View Full Version : building a desktop please help THIS IS MY CHANCE TO GET OFF DISABILITY YOU CAN BREAK THE CHAINS YOU CAN SAVE THE WORLD YOU CAN G

steveyos
07-04-2013, 07:49 AM
my back is fucking killing me I tried getting help at the newegg forums but wow it's deader than fjs so I tried to research this shit but current day model names are retarded LGA 1150 is the best but there's LGA 2011 which is worse, my 9800GTX+ isn't as good as a 300, what's up with the lower numbers being better nowadays

I need to be able to run second life in ultra max 100% super high every setting maximum (and arma 3, and I seriously mean 100% every slider to the right) and my monitor is 1920x1080, I'm using blender to make stuff and I need to be able to see it in full complete detail in-game becasue I'm not gonna sell people something that isn't 100% perfect and I'm working with a person who made more money from second life than they did from the US ARMY WHILE DEPLOYED. I don't know how much the army pays you to literally be overseas fighting a war I didn't bother asking but he really does make more from second life, this is my chance to get off disability this is not the time for trolling

I don't know if these are the right choices, please, please help. please. please help and I'll never post here again, ever, not only will you have my promise that I"ll never post here I'll evne give you my credit card info so if I do post here you can ruin my perfect credit score which is all I have going for me at the moment (or if by some crazy chance the perosn helping me WANTS me to post here, then I'll stay, if I receieve help from multiple people with varying opinions we'll work something out)

tower: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147157

mobo (I know I want dual-bios so I can finally flash bios updates so gigabyte is my only option apparently):

possible choice 1: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128596

possible choice 2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128595

power supply (I want 80 plus platinum power savings I'm still only making $700 a month): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139039

hard drive: (I need the fastest of the fast and I guess a sata 3 ssd would be that? seriously, the hard drive is just as important with second life as everything else it doesn't work like a normal game and the wrong hard drive can I'm not even joking drop you down to single digit fps) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147190

should I have two hard drives one for the OS one for games or does that not matter with a ssd?

cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901

is $800 ram overkill or does it seriously make a difference? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231687

is this $1000 graphics card actually more outdated than new models and they haven't taken it off the site or is it brand new and the best of the best? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724

and after all that would I need anything else? PLEASE HELP PLESE

steveyos
07-04-2013, 07:50 AM
my budget is $3600

macpro
07-04-2013, 08:31 AM
send me the money and I will build it for you.

steveyos
07-04-2013, 11:55 AM
WHY CAN'T ANYBODY JUST TELL ME WHAT THE NEWEST STUFF IS MY FINAL HOPE IS LITERALLY SOME FURRY IN SECOND LIFE (well until tomorrow at least but damn that's so far away... idk if I'll be able to make it)

maks
07-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Buy a tigerdirect barebones kit, then you know all the components are compatible since you're too dumb to do your own research

steveyos
07-04-2013, 01:55 PM
well it's actually my back hurts really bad when I sit down at computer, plus I have to use newegg for newegg preferred account but I'm getting help from the furry community so I don't even need to be here going back to my forum vacation now see ya in second life

steveyos
07-04-2013, 01:56 PM
the good news is by not helping me at all you've literally helped me more than the newegg forums lmao what the fuck, once you knew you fucking never use newegg again ™

steveyos
07-04-2013, 01:58 PM
and of course someone at the second life forum recommended stuff from 2010 idk what it is with people not understanding "newest stuff available" I feel like I'm just talking to elz everywhere I go speaking of which he's reading this thread right now gonna stay logged in a bit more to see what gem he's gonna post

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 02:00 PM
WHY CAN'T ANYBODY JUST TELL ME WHAT THE NEWEST STUFF IS MY FINAL HOPE IS LITERALLY SOME FURRY IN SECOND LIFE (well until tomorrow at least but damn that's so far away... idk if I'll be able to make it)

do your own research

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 02:02 PM
and of course someone at the second life forum recommended stuff from 2010 idk what it is with people not understanding "newest stuff available" I feel like I'm just talking to elz everywhere I go speaking of which he's reading this thread right now gonna stay logged in a bit more to see what gem he's gonna post

the newest available top of the line yadda yadda stuff could be buggy or faulty and no one knows yet..
Go with something that's been out for at least a few months, has no bad reviews, and is the strongest in terms of performance

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 02:03 PM
and you never know, in a month or two, a new part could come out that leaves your setup totally obsolete.

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 02:04 PM
if you want to be making money in the PC hardware game, you have to be actively involved in knowing whats new and what's top of the line, and be reading reviews for hardware like, in your free time.

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 02:04 PM
wait, i'm assuming you're trying to sell these computers?

StompleB
07-04-2013, 02:05 PM
get the midnight special

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:10 PM
no plug drugs don't worry it's really complicated second life stuff that only second life players can understand

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:11 PM
and if you want me to do my own research send me some oxycotton so I can ignore how bad my back hurts because it kinda gets in the way of me being able to focus on why my 9800gtx is not as good as a 300, or why LGA 2011 and 1055 are worse than 1050, ok, don't blame me for making this shit not make any sense if I made computer parts they wouldn't be named by dropping keyboards down stairs

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm staying on a bit longer I really want elz to reply to this thread

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:36 PM
btw all those parts I listed link together just fine I just don't know if they're the newest and best available, that titan could be from like 2011 for all I know these fucking companies don't wanna just come out and tell me and you know that they'd still charge that much for it even if there were like five newer cards out that were half the price

always stevey
07-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Stevey build an ark.

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm not worried about there being problems with the newest stuff either I mean they've been making these things for like forever now they can't possibly fuck up that bad when it's literally just the same thing as the last one and literally the second I click buy it'll be outdated I already know that that's why I wanna make sure it's the newest out so it'll last at least five seconds before it's too ancient to play battletoads

maks
07-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Frankly a Phenom x6 from 2011 would run second life or any other game just fine for less than $300, it's all about the video card if you're going to spend money spend it on the GPU instead of some overpriced i7 bullshit

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:40 PM
I can build an ark in like two minutes in second life

maks
07-04-2013, 02:42 PM
I can run Skyrim on ultra graphics on a phenom x4 with 4gb of ram because I have a $450 video card

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Frankly a Phenom x6 from 2011 would run second life or any other game just fine for less than $300, it's all about the video card if you're going to spend money spend it on the GPU instead of some overpriced i7 bullshit

what you have to understand is with a normal game, a gun for example is about one object, as where in second life it's over 250 objects, that counts for everything else too, so you've got literally thousands of extra things to render than compared to any other game

plus now it has all the fancy lighting and shadows that other games have, so you're also rendering shadows and lighting on thousands of objects as opposed to maybe ten in any other game

the best stuff out right now still isn't gonna run everywhere in second life in ultra graphics, it's just not possible, because it's also a terribly coded game, but I need the latest and greatest because I'm building mesh stuff in blender now and I absolutely need I NEED to be able to run the game in sliders to the right max settings to make sure the stuff I build is perfect

I'm in the big leagues now I'm working with the top of the top the people who make thousands a month off this game and if I can just see everything in full detail I too can finally start making money

god damn somebody please why can't anyone just tell me the newest stuff I can't even tell on nvidia.com if that titan or the 780 is the newest agh fuck come on marks you already know all this just help me out I have a $3600 budget I want to build the best now instead of spenidng less now and less later which will end up being more you know

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:46 PM
I can run Skyrim on ultra graphics on a phenom x4 with 4gb of ram because I have a $450 video card

yeah I know, but like I said in the above post this isn't skyrim if you still don't believe me please join me in a couple sims and you'll understand what I mean I guarantee you'll get single digit FPS, I'm not trying to become a gamer I'm trying to become a millionaire

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:47 PM
even the hard drive is just as important as everything else in this game, I can't even slack on the hard drive, because that'll even bring the game to a crawl

maks
07-04-2013, 02:49 PM
All the things you're talking about are rendered on the GPU stevey. A brand new i7 would undoubtedly be a little faster, but if you have a set budget of $1000 you'd be better off with a $300 cpu/mobo and a $700 GPU than with a $700 cpu/mobo and a $300 GPU

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:50 PM
but I have a $3600 budget >.<

steveyos
and I want it to last a really long time >.<

maks
even the hard drive is just as important as everything else in this game, I can't even slack on the hard drive, because that'll even bring the game to a crawl

SATA 3 is common now and even the budget motherboards should come with at least one port. You could splurge on a SSD but that's probably going to put you over budget

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:51 PM
I also want to do hd video editing dual monitor setup one running second life max graphics recording fraps on high settings the other converting video and uploading to fjs while listneing to music and watching macho man on netflix ok ugh

maks
07-04-2013, 02:52 PM
but I have a $3600 budget >.<

I'm still going to suggest you pick a GPU and build the rest of the machine around it, it's the most important consideration for what you're planning to do with this machine.

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:53 PM
SATA 3 is common now and even the budget motherboards should come with at least one port. You could splurge on a SSD but that's probably going to put you over budget

what I listed has me at $3,454.92 (8 Items)

but idk if I really need $800 ram I dont' know if that actaully will give $800 performance or if I'm just pulling a ruby, but if really does make a difference then I want it but idkkkkkk

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm still going to suggest you pick a GPU and build the rest of the machine around it, it's the most important consideration for what you're planning to do with this machine.

ok then is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724 the newest and best?

steveyos
07-04-2013, 02:54 PM
I also wanna play arma 3 maxed recording fraps maxed as I kill ruby tim and tek over and over and record myself screaming at how unfunny they are and how bad at videogames tek and tim are

maks
07-04-2013, 03:11 PM
ok then is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724 the newest and best?

I don't know if it's the absolute newest and best (That would cost more than your whole budet and you probably couldn't get it on neweg) but it's pretty kickass and nvidia historically has better drivers than ati

maks
07-04-2013, 03:13 PM
what I listed has me at $3,454.92 (8 Items)

but idk if I really need $800 ram I dont' know if that actaully will give $800 performance or if I'm just pulling a ruby, but if really does make a difference then I want it but idkkkkkk

The speed matters more than the size, and if it's too slow it can bottleneck everything. get the fastest RAM your board and cpu can support

maks
07-04-2013, 03:14 PM
in most cases ram speed will matter more than cpu speed

steveyos
07-04-2013, 03:16 PM
fadsgsgdsagsgsfgfd

steveyos
07-04-2013, 03:17 PM
ok let me see if I can figure out how to tell the speed of ram hold on

steveyos
07-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm guessing DDR3 3000 is the speed so

steveyos
07-04-2013, 03:19 PM
oh yeah I checked that earlier so yeah it's either $1600 or $800, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600453361&IsNodeId=1&name=DDR3%203000%20%28PC3%2024000%29

that's the only two choices, death to america

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 04:44 PM
all i heard was
qpMvS1Q1sos

steveyos
07-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm starting to think NO ONE knows what the newest stuff is, not even nvidia or intel

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm starting to think NO ONE knows what the newest stuff is, not even nvidia or intel

NOW YOU KNOW TOO MUCH

juji
07-04-2013, 04:55 PM
You should have listened to maks, he worked with different computers including overpriced hardwares than myself

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 05:37 PM
ffs doing some research for you stevey..
the i7 has hyperthreading which games do not use, and having it there when you dont need it actually slows performance, so you want to go with an i5 if you're gaming.

ivy bridge can't be overclocked as much as sandy bridge, but ivy bridge is about 5% more powerful than sandy bridge at the same clock speed.

So i guess my advice wouldnt be much different than marks' advice; find the video card you want, and build everything else around it, and keep the information above in mind when picking a processor.
Do you plan on overclocking your processor? How are you going to keep your system cooled? Do you want a fancy case? etc etc

steveyos
07-04-2013, 05:43 PM
NOW YOU KNOW TOO MUCH

it would seem that I know more than most

You should have listened to maks, he worked with different computers including overpriced hardwares than myself

this is what I was waiting for, marks doesn't give me a single link or recommendation and elz tells me to listen to marks, this is what I live for elz as usual does not disappoint

ffs doing some research for you stevey..
the i7 has hyperthreading which games do not use, and having it there when you dont need it actually slows performance, so you want to go with an i5 if you're gaming.

ivy bridge can't be overclocked as much as sandy bridge, but ivy bridge is about 5% more powerful than sandy bridge at the same clock speed.

So i guess my advice wouldnt be much different than marks' advice; find the video card you want, and build everything else around it, and keep the information above in mind when picking a processor.
Do you plan on overclocking your processor? How are you going to keep your system cooled? Do you want a fancy case? etc etc

idk who told you i7's aren't for gaming but they were lying to you

all.... I want..... is...... to know what the newest...... parts.... are........ idk why......... nobody........ can tell... me.......

I'm guessing http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724 is the card I want I still don't fucking know if there's anything newer and better though I'd start there if god could just give me a sign from heaven telling me if that is the newest card or if there's something both cheaper and newer I'm literally going to kill myself

steveyos
07-04-2013, 05:45 PM
plug drugs I appreciate your help if you want to help but you have to understand I need the best of everything including hard drive, and I think this is the tower I want http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147157 I'm gonna stick with air cooling because it's 60F in my room

juji
07-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Don't read to Plug Drugs because he pretends to be a smart-ass and never tested to high end computers, only he cares about the high quality drugs while there are illegal chemical recipes could damage health.

However, you should buy this for less than $ 1,300 it's recommended by world class hardcore gamers.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_Black_Pearl

http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming/cyberpower/cyberpower-black-pearl-review.html

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 05:49 PM
it's my understanding that nothing out there can even take advantage of the i7's full capabilities, and what is out there right now is better tuned for the i5... But the i7 is most likely going to be a better investment; but who knows? It could be crap in the future

its always going to be a gamble, no one can tell you what the "best" is, because it all depends

juji
07-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Also change to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB 16X

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I5 2500K is the unofficial gold standard for a Gaming Rig CPU and even it when OCed is overkill for just gaming. There is really little difference between i7 2500K and i5 2500K other than money wasted between the two and HT on the i7 which games don't use anyway. From what I have seen in some game benchmarks the i5 2500K out does the i7 2500K all others are a wash funny enough but really the i5 2500K is a Cadillac stop thinking you might get more from an i7 cause all you will get more of is a lighter wallet.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/326220-28-gaming

Ivy Bridge CPUs are about 5% more powerful than Sandy Bridge CPUs at the same clock speed.

i7 CPUs have Hyper Threading which games do not use. Benchmarks have shown that HT actually reduces game performance by 1% or 2% on average, so if you do not use any programs that can take advantage of HT, then buying a Core i7 CPU is not worth it.

Ivy Bridge CPUs do not overclock as well as Sandy Bridge CPUs. IB CPUs generally maxes out at 4.5GHz while Sandy Bridge can go as little further at about 4.8GHz to 5.0GHz. It varies from CPU to CPU and very good cooling is required.

IB CPUs generally consume about 15w - 20w less less power than SB CPUs under load.

IB CPUs have either the Intel HD 2500 / HD 4000 graphic core vs. the Intel HD 2000 / HD 3000 graphic core. For a gaming rig the integrate graphic core doesn't make much difference.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/340265-28-bridge-sandy-bridge

That is correct, but by the time there is a noticeable difference between i5 and i7 even the i7's on the market today may be kinda old
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1663811/future-games.html

steveyos
07-04-2013, 05:56 PM
see I can't explain to elz that second life is the equivalent of running metro last light 50 times over on max settings but you can understand that, because you can communicate to other humans, so I think what I'm gonna do is stick with the stuff I posted on page 1 but I need to change the hard drive

steveyos
07-04-2013, 05:56 PM
"I don't think there are many games currently available on the market that can really make use of the i7's full capabilities."

second life

steveyos
07-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm also going to be doing video editing and all sorts of things so the extra whatevers in the i7 work for that, I mean if the i5 is better htan the i7 why is it cheaper

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 05:58 PM
so as of right now, it has been the contention of the PC community for the past year and a half or so, that an i5 is better for gaming until the games of the future are able to take advantage of hyperthreading, and even when they do, the current I7s may or may not be obsolete by then

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
"I don't think there are many games currently available on the market that can really make use of the i7's full capabilities."

second life
does second life use hyperthreading?

steveyos
07-04-2013, 06:06 PM
no but what about the other things I do

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm also going to be doing video editing and all sorts of things so the extra whatevers in the i7 work for that, I mean if the i5 is better htan the i7 why is it cheaper
research whatever programs you plan on using to see if they use hyper-threading
i.e., google "does ________________ use hyperthreading?"

steveyos
07-04-2013, 06:09 PM
For games, hyperthreading is of no benefit on quad core chips. Dual core i5s and i3s probably do benefit.

Hyperthreading is also of no benefit in general use, as all modern CPUs are already fast enough. The one exception to this is if you are an extreme multitasker and have many apps demanding the CPU's attention simultaneously.

Hyperthreading earns its spurs in video editing, where you will get about a 20% performance improvement.

I like to have 50 things open while playing second life including video editing so it would seem I need the hyperthreading

steveyos
07-04-2013, 06:10 PM
plus like I"ve been saying I want the best stuff available that's what I'm trying to get at here I want to spend $3600 on this not a penny less I want the best, the newest, the best and the newest and the best

steveyos
07-04-2013, 06:12 PM
plus I mean look at those reviews http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=19-116-901&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:17 PM
the i7 is technically superior, if the software being used can take advantage of it; if it can't however, there is a small dent in performance

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:19 PM
For games, hyperthreading is of no benefit on quad core chips. Dual core i5s and i3s probably do benefit.

Hyperthreading is also of no benefit in general use, as all modern CPUs are already fast enough. The one exception to this is if you are an extreme multitasker and have many apps demanding the CPU's attention simultaneously.

Hyperthreading earns its spurs in video editing, where you will get about a 20% performance improvement.

I like to have 50 things open while playing second life including video editing so it would seem I need the hyperthreading
then get an i7, but be warned, it may be obsolete in the near future, as they're already getting kinda old.

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:25 PM
plus I mean look at those reviews http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=19-116-901&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that haswell is crap for overclocking, and sandy bridge or ivy bridge will outperform haswell when overclocked and cooled correctly

steveyos
07-04-2013, 06:28 PM
so the i5's are newer? it's like the geforces where a 300 is newer and better than my 9800?

I think the fucking motherboards I have on page one aren't even that good, I think I regret not throwing my current desktop out and quitting the internet

steveyos
07-04-2013, 06:30 PM
i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that haswell is crap for overclocking, and sandy bridge or ivy bridge will outperform haswell when overclocked and cooled correctly

I would prefer something that doesn't need overclocking since it's super new and already super fast and already runs everything you throw at it for the next five years so it wouldn't really matter since if by then I'm still poor it'll only be because I"m dead

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Cool your jets: Overclockers must pay toll to play on Haswell highway
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/06/cool-your-jets-overclockers-must-pay-toll-to-play-on-haswell-highway/

Intel has taken back the gift of "free” overclocking that it gave hardware tweakers when introducing its Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processor lines. Geoff Gasior at The Tech Report writes that has Intel confirmed it will lock down the ability on the company's new Haswell generation of CPUs. Users will lose much of the ability to run all but the more-expensive K-series of Haswell CPUs faster than their rated clock frequency in the hope of squeezing more performance out of the processor.

Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors allowed for overclocking across their whole lines—not by a huge amount, but by enough to squeeze an extra 400 MHz of compute cycle out of them on the “standard” CPUs. Overclocking could achieve even more on the K-series versions.

An Intel representative told Gasior that since the standard Haswell processors are targeted for business and consumer applications “where overclocking is generally not performed,” access to the additional base clock straps of the Haswell processor are disabled in all but the K-series processors. Those run $20 to $30 more than the standard processors. (There is still a “turbo” multiplier mode available to boost performance of the CPU itself, however.)

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:38 PM
basically, with haswell, they threw out the hard-core computer user's ability to overclock their processor so that the processor will be more powerful by default for your average casual ninny.

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:40 PM
I would prefer something that doesn't need overclocking since it's super new and already super fast and already runs everything you throw at it for the next five years so it wouldn't really matter since if by then I'm still poor it'll only be because I"m dead

that's your choice then; i personally would get a cheap i5 sandy bridge and use the money saved to cool it and overclock the fuck out of it

steveyos
07-04-2013, 06:46 PM
"access to the additional base clock straps of the Haswell processor are disabled in all but the K-series processors."

so if I get a K-series doesn't that mean I not only get a newer better cpu but it can also be overclocked like everything else if by some chance in five years I don't want to just buy a new computer?

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:49 PM
right now i'm rockin a 3 year old AMD phenom II x4
it was cheap, it was new at the time, it still holds up to today's standards, and the thing dominates and i love AMD

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:50 PM
"access to the additional base clock straps of the Haswell processor are disabled in all but the K-series processors."

so if I get a K-series doesn't that mean I not only get a newer better cpu but it can also be overclocked like everything else if by some chance in five years I don't want to just buy a new computer?
yeah but the processor is probably designed to never be overclocked, so, who knows
do more research

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 06:58 PM
you know what, with a budget of more than $3000, go for it

Plug Drugs
you'd only be saving like 100 dollars by getting an i5 instead

juji
Plug Drugs is like flagerchat of computers, literally researching of hardware products on google

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
i personally like to do as much as i can with as little money as possible, so i'd personally try to get an i5, cool it, overclock it, because to me 100 dollars might make the difference between being able to afford another part or not

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Plug Drugs is like flagerchat of computers, literally researching of hardware products on google

where else are you researching these things, honestly

steveyos
07-04-2013, 07:04 PM
yeah but you can't run second life in ultra that's the whole point even if you can run metro last light maxed on one monitor and edit hd 100gb videos on the other that you recorded of you playing metro last light in fraps you still can't run second life maxed

steveyos
07-04-2013, 07:11 PM
i personally like to do as much as i can with as little money as possible, so i'd personally try to get an i5, cool it, overclock it, because to me 100 dollars might make the difference between being able to afford another part or not

I wanna do as much as I can with $3600

where else are you researching these things, honestly

elz is literally just pressing letters on his keyboard it's what he always does

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:13 PM
stevey, get this and overclock it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116492&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-N82E16819116492&gclid=COD3g6SWl7gCFcZAMgodsRAABQ

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:15 PM
or get this, its only 1 grand:
http://www.thetechgeek.com/intel-core-i7-3970x-extreme-edition-sandy-bridge-e-3-5ghz-4-0ghz-turbo-lga-2011-150w-six-core-desktop-processor-bx80619i73970x/
and its got EXTREME in the name

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:29 PM
heres the newegg link to that processor in the above post:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116877

according to intel and several of the reviews, it is "the best processor on the market today"
that being said, everyone almost unanimously agrees that even though it is the best, the price is ridiculous

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
i mean, the price is just silly really

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:37 PM
if i had $3600 to blow on a computer, i'd buy that processor just for shits and giggles

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:41 PM
i mean, after that, you still have $2600 left which is more than enough to purchase everything else top of the line as well

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 07:43 PM
and when you open up the box of that processor, you can make holy sounds like you're unveiling the holy grail and it will be totally justified

steveyos
07-04-2013, 07:57 PM
yeah but it's already like two years old how can it be better than whatever's the newest thing made in 2013?

steveyos
07-04-2013, 07:59 PM
I made a thread on tom's hardware let's see if that myspace faggot knows anything

I'm waiting on some other help elsewhere too I just can't imagine how the best stuff available can't be from this year that just doesn't make sense to me

steveyos
07-04-2013, 07:59 PM
I mean if the best computer parts are from 2011 I"ll get the parts from 2011 but what the fuck happened during 2012 and 2013

steveyos
07-04-2013, 08:00 PM
btw all you need is good credit just get a newegg preferred account I'm gonna pay this all off quick but I only have to pay like $45 a month if I want to

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:10 PM
if i sculpted a statue made out of gold in 2011,
and then sculpted a statue made of my fecal matter in 2013,
is the 2013 sculpture better for being newer?

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I mean if the best computer parts are from 2011 I"ll get the parts from 2011 but what the fuck happened during 2012 and 2013

computer development has slowed down quite a bit unfortunately =\

steveyos
07-04-2013, 08:19 PM
we're not talking about gold or shit we're talking about computer parts, why are they even making new ones if they're not as good?

steveyos
07-04-2013, 08:20 PM
hey guess what though the guy on tom's myspace hardware recommended that same processor

juji
07-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Have fun with $ 1000 CPU that doesn't even use GPU process

rootbeer
07-04-2013, 08:22 PM
its kinda funny you can get really good computer advice on this forum, but talking seriously about anything else is like pulling teeth

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Stevey, I found this article which may give you some insight on why a 2 year old processor is still top of the line:
http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Intel-Core-i73970X-Sandy-BridgeE-CPU-Review/

It’s no secret that Intel is readying processors based in its Haswell microarchitecture. The new chips are due to be released in the not too distant future and feature a number of noteworthy enhancements, including a much more powerful integrated graphics core. When Haswell arrives though, it will supplant current Ivy Bridge-based processors, which target more mainstream market segments than the product we’ll be showing you today. For the foreseeable future, Intel’s big dog remains Sandy Bridge-E, the monstrous six-core beast which utilizes the X79 Express chipset and socket LGA 2011.

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:26 PM
That article was written in May 2013

always stevey
07-04-2013, 08:30 PM
FUCK YOU PLUG DRUGS YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

DIE HALF FAGGOT DIE

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:31 PM
I think, if I get this right, Haswell micro-architecture is superior, but there's nothing out yet using it that's superior to existing sandy bridge processors.

juji
07-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Plug drugs post your PC specs

steveyos
07-04-2013, 08:39 PM
plug drugs is right look they're all recommending the old stuff too http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1723536/build-3600-usd-budget-intel-nvidia-newegg.html

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Plug drugs post your PC specs

why so you can try to pick it apart and make fun of it so it feels good where you poop?

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:54 PM
plug drugs is right look they're all recommending the old stuff too http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1723536/build-3600-usd-budget-intel-nvidia-newegg.html

that one guy below the first reply is saying that the $1000 processor is better, but isn't necessary, and feels like that extra money would be better spent elsewhere.

But hypothetically, if you had an unlimited budget, or like 5-6 grand to blow, the Intel Core i7-3970X extreme edition would be superior.

juji
07-04-2013, 08:54 PM
why so you can try to pick it apart and make fun of it so it feels good where you poop?

Why would I make fun of you? You should have better PC instead of spent drugs

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:56 PM
time to go watch fireworks brb

juji
07-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Look at that guy commented

drwho1 7 minutes ago
This is the case that I use http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Then I stop right there.... re-read your input.... and I can't find what do you want to do with this system.
Work?
Play?
Video editing?
all of the above?

I would need to think/know of this first before deciding on parts...

Why didn't you tell him you're using Second Life in extreme high faggotry graphic?

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Why would I make fun of you? You should have better PC instead of spent drugs

my computer is broken right now i'm posting from a laptop; i dont remember the exact models of everything, but i've got an AMD Phenom II quad core processor, 2 GB of DDR3, a video card with 1gb memory, an 80gb hard-drive that i keep my OS on, a 250gb hard-drive i keep movies/music/videos on
Also, the shittiest case and motherboard i could find that would hold everything

juji
07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
What happens when Steffies used new computer by $ 3,600?

1-Super Complaining
2-FPS drops
3-Loss of rent

juji
07-04-2013, 09:05 PM
my computer is broken right now i'm posting from a laptop; i dont remember the exact models of everything, but i've got an AMD Phenom II quad core processor, 2 GB of DDR3, a video card with 1gb memory, an 80gb hard-drive that i keep my OS on, a 250gb hard-drive i keep movies/music/videos on
Also, the shittiest case and motherboard i could find that would hold everything

Don't you say AMD Phenom II quad core, 2gb of ddr3 and 1 gb of GPU on your desktop computer is broken?

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Don't you say AMD Phenom II quad core, 2gb of ddr3 and 1 gb of GPU on your desktop computer is broken?

yes its broken right now. The other day i got it to turn on for about 15 minutes, then it randomly shut down. No blue screen or anything.
I might just need to clean off the processor's heat sink but i dont even have a screwdriver right now to take the fan off.
I'll get it figured out some day, in the meantime i'm content just using a laptop

juji
07-04-2013, 09:23 PM
It sounds like you need to replace power supply

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 09:23 PM
drwho1: My goal is to run second life in ultra settings (I'm a builder (using blender) and need to see what I make in all its glory to ensure people buying my stuff get the best stuff they've ever seen in their lives). Please don't look at their recommend specs as they're a bold faced lie, I need the absolute best of the best for that stupid game. That's my main priority and if I can pull that impossible feat off there's nothing else the rig wouldn't handle.
lol

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 09:25 PM
i need the Best of the Best of the Best..... for making the perfect set of 3d boobies

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 09:26 PM
It sounds like you need to replace power supply

that's what i thought at first, but now i think i might just need to clean the processor heat sink.

juji
07-04-2013, 09:37 PM
steffies is surprisingly stupid because other second life vendors don't need powerful PC to develop and test their products, in fact everyone has old computer can afford to get their products.

steveyos
07-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Look at that guy commented

Why didn't you tell him you're using Second Life in extreme high faggotry graphic?

I just did, I thought "I need the best everything" would be a good enough guideline

remember I only make $700 a month, just get a newegg preferred account if you have good credit and make monthly payments build the same rig I"m building and join me in second life in Ultra Settings.

steveyos
07-04-2013, 10:04 PM
its kinda funny you can get really good computer advice on this forum, but talking seriously about anything else is like pulling teeth

it's because I made the thread, I have the power to do anything including have a thread on this forum that doesn't turn into a reject haven fagfest

that's what I do, I'm steve yelle, that's why fjs is 100% good posts, you should check it out some time

Gentleman Doli
07-04-2013, 10:06 PM
iirc unless youre doing hardcore Gameing Rig an upper-end i5 is just as good as the super expensive i7

steveyos
07-04-2013, 10:09 PM
What happens when Steffies used new computer by $ 3,600?

1-Super Complaining
2-FPS drops
3-Loss of rent

Have fun with $ 1000 CPU that doesn't even use GPU process

steffies is surprisingly stupid because other second life vendors don't need powerful PC to develop and test their products, in fact everyone has old computer can afford to get their products.

GOD DAMMIT I LOVE ELZ POSTS

i need the Best of the Best of the Best..... for making the perfect set of 3d boobies

actually using blender to make weapons and stuff that can also be used in other games, second life is amazing now that it has mesh https://d44ytnim3cfy5.cloudfront.net/assets/3056917/lightbox/MAYA_MORPH.jpg

maks
07-04-2013, 10:24 PM
stevey under no circumstances listen to plug drugs, he has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

juji
07-04-2013, 10:28 PM
remember I only make $700 a month, just get a newegg preferred account if you have good credit and make monthly payments build the same rig I"m building and join me in second life in Ultra Settings.

Welfare fraud?

steveyos
07-04-2013, 10:35 PM
iirc unless youre doing hardcore Gameing Rig an upper-end i5 is just as good as the super expensive i7

if you've seen the new stuff second life has, the fact it can literally do everything that every other game can do now (not counting gameplay) you'd know this literally has to be the Ultimate Gaming RIg

stevey under no circumstances listen to plug drugs, he has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

nobody else does either, there's fucking ten million new pieces of hardware released every month and apparently stuff from 2011 is better than stuff from 2013 and some people think one graphics card is better than three and I just want this nightmare to end I"m gonna be paying for this thing for like the next 50 years I just want it to be the best it can be so I can be the best I can be and give people the best .dae files they'll ever see and make madd money doing so

Welfare fraud?

yeah

maks
07-04-2013, 10:40 PM
nobody else does either, there's fucking ten million new pieces of hardware released every month and apparently stuff from 2011 is better than stuff from 2013 and some people think one graphics card is better than three and I just want this nightmare to end I"m gonna be paying for this thing for like the next 50 years I just want it to be the best it can be so I can be the best I can be and give people the best .dae files they'll ever see and make madd money doing so

The hardware you picked out is fine. You could easily get away with hardware from 2011, and depending on what CPU features second life takes advantage of you might not notice much difference, but the idea that hardware from 2011 is 'faster' is absurd plug drugs doesn't know shit about anything but he likes to talk like he does on every single subject ever.

is a 2013 i7 that much faster that it's worth twice as much? probably not, but it's sure as fuck faster.

it's going to come down to the video card, the one you picked is awesome and if the board supports SLI you can always buy another one later. So shut up and place your order.

steveyos
07-04-2013, 10:56 PM
this is like the fifth desktop I built and I"ve always ended up with amazing cohesive mid-range hardware but this is the first time I"m actually building something meant to be the ultimate rig betting the farm emptying my wallet, and especially now in today's world where graphics are so damn intense and real and all the factors and all the different advice I'm getting I just really, really wish hitler would get out of the south pole and fix this world already

isn't it weird how good I am with this stuff I didn't even have any hiccups with vista and windows 8 has been a complete dream for me AW FUCK IT'S 1 AM I NEED TO GO TO SLEEP I SWEAR TO ALLAH THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO KILL ME WITH COMPUTERS I DON'T EVEN READ OR RESEARCH ANY OF THIS BUT I'M SO GOOD AT IT BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT WANTS ME TO DIE PLAYING SECOND LIFE INSTEAD OF SAVING THE WORLD

steveyos
07-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I'M NOT GONNA LET THIS BE THE DEATH OF ME, I'M GONNA USE THIS ULTIMATE MACHINE AND SAVE THE WORLD AT THE SAME TIME, ALL THE BABIES I'M GONAN SAVE ALL THE BABIES ALL THE CHILDREN THE WORLD THE UNIVERSE AND I'M GONNA RUN SECOND LIFE ON ULTRA AT THE SAME TIME

FUCK THE POLICE

juji
07-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Then dont buy a new pc until your desktop dies, sometimes they discount 2013 hardwares

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 11:23 PM
yes i'm always wrong, even when i'm objectively right, this can be deduced when we factor in the Friedmann equations and determine that the size of my butthole correlates to the output of shitty ifnromation

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 11:24 PM
or the input of quality drugs

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 11:24 PM
its all starting to make sense now, the bigger my butthole is, the more drugs i can stuff in it

maks
07-04-2013, 11:25 PM
yes i'm always wrong, even when i'm objectively right, this can be deduced when we factor in the Friedmann equations and determine that the size of my butthole correlates to the output of shitty ifnromation

when you say that desktop processors have gotten slower in the last 2 years yes you're wrong that's fucking stupid what you just said itt

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Or, mathematically speaking, as we increase the quantity of drugs, we decrease the quality of information

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
when you say that desktop processors have gotten slower in the last 2 years yes you're wrong that's fucking stupid what you just said itt

that's not what i said =\
i said that the Haswell ivy-bridge microarchitecture processors haven't caught up to the best sandy bridge processor currently on the market
i dont know if that's right or not, it's just an assumption
it's your prerogative to find fault in anything i say regardless
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tmOYAbNKf7w/TIQJ8ZuvTSI/AAAAAAAAEK4/KgfDN2cLmac/s320/cleese-as-twit.jpg

maks
07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
why don't you decrease the quantity of your breaths to zero

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.sadlyno.com/wordpress/uploads/2007/06/twit3.gif

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 11:34 PM
i googled that information today, i dont claim to actually know anything about it

Plug Drugs
07-04-2013, 11:39 PM
also, everyone on that tom's computer "we stick advertisements in your posts" forum says that benchmark tests show that an i5 will outperform an i7 in games by 1-2% because modern games dont take advantage of the i7s hyperthreading or something
i dont know if thats right, take it up with them if you disagree; i'm just going to assume they know more about it than i do

Cody
07-05-2013, 12:40 AM
also, everyone on that tom's computer "we stick advertisements in your posts" forum says that benchmark tests show that an i5 will outperform an i7 in games by 1-2% because modern games dont take advantage of the i7s hyperthreading or something
i dont know if thats right, take it up with them if you disagree; i'm just going to assume they know more about it than i do
mike seeing as how marks literally builds computer networks for a living i'm pretty confident tat his suggestions and information will be correct, even though his way of telling you where your assumptions are wrong is rude he's still not lying about it. He's the first person i ask when i get stuck with something and his track record for advice to me is 100% accurate.

Maybe you should stick to topics you know better and leave the pc technical specs to people that really do know exactly what is up.

Cody
07-05-2013, 12:40 AM
mike seeing as how marks literally builds computer networks for a living i'm pretty confident tat his suggestions and information will be correct, even though his way of telling you where you're assumptions are wrong is rude he's still not lying about it. He's the first person i ask when i get stuck with something and his track record for advice to me is 100% accurate.

Maybe you should stick to topics you know better and leave the pc technical specs to people that really do know exactly what is up.

Camoron
07-05-2013, 12:47 AM

if you'rwe building a gaming rig just go amd.. jeez

maks
07-05-2013, 07:47 AM
if you'rwe building a gaming rig just go amd.. jeez

yeah I don't bother with intel except for servers, intel does have a slight performance edge but it's not worth the extra price, but stevey's never going to accept that

steveyos
07-05-2013, 08:34 AM
if I can still use that titan card in it make me a suggestion, if it's cheaper and just as good I"m not gonna say no to that but I can't spend today re-learning all the different names for the motherboard and what's compatible etc my right foot feels like room temperuate boiling water I gotta order something now and then throw this computer out and exercise until the new one gets here

steveyos
07-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Then dont buy a new pc until your desktop dies, sometimes they discount 2013 hardwares

ok I'll just tell this one to run second life on ultra, and I'll tell it to run arma 3 on ultra, and I'll tell it to do everyhing else too I don't need to throw it out I just need to tell it to work like it's not from 2007 why didn't I think of that

steveyos
07-05-2013, 08:37 AM
some food for thought:

Since SL writes/retrieves a huge amount of texture data etc. to your drive having those files stored on an SSD should make things in world load faster. With that Titan GPU you'll be able to run SL at all maxed settings with shadows and everything enabled on the largest monitor with no sweat. It's a lot of money but, it'll be less hassle to run a single Titan than say, 2 GTX 780s in SLI mode (SL doesn't recognize SLI anyway so your second vid card would be useless).

People who don't play SL don't understand why it takes so much horsepower to run. It's because unlike other games where all the 3D environments are designed by pros and highly optimized, most of SL is user created and not optimized at all.

maks
07-05-2013, 08:57 AM
If I was building a gaming machine I'd get an 8 core AMD chip and a motherboard with at least 2 slots that fit the video card you picked (so you can add a second one and SLI it later if you need it)

since the faq specifically recommends using an SSD I'd get 3 250GB drives and use the built in windows soft RAID to make them all one volume, so you'd end up with a single 750GB C: drive. You're losing out on redundancy, but who cares on a gaming rig.

maks
07-05-2013, 08:57 AM
but also the hardware you picked out is just fine

steveyos
07-05-2013, 09:00 AM
serious question now that I think of it is amd making ati's horrible graphics cards or did they just make a huge business mistake? don't think for one second that I'm biased I fucking hate all this shit but I see so many complaints with ati nowadays it's crazy

I don't know shit about the merger or whatever happened I just know they're a team somehow

steveyos
07-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I was told that ram isn't necessary for sl since it's mainly gpu and hdd so this is basically the same thing for $500ish cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231677 and this is from someone who's been in sl as long as me and actually understands the game and wrote that above food for thought

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna go with intel or amd I do know ati is a huge blemish on amd but besides that I don't know jack shit about either and would be fine with either if either processed processes without a single issue, I know my i7 920 has had no problems I've never had to replace the heatsink or fan or thermal paste either all stock but if I'm gonna get that exact same performance for cheaper that's fine but I'd much prefer it be that ->exact<- same performance

Autistic Spectrum
07-05-2013, 09:37 AM
stevey , get these

http://www.prosportstickers.com/products/051-%252d-Flame-Decal-Designs.html

what you want to do is buy two, don't just get one or only one side of your computer will go fast, you can choose whatever color you want but red flames are a little faster than the rest
then you

1.peel the backing on the 1st flame decal, you want to place the decal on the side of the computer

2. peel the backing on the 2nd flame decal(note this part this is where alot of people mess up)put the 2nd flame decal on the opposite side of your computer that you put the 1st flame decal.

3.boot up your computer, try not to blink because you might miss something as your computer IS NOW SUPER FUCKING FAST.,

maks
07-05-2013, 09:45 AM
serious question now that I think of it is amd making ati's horrible graphics cards or did they just make a huge business mistake? don't think for one second that I'm biased I fucking hate all this shit but I see so many complaints with ati nowadays it's crazy

I don't know shit about the merger or whatever happened I just know they're a team somehow

ati's cards tend to be a bit faster than nvidia (on software that isn't optimized for one or the other) but their drivers are complete shit, I've had nothing but problems with them.

I was told that ram isn't necessary for sl since it's mainly gpu and hdd so this is basically the same thing for $500ish cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231677 and this is from someone who's been in sl as long as me and actually understands the game and wrote that above food for thought

if you end up going with AMD you could probably save a bit more than that buying RAM that isn't certified for 6th gen intel or whatever this one is, they have to pay for the certification which adds to the price of the hardware. if you go with intel buy this because it's certified.

macpro
07-05-2013, 09:52 AM
i'm buying some of those stickers. Then having the geek squad come and install them.

thanks dp.

steveyos
07-05-2013, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure I am gonna stick with the tower I chose and the psu and I'm probably gonna do the 3 ssd setup but I'm waiting on a bit more advice ugh this fucking technology shit sucks I've had this current desktop for six years this new one better last forever I never wanna do this again until I'm making the parts myself

steveyos
07-05-2013, 09:55 AM
ati's cards tend to be a bit faster than nvidia (on software that isn't optimized for one or the other) but their drivers are complete shit, I've had nothing but problems with them.

if you end up going with AMD you could probably save a bit more than that buying RAM that isn't certified for 6th gen intel or whatever this one is, they have to pay for the certification which adds to the price of the hardware. if you go with intel buy this because it's certified.

thanks that's also very good to know, while I want the best I don't want to pay extra for the sake of paying extra wtf is intel run by apple or something

steveyos
07-05-2013, 09:56 AM
thanks everybody except dp have fun at that church choir by your self you fucking jerk

macpro
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Welfare fraud?

Plug Drugs
07-05-2013, 11:37 AM
mike seeing as how marks literally builds computer networks for a living i'm pretty confident tat his suggestions and information will be correct, even though his way of telling you where your assumptions are wrong is rude he's still not lying about it. He's the first person i ask when i get stuck with something and his track record for advice to me is 100% accurate.

and after all i helped you out with, i never!

Plug Drugs
07-05-2013, 11:53 AM
*slaps face* i confused cody with steveyos, i dont know how that happened

Plug Drugs
07-05-2013, 11:53 AM
cody, shut up

Cody
07-05-2013, 12:06 PM
I'll just leave you here for the dogmanz

Plug Drugs
07-05-2013, 12:12 PM
what does that even mean

Plug Drugs
07-05-2013, 12:20 PM
i'm just going to put cody back on ignore

Cody
07-05-2013, 12:22 PM
have fun checking your rep sheep boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjHUb7NSrNk

Plug Drugs
07-05-2013, 12:24 PM
rep comment: get out you faggot!

Currently Active Users: 10 (2 members and 8 guests)
Plug Drugs,
Cody

Very sneaky dipshit

Cody
07-05-2013, 12:26 PM
BA-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH0AH

http://images.zaazu.com/img/nosepick-nosepick-nose-gross-smiley-emoticon-000600-large.gif

juji
07-05-2013, 01:04 PM
some food for thought:

Since SL writes/retrieves a huge amount of texture data etc. to your drive having those files stored on an SSD should make things in world load faster. With that Titan GPU you'll be able to run SL at all maxed settings with shadows and everything enabled on the largest monitor with no sweat. It's a lot of money but, it'll be less hassle to run a single Titan than say, 2 GTX 780s in SLI mode (SL doesn't recognize SLI anyway so your second vid card would be useless).

People who don't play SL don't understand why it takes so much horsepower to run. It's because unlike other games where all the 3D environments are designed by pros and highly optimized, most of SL is user created and not optimized at all.

You dont know anything about rendering optimizations

juji
07-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Look at that http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080827174455AAiN1Uy 13 years old kid call of duty gamer just pwned your faggotry idea

steveyos
07-05-2013, 02:04 PM
plug drugs just take solace in the fact you helped me more than elz did

juji
07-05-2013, 03:16 PM
plug drugs just take solace in the fact you helped me more than elz did

Did he tell 2011 hardwares are better than 2013 hardwares?

steveyos
07-05-2013, 03:23 PM
he put words together that made sense that's really all it takes

always stevey
07-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Don't know how this got any replies.

maks
07-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Don't know how this got any replies.

huge nerds. I hate stevey and don't want to help him but I can't help discussing computer hardware it's my weakness

always stevey
07-05-2013, 03:34 PM
huge nerds. I hate stevey and don't want to help him but I can't help discussing computer hardware it's my weakness

YOU I forgive. I'm beginning to hate that frizzy haired fuck more and more with each day.

maks
07-05-2013, 03:41 PM
somewhere deep down I feel it's my duty to advise stevey when there's a chance that a dumbfuck like plug drugs may steer him wrong

always stevey
07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Plug Drugs is a half-faggot who deserves to die IRL

maks
of course I know that when stevey overclocks this thing 200% and doesn't adjust the cooling and power supply accordingly he's going to come back here and blame me

always stevey
Doubt Stevey is actually going to do any of this shit.

macpro
don 't pick on Stevie missshovel. he's in pain.

always stevey
07-05-2013, 03:43 PM
You smell.

maks
07-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Doubt Stevey is actually going to do any of this shit.

stevey's going to do that within a week. nothing's ever good enough for him.

macpro
07-05-2013, 03:47 PM
are you fingering right now?

juji
07-05-2013, 03:47 PM

Did you know when Stevey posted a help to decide purchasing new 27'' monitor with Acer brand in FJS forum he linked me a page and I read its specs, then I posted this monitor doesn't include HDMI port, he ignored my advice and purchased new monitor, now he complained because this monitor is not really effort and couldn't connect to other devices?

always stevey
07-05-2013, 03:48 PM
are you fingering right now?

I was until you showed up. My pussy dried up like the Kalihari desert

maks
07-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Did you know when Stevey posted a help to decide purchasing new 27'' monitor with Acer brand in FJS forum he linked me a page and I read its specs, then I posted this monitor doesn't include HDMI port, he ignored my advice and purchased new monitor, now he complained because this monitor is not really effort and couldn't connect to other devices?

yep none of this is a surprise

always stevey
07-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Khalihari dessert.

juji
07-05-2013, 03:50 PM
I linked a page to maks before to purchase 24'' ASUS with HDMI port and he said "yes" after all, I purchased this monitor and worked like charm, I can't even complain this. It's perfect it can connect to other devices via HDMI, I really appreciate to maks' advice.

macpro
07-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I was until you showed up. My pussy dried up like the Kalihari desert

you should go climb. wet that baby up.

always stevey
07-05-2013, 03:52 PM
you should go climb. wet that baby up.

Your posts fill me with the urge to shit.

always stevey
07-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Every time I read a Marco post I get a poop cramp.

maks
07-05-2013, 03:53 PM
I linked a page to maks before to purchase 24'' ASUS with HDMI port and he said "yes" after all, I purchased this monitor and worked like charm, I can't even complain this. It's perfect it can connect to other devices via HDMI, I really appreciate to maks' advice.

yeah asus is phenomenal I've never had a problem with their lcds glad you liked it

macpro
07-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I have asuss 27" w HDMI. I hug it everyday.

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM
of course I know that when stevey overclocks this thing 200% and doesn't adjust the cooling and power supply accordingly he's going to come back here and blame me

I don't plan on overclocking

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
this is why I love elz

I love him almost as much as I love the monitor he's talking about, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009424

I haven't said a single bad thing about it, I love it, all I've done is ask him why I would need hdmi when dvi is the exact same thing except audio

always stevey
07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
All this fucking negativity.

juji
07-05-2013, 04:12 PM
27'' monitor should be 2560 x 1440, I decide to stay with 24'' monitor which comes resolution 1920 x 1080. Actually, i'm not big fan of Dell.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260111&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=7103102&SID=skim33330X911642X45bbfa33cc33906d1bf48840bbbef6d6

Otherwise, all are still expensive until 2015

Autistic Spectrum
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
ok if you want to make it go really really fast, you are gonna wanna get some nitro container from the car store your gonna wanna open your computer case, lay it sideways so the mother board is showing, get a hammer stevey and knock the top off the nitro spary that shit all over the inside of your computer,,, you can thank me when you don't drop any frames in second life ever again

juji
07-05-2013, 04:14 PM
ok if you want to make it go really really fast, you are gonna wanna get some nitro container from the car store your gonna wanna open your computer case, lay it sideways so the mother board is showing, get a hammer stevey and knock the top off the nitro spary that shit all over the inside of your computer,,, you can thank me when you don't drop any frames in second life ever again

If stevey wants the faster boost, should try connect battery from car to computer

Autistic Spectrum
07-05-2013, 04:18 PM
If stevey wants the faster boost, should try connect battery from car to computer

ahh yes. more power, well there's thie large cable coming into your house stevey, it goes right to your circut breaks, you are gonna wanna get a big knife and cut that big ass cable before it goes to the box with your circuit breakers, take that cord and find your computers power supply just shove that black cord in there, BAM your cpu will triple,,,

juji
07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
ahh yes. more power, well there's thie large cable coming into your house stevey, it goes right to your circut breaks, you are gonna wanna get a big knife and cut that big ass cable before it goes to the box with your circuit breakers, take that cord and find your computers power supply just shove that black cord in there, BAM your cpu will triple,,,

Absolutely, in case of burning computer, we advice him should buy a 5 gallons of liquid nitrogen attached to cooling tank on inside of computer

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/Blog/memory_frequency_wr/IMG_0081.jpg

whatever he accidentally touches, his fingers will appear deformed gouts really, really worse than standard gouts.

http://www.dermnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cryosurgery-warts.jpg

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I think I found a better setup............ it's not amd but god damn I just wanna be completely positive I'm getting something I can assemble, install windows 8, without anything before in-between or after

sticking with the same tower psu and gpu

I looked into it and I think the new sockets might actually really not be worth the extra million dollars, second life relies 100% on gpu and hard drive and this way I can get The Ultimate

mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128558

cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501 (this is the K model so in ten years when I can only run arma 5 on medium I can OC without any troubles though by then I'll be making my own technology)

hdd 2x: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147194 (this will actually be perfectly sufficient for second life unless those are crappy drives but I"m pretty sure they're not)

is it worth getting a non-stock heatsink and fan for the cpu? is it worth getting one of those power strips with the battery in it in case of a power outage? I'm using a regular six outlet strip from the year ten million B.C. I'm not sure how much that will matter with a monster rig like this

I'm pretty sure this might be the holy grail of computers....... I feel the most safe with this setup......

juji
07-05-2013, 04:30 PM
I think I found a better setup............ it's not amd but god damn I just wanna be completely positive I'm getting something I can assemble, install windows 8, without anything before in-between or after

sticking with the same tower psu and gpu

I looked into it and I think the new sockets might actually really not be worth the extra million dollars, second life relies 100% on gpu and hard drive and this way I can get The Ultimate

cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501 (this is the K model so in ten years when I can only run arma 5 on medium I can OC without any troubles though by then I'll be making my own technology)

hdd 2x: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147194 (this will actually be perfectly sufficient for second life unless those are crappy drives but I"m pretty sure they're not)

is it worth getting a non-stock heatsink and fan for the cpu? is it worth getting one of those power strips with the battery in it in case of a power outage? I'm using a regular six outlet strip from the year ten million B.C. I'm not sure how much that will matter with a monster rig like this

I'm pretty sure this might be the holy grail of computers....... I feel the most safe with this setup......

That's not wise if you really want to keep 60 fps in second life with ultra settings

Autistic Spectrum
07-05-2013, 04:31 PM
you will never out yiff everyone with that rig stevey

maks
07-05-2013, 04:34 PM

is it worth getting a non-stock heatsink and fan for the cpu?

is it worth getting one of those power strips with the battery in it in case of a power outage?

They're fine

Not unless you're overheating or overclocking, try it and see

Waste of $200 for your gaming rig

maks
07-05-2013, 04:36 PM
ps that board only has one pcix 16x slot, no SLI ever.

steveyos
I'm posting this to make sure the links are right I sent it to somebody for their opinion too

tower: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147157

psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139039

cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116501

gpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724

ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231677

hdd (x2): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147194

Autistic Spectrum
maybe if you rig up some sort of cooling system, for your wolf suit, your computer will run faster when you yiff in second life,

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:37 PM
6:36 PM - rubycalaber is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
6:37 PM - black ops steveyos: give marks 666 +rep in the admincp for me and dp and elz 666 -rep

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
maybe if you rig up some sort of cooling system, for your wolf suit, your computer will run faster when you yiff in second life,

http://i.imgur.com/JqJP1Mm.jpg

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME IN ULTRA WITH LIGHTING AND SHADOWS AND UGH

Autistic Spectrum
07-05-2013, 04:41 PM
it's not a game stevey, it'a a furry chat room,

Autistic Spectrum
07-05-2013, 04:42 PM
it's habbo hotel, the pools closed stevey, it's fucking closed due to furry aids

juji
07-05-2013, 04:43 PM
lol 1,000 dollars of video card... It only does more shader processors, nothing else

always stevey
07-05-2013, 04:47 PM
stevey install a warp core in your computer. faster than light internet speeds... over infiniti mbps

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
*field of ignorance for all fags itt except marks*

juji
07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Steffies should learn this:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/324/c/a/amd_vs__nvidia_by_spritanium-d3394jt.jpg

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
so if I had two cars, one with an amd logo and one with an nvidia logo, and the nvidia one had a perosn driving it and the amd one didn't, but the nvidia car had a bomb in it......... uh..........

I guess the moral of hte story is terror baby was driving the nvidia car?

steveyos
07-05-2013, 04:57 PM
what the fuck does that have to do with building a computer

always stevey
07-05-2013, 05:00 PM
hope stevey falls down the steps of Denny's.

steveyos
07-05-2013, 05:02 PM
that would require me losing my balance and I just don't do that

juji
07-05-2013, 05:06 PM
what the fuck does that have to do with building a computer

If you run Second life in ultra settings and you use Nvidia GPU, you require cooling system

steveyos
07-05-2013, 05:06 PM
says who?

juji
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
says who?

How much is your maximum balance?

steveyos
07-05-2013, 05:34 PM
$3600 but I don't think the rig I just posted can be beat for ultimate second life

Autistic Spectrum
07-05-2013, 05:45 PM
stevey, go to a trade school with that 3600 bucks, learn brick laying or something, get placed in a job, lay bricks, stop doing this, YOUR KILLING YOUR MOTHER STEVEY,

juji
07-05-2013, 05:54 PM
$3600 but I don't think the rig I just posted can be beat for ultimate second life

Seriously? $ 3600 could save your life when your mom dies, you should keep this money

the president of sex
07-05-2013, 05:56 PM
buy the computer it sounds like a steal

Cody
07-05-2013, 05:56 PM

i said that like 10 pages ago

steveyos
07-05-2013, 08:11 PM
but I hate my mom I can't wait for flag to kill her