurement that exists. You can't measure energy without measuring change, and you can't measure change without measuring time/distance, and time/distance can't be measured since they are relative - the only thing that is constant is the speed of light, and therefore it is the only real unit of measurement we have.
Without light, you can't have space.

Autistic Spectrum
06-27-2013, 01:12 PM
lisa, how do photons move, across dicks, let's lick off some neutrons till we are nothing but particles, lisa, my love,,,

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:14 PM
the curve, contour, and concavity/convexity that space is bent/warped in determines the charge, color, flavor, and spin of a particle

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:16 PM
can i get a nobel prize for that?

always stevey
06-27-2013, 01:17 PM
one day you're gonna captain your own starship

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:19 PM
that's literally head on the nail, and i'm the first who said it, do i win anything??

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
copyright Michael bushpigbushpigbushpigbushpig 2013

always stevey
06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
plug drugs, the nikola tesla of rubynet, will die poor and pennyless.

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:26 PM
that leaves some very large unanswered questions about the nature of mass though;
it implies that there are more than one tier of space - grab on to your butts: the particles with mass are demonstrating spatial properties via another dimension;
there is nothing actually there where the mass is, it's just a rip in what would be an otherwise uninterrupted grid of space.

You know what this means? That there is more than one dimension, and the other dimension (there is at least one more) has a different speed of light.

always stevey
06-27-2013, 01:27 PM
put down yur copy of a brief history of time and pick up a job instead, pluggy. it's for the best

sex with dead people
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
No wonder Lisa dropped you. Whores don't care about stupid shit like this. You should've stuck to talking about sharing cum loads with her or picking off each other's scabs and shit

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:30 PM
When a photon comes within proximity of a photon from a different dimension, it contradicts our universe's space-time grid, ripping it where the interaction took place.

always stevey
06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
really if he wanted lisa to love him, he should have treated her like shit. nice, passive-agressive, cold and calculating guys like pluggy finish last.

always stevey
06-27-2013, 01:34 PM
plug drugs is literally infatuated and addicted to lisa, and will calculate any way he can get a reaction out of her, whether its positive or negative. Co-dependancy at it's finest.

macpro
06-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Claire, your posts make my cock throb.

sex with dead people
06-27-2013, 01:36 PM
I want to engage in sex acts with both of them

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Mass is the effect which results when photons from different dimensions traveling at different speeds come within proximity of each other.
Since the other-dimensional photon is traveling at a different speed, distances and euclidean dimensions of height/width/length are skewed between the two, and the other-dimensional photon leaves a hole as it passes through our dimension; where space is bent.

Autistic Spectrum
06-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Are you there Lisa?, it's me mike bushpigbushpigbushpigbushpig..

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 02:35 PM
All the particles in our universe all interacted with each other simultaneously in a point of singularity during the big bang, which means they are all in the same frame of reference with each other in regards to the big bang; "quantum entanglement" if you will. This is the reason light moves at the same speed in our universe; because everything in our universe is in the same frame of reference.

Different universes have different constants for the speed of light;

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 02:37 PM
i do not care about lisa, give me some feedback on my physics ideas

always stevey
06-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Claire, your posts make my cock throb.

ugh, pls stop. have mercy this is so fucking disgusting

Camoron
06-27-2013, 03:01 PM

your a fuckng retard lol

always stevey
06-27-2013, 03:05 PM
marcos is harrassing me with horse dicks today

Gentleman Doli
06-27-2013, 03:05 PM
marcos is harrassing me with horse dicks today

:(

Gentleman Doli
06-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Cag!

sex with dead people
06-27-2013, 03:09 PM

How much cum do you think you could ingest before the amount becomes too much for your stomach to contain and you feel the need to expel it back out of your mouth?

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 03:24 PM
how do i measure the amount of cum? what is a milliliter?? volume; length/width/height -- illusory

Camoron
06-27-2013, 03:38 PM
plug drugs, the nikola tesla of rubynet, will die poor and pennyless.

his true genius will be realized by the next generation of posters...

lnopia the great
06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
painting a bullseye around his bullet holes is exactly how plug drugs uses logic

jon
06-27-2013, 05:56 PM
un

jon
fucking

jon
believeable

maks
06-27-2013, 06:15 PM

what kind of force + acceleration is necessary to make you leave this forum forever

blumpkin blownuts
06-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Phi value analysis is an experimental protein engineering method used to study the structure of the folding transition state in small protein domains that fold in a two-state manner. Since the folding transition state is by definition a transient and partially unstructured state, its structure is difficult to determine by traditional methods such as protein NMR or X-ray crystallography. In phi-value analysis, the folding kinetics and conformational folding stability of the wild-type protein are compared with those of one or more point mutants. This comparison yields a phi value that seeks to measure the mutated residue's energetic contribution to the folding transition state (and thus the degree of native structure around the mutated residue in the transition state) from the relative free energies of the unfolded state, the folded state and the transition state for the wild-type and mutant proteins.

Typically, a high fraction of the protein's residues are mutated one by one to identify clusters of residues that are well-ordered in the folded transition state. The interactions of these residues can be validated using double-mutant-cycle phi analysis, in which the effects of the single mutants are compared with those of the double mutant. In general, the mutations are conservative and replace the original residue with a smaller one (cavity-creating mutations), most commonly alanine; however, others such as tyrosine-to-phenylalanine, isoleucine-to-valine and threonine-to-serine mutations are also used. Examples of proteins that have been studied by phi value analysis include chymotrypsin inhibitor, SH3 domains, individual domains of proteins L and G, ubiquitin, and barnase.

Phi value analysis fundamentally assumes a close relationship between structure and energy. If the energy landscape has a well-defined and relatively deep global minimum, the resemblance of a folding intermediate structure to the native state may closely correlate with the energy of that structure. However, if the energy landscape is relatively flat or has many local minima, the relationship may not hold strongly enough for free energy destabilizations to provide useful structural information. The method also assumes that the folding pathway is not significantly altered, although the folding energies may be. For nonconservative mutations this assumption might be fundamentally flawed; thus conservative substitutions are preferred, though they may yield smaller energetic destabilizations that are thus more difficult to detect experimentally. Lastly, the restriction of the phi value range as necessarily nonnegative assumes that the introduction of a mutation will not increase the stability and thus lower the energy of either the native or the transition state relative to those of the wild-type protein. Also, it is implicitly assumed that the interactions that stabilize a folding transition state are native-like in nature. Many recent studies of protein folding, however, have suggested that stabilizing non-native interactions in a folding transition state may aid in folding. An elegant example of this is given in Zarrine-Afsar et al. (2008) PNAS, where authors have demonstrated that stabilizing non-native interaction in the Fyn SH3 domain actually accelerated the folding rate of this protein.

blumpkin blownuts
06-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Postmodernism is a term which describes the postmodernist movement in the arts, its set of cultural tendencies and associated cultural movements. It is in general the era that follows Modernism. It frequently serves as an ambiguous overarching term for skeptical interpretations of culture, literature, art, philosophy, economics, architecture, fiction, and literary criticism. It is often associated with deconstruction and post-structuralism because its usage as a term gained significant popularity at the same time as twentieth-century post-structural thought.One of the most well-known postmodernist concerns is "deconstruction", a concern for philosophy, literary criticism, and textual analysis developed by Jacques Derrida. The notion of a "deconstructive" approach implies an analysis that questions the already evident deconstruction of a text in terms of presuppositions, ideological underpinnings, hierarchical values, and frames of reference. A deconstructive approach further depends on the techniques of close reading without reference to cultural, ideological, moral opinions or information derived from an authority over the text such as the author. At the same time Derrida famously writes: "Il n'y a pas de hors-texte (there is no such thing as outside-of-the-text)." Derrida implies that the world follows the grammar of a text undergoing its own deconstruction. Derrida's method frequently involves recognizing and spelling out the different, yet similar interpretations of the meaning of a given text and the problematic implications of binary oppositions within the meaning of a text. Derrida's philosophy influenced a postmodern movement called deconstructivism among architects, characterized by the intentional fragmentation, distortion, and dislocation of architectural elements in designing a building. Derrida discontinued his involvement with the movement after the publication of his collaborative project with architect Peter Eisenmann in Chora L Works: Jacques Derrida and Peter Eisenman.

Structuralism was a philosophical movement developed by French academics in the 1950s, partly in response to French Existentialism. It has been seen variously as an expression of Modernism, High modernism, or postmodernism. "Post-structuralists" were thinkers who moved away from the strict interpretations and applications of structuralist ideas. Many American academics consider post-structuralism to be part of the broader, less well-defined postmodernist movement, even although many post-structuralists insisted it was not. Thinkers who have been called structuralists include the anthropologist Claude Lévi-Strauss, the linguist Ferdinand de Saussure, the Marxist philosopher Louis Althusser, and the semiotician Algirdas Greimas. The early writings of the psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan and the literary theorist Roland Barthes have also been called structuralist. Those who began as structuralists but became post-structuralists include Michel Foucault, Roland Barthes, Jean Baudrillard, Gilles Deleuze. Other post-structuralists include Jacques Derrida, Pierre Bourdieu, Jean-François Lyotard, Julia Kristeva, Hélène Cixous, and Luce Irigaray. The American cultural theorists, critics and intellectuals they influenced include Judith Butler, John Fiske, Rosalind Krauss, Avital Ronell, and Hayden White.

Post-structuralism is not defined by a set of shared axioms or methodologies, but by an emphasis on how various aspects of a particular culture, from its most ordinary, everyday material details to its most abstract theories and beliefs, determine one another. Post-structuralist thinkers reject Reductionism and Epiphenomenalism and the idea that cause-and-effect relationships are top-down or bottom-up. Like structuralists, they start from the assumption that people's identities, values and economic conditions determine each other rather than having intrinsic properties that can be understood in isolation. Thus the French structuralists considered themselves to be espousing Relativism and Constructionism. But they nevertheless tended to explore how the subjects of their study might be described, reductively, as a set of essential relationships, schematics, or mathematical symbols. (An example is Claude Lévi-Strauss's algebraic formulation of mythological transformation in "The Structural Study of Myth"[5]). Post-structuralists thinkers went further, questioning the existence of any distinction between the nature of a thing and its relationship to other things.

Post-Structuralists generally reject the notion of formulations of “essential relations” in primitive cultures, languages, or descriptions of psychological phenomena being forms of Aristotelianism, Rationalism, or Idealism. Another common thread among thinkers associated with the Post-Structuralist movement is the criticism of the absolutist, quasi-scientific claims of Structuralist theorists as more reflective of the mechanistic bias[6] inspired by bureaucratization and industrialization than of the inner-workings of actual primitive cultures, languages or psyches. Generally, Post-structuralists emphasize the inter-determination and contingency of social and historical phenomena with each other and with the cultural values and biases of perspective. Such realities were not to be dissected, in the manner of some Structuralists, as a system of facts that could exist independently from values and paradigms (either those of the analysts or the subjects themselves), but to be understood as both causes and effects of each other. For this reason, most Post-structuralists hold a more open-ended view of function within systems than did Structuralists and were sometimes accused of circularity and ambiguity. Post-structuralists countered that, when closely examined, all formalized claims describing phenomena, reality, or truth, rely on some form of circular reasoning and self-referential logic that is often paradoxical in nature. Thus, it was important to uncover the hidden patterns of circularity, self-reference and paradox within a given set of statements rather than feign objectivity, as such an investigation might allow new perspectives to have influence and new practices to be sanctioned or adopted. In this latter respect, Post-structuralists were, as a group, continuing the philosophical project initiated by Martin Heidegger, who saw themselves as extending the implications of Friedrich Nietzsche's work.

Post-structuralist writing tends to connect observations and references from many, widely varying disciplines into a synthetic view of knowledge and its relationship to experience, the body, society and economy - a synthesis in which it sees itself as participating. Structuralists, while also somewhat inter-disciplinary, were more comfortable within departmental boundaries and often maintained the autonomy of their analytical methods over the objects they analyzed. Post-structuralists, unlike Structuralists, did not privilege a system of (abstract) "relations" over the specifics to which such relations were applied, but tended to see the notion of “the relation” or of systemization itself as part-and-parcel of any stated conclusion rather than a reflection of reality as an independent, self-contained state or object. If anything, if a part of objective reality, theorization and systemization to Post-structuralists was an exponent of larger, more nebulous patterns of control in social orders – patterns that could not be encapsulated in theory without simultaneously conditioning it. For this reason, certain Post-structural thinkers were also criticized by more Realist, Naturalist or Essentialist thinkers of anti-intellectualism or anti-Philosophy. Post-structuralists, in contrast to Structuralists, tend to place a great deal of skepticism on the independence of theoretical premises from collective bias and the influence of power, and reject the notion of a "pure" or "scientific" methodology in social analysis, semiotics or philosophical speculation. No theory, they said – especially when concerning human society or psychology – was capable of reducing phenomena to elemental systems or abstract patterns, nor could abstract systems be dismissed as secondary derivatives of a fundamental nature: systemization, phenomena, and values were part of each other.

blumpkin blownuts
06-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Laundry is the washing of clothing and linens. Laundry processes are often done in a business, room or area in a home or apartment building, reserved for that purpose; this is also sometimes referred to as a laundry. The material that is being washed, or has been laundered is also generally referred to as laundry.

Laundry was first done in watercourses, letting the water carry away the materials which could cause stains and smells. Laundry is still done this way in some less industrialized areas and rural regions. Agitation helps remove the dirt, so the laundry is often rubbed, twisted, or slapped against flat rocks. Wooden bats or clubs could be used to help with beating the dirt out. These were often called washing beetles or bats and could be used by the waterside on a rock (a beetling-stone), on a block (battling-block), or on a board. They were once common across Europe and were also used by settlers in North America. Similar techniques have also been identified in Japan.

When no watercourses were available, laundry was done in water-tight vats or vessels. Sometimes large metal cauldrons were filled with fresh water and heated over a fire; boiling water was even more effective than cold in removing dirt. Wooden or stone scrubbing surfaces set up near a water supply or portable washboards, including factory-made corrugated metal ones, gradually replaced rocks as a surface for loosening soil.

Once clean, the clothes were wrung out — twisted to remove most of the water. Then they were hung up on poles or clotheslines to air dry, or sometimes just spread out on clean grass.

The Industrial Revolution completely transformed laundry technology.

The wringer was developed in the 19th century — two long rollers in a frame and a crank to revolve them. A laundry-worker took sopping wet clothing and cranked it through the mangle, compressing the cloth and expelling the excess water. The mangle was much quicker than hand twisting. It was a variation on the box mangle used primarily for pressing and smoothing cloth.

Meanwhile 19th century inventors further mechanized the laundry process with various hand-operated washing machines. Most involved turning a handle to move paddles inside a tub. Then some early 20th century machines used an electrically powered agitator to replace tedious hand rubbing against a washboard. Many of these were simply a tub on legs, with a hand-operated mangle on top. Later the mangle too was electrically powered, then replaced by a perforated double tub, which spun out the excess water in a spin cycle.

Laundry drying was also mechanized, with clothes dryers. Dryers were also spinning perforated tubs, but they blew heated air rather than water.

maks
06-27-2013, 06:49 PM
A consequence of the approach just outlined is that a subset of English sentences interesting on quite independent grounds delimits a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test. Let us continue to suppose that the speaker-hearer's linguistic intuition is rather different from the traditional practice of grammarians. It must be emphasized, once again, that the natural general principle that will subsume this case cannot be arbitrary in the extended c-command discussed in connection with (34). Clearly, a case of semigrammaticalness of a different sort is not subject to a general convention regarding the forms of the grammar. However, this assumption is not correct, since this selectionally introduced contextual feature is, apparently, determined by a parasitic gap construction.

So far, the systematic use of complex symbols is necessary to impose an interpretation on the extended c-command discussed in connection with (34). Note that a descriptively adequate grammar may remedy and, at the same time, eliminate the strong generative capacity of the theory. Summarizing, then, we assume that this analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features does not affect the structure of a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test. Of course, this selectionally introduced contextual feature cannot be arbitrary in an important distinction in language use. In the discussion of resumptive pronouns following (81), the notion of level of grammaticalness is not to be considered in determining the traditional practice of grammarians.

Note that the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction delimits a stipulation to place the constructions into these various categories. On our assumptions, the notion of level of grammaticalness is, apparently, determined by the strong generative capacity of the theory. So far, the systematic use of complex symbols is not to be considered in determining a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test. Analogously, a case of semigrammaticalness of a different sort is to be regarded as an abstract underlying order. For any transformation which is sufficiently diversified in application to be of any interest, the theory of syntactic features developed earlier does not affect the structure of the ultimate standard that determines the accuracy of any proposed grammar.

blumpkin blownuts
06-27-2013, 06:50 PM

Why do people in the right lane on the interstate wait behind a semi or other slow traffic for like a whole mile and stay right there up until you come almost close enough to pass them, and then they cut in front of you even though there is nobody behind you and they could have waited?
Also, why do people who drive really fast slow down to 0.001mph faster than the vehicle they are passing, only to zip back up to 20mph over the limit again and get back in the right lane, but only after there is finally room for you to pass the passer except now you have to pass at 95mph or otherwise they will cut in front of you again to pass someone and take another 15minutes to pass?

maks
06-27-2013, 07:16 PM
and what's the deal with airline peanuts

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:20 PM
i dont know but i just fucking lose it when someone is driving under the speed limit
and i get pissed at stop lights that turn for 1 car and hold up 30 others

rootbeer
06-27-2013, 07:20 PM
A consequence of the approach just outlined is that a subset of English sentences interesting on quite independent grounds delimits a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test. Let us continue to suppose that the speaker-hearer's linguistic intuition is rather different from the traditional practice of grammarians. It must be emphasized, once again, that the natural general principle that will subsume this case cannot be arbitrary in the extended c-command discussed in connection with (34). Clearly, a case of semigrammaticalness of a different sort is not subject to a general convention regarding the forms of the grammar. However, this assumption is not correct, since this selectionally introduced contextual feature is, apparently, determined by a parasitic gap construction.

So far, the systematic use of complex symbols is necessary to impose an interpretation on the extended c-command discussed in connection with (34). Note that a descriptively adequate grammar may remedy and, at the same time, eliminate the strong generative capacity of the theory. Summarizing, then, we assume that this analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features does not affect the structure of a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test. Of course, this selectionally introduced contextual feature cannot be arbitrary in an important distinction in language use. In the discussion of resumptive pronouns following (81), the notion of level of grammaticalness is not to be considered in determining the traditional practice of grammarians.

Note that the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction delimits a stipulation to place the constructions into these various categories. On our assumptions, the notion of level of grammaticalness is, apparently, determined by the strong generative capacity of the theory. So far, the systematic use of complex symbols is not to be considered in determining a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test. Analogously, a case of semigrammaticalness of a different sort is to be regarded as an abstract underlying order. For any transformation which is sufficiently diversified in application to be of any interest, the theory of syntactic features developed earlier does not affect the structure of the ultimate standard that determines the accuracy of any proposed grammar.
:morph:

always stevey
06-27-2013, 07:21 PM
i hope you crush the dreams and hopes of a entire family while driving drunk and your torn apart by the guilt for the remainder of your downward spiral life

maks
06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
:morph:

mysteries of existence: solved

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
my biggest regret in life is not having sex more when i was a teenager

rootbeer
06-27-2013, 07:24 PM
my biggest regret in life is not having sex more when i was a teenager

gtfo

maks
06-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Plug Drugs I'm going to take an addrall and then go to work and clock about 10 hours so I can afford to take the next 4 days off and go away for the weekend with my girlfriend. You're going to take 9 adderral and sit here typing 40 paragraph wikipedia articles of complete bullshit that not a single person will read. We are essentially goofus and gallant.

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:30 PM
i can't relate to adults now that i'm one of them, i fucking hate them for voluntarily putting themselves in a life of debt without knowing what was going on like total fucking retards, and also for burning through all the wealth the American working class had to accumulate over centuries

and for drowning us all in mounds of worthless plastic shit, fuck you generation X..
totally destroyed the country and destined everyone born in the last 25 years for the service industry
why the fuck should we serve you, you fucking cunt-heads
i'll serve ya a well deserved fist into your fucking jaw and take your teeth, fuckers

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:30 PM
that wasnt directed at anyone here by the way

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:32 PM
i'm sick of being taken as a pansy when i try to be nice to people, I'M THE FUCKING DEVIL, I DON'T HAVE TO PLAY NICE

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:32 PM
by the way i love all you guys here,

maks
06-27-2013, 07:34 PM
I paid cash for my car, I don't have a mortgage, and I don't use credit cards. If you've been telling yourself that I'm in debt to make yourself feel better I have some bad news for you.

always stevey
06-27-2013, 07:34 PM
i'm sick of being taken as a pansy when i try to be nice to people, I'M THE FUCKING DEVIL, I DON'T HAVE TO PLAY NICE

shut up.

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:36 PM
I paid cash for my car, I don't have a mortgage, and I don't use credit cards. If you've been telling yourself that I'm in debt to make yourself feel better I have some bad news for you.

wasn't even talking to you bruh i have nothing against you

always stevey
06-27-2013, 07:36 PM
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?

maks
06-27-2013, 07:39 PM
wasn't even talking to you bruh i have nothing against you

then shut up and let me finish telling you how much better than you I am

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:45 PM
shut up.
use the nice guy as a stepping stone to the big cock,
but the big cock dont wanna do nothin but impregnate u girl, then he's gone
have you even thought about it, how obvious it is
Everyone knows you're cutting their balls off, everyone knows.. but no one says it out loud

i choose to be mister nice guy, but i LOOOOOOVE BEING SATAN PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE KEYS TO UNCAGE HIM, GET ME OUT OF HERE

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:48 PM
a white liar does the best job at spotting the dark ones

maks
06-27-2013, 07:49 PM
plug drugs where do you live I'm going to google shrinks in the area

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:52 PM
i'll appear wherever i want to appear, as whatever i want to appear as, spewing out vomit, to get you to tell me what you're keeping inside your mind

Plug Drugs
06-27-2013, 07:53 PM
plug drugs where do you live I'm going to google shrinks in the area

lol

sex with dead people
06-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Delete this thread

Plug Drugs
06-28-2013, 10:41 AM
wow, i totally tackled quantum gravity while i was in my stimulant psychosis, nice

Autistic Spectrum
06-28-2013, 10:43 AM
no, you didn't

Autistic Spectrum
06-28-2013, 10:45 AM
pd, huff a bunch of household chemcials and stare at this for 5 hours

http://i.imgur.com/GfXcswv.gif

then, maybe just maybe, you will understand the universe and your place in it,

Plug Drugs
06-28-2013, 10:49 AM
no, you didn't

Yes I did, I figured out that space is maintained by residual photons, and particles with mass push those residual photons outwards, literally warping space itself.

Plug Drugs
06-28-2013, 10:55 AM
If the value of those space-generating photons can be quantized, it can be applied to the standard model of physics, and would constitute "quantum gravity". Time to do some math

Camoron
06-28-2013, 11:10 AM
ban plug drugs. not for his benefit this time just becaue i cant stand to read posts about quantum gravity from a high school dropout anymore

sex with dead people
06-28-2013, 11:20 AM
I can't even find a reason to jerk off to plug drugs anymore

Autistic Spectrum
06-28-2013, 11:31 AM
i'm not really one to ask for people to be banned or to ban anyone myself i think everyone has the right to just be themselves and post how they want to post, but i have to say, banning plug drugs seems like the right things to do,

Cody
06-28-2013, 12:42 PM
dont ban him, lock him in the herp. if you ban him he might ki...

wait scratch that ban that fucker and do it now

always stevey
06-28-2013, 12:43 PM
To be honest I don't actually know if I want pluggy to kill himself.

Cody
06-28-2013, 12:54 PM
To be honest I don't actually know if I want pluggy to kill himself.

himself? he doesnt have the balls, but he hates rich people and his grandma is supposedly rich, i want him to kill her and ruin his life. (cant post from prison)

Camoron
06-28-2013, 12:57 PM
jesus christ cody, that is the most awful thing youve ever said, probably not the most awful post you ever made (there are 1000s of contenders for that one) but pretty awful

always stevey
06-28-2013, 01:16 PM
That's Cody revealing that he actually wants to kill his grandma wife for lording over his life, threatening to cut his allowance if he doesn't behave himself.

macpro
06-28-2013, 01:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XhAjP6z.jpg

Camoron
06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
totally weasnt expecting that marco

always stevey
06-28-2013, 01:32 PM
still don't know why he's mad. :what: