PDA

View Full Version : the doctor says my cholesterol is too high

blumpkin blownuts
07-09-2013, 09:17 PM
so he's putting me on "the mediterranean diet" which i hope means eating more italian carryouts in addition to the 5-6 eggs i've been eating every morning for the past 6 months or so

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 09:20 PM
so he's putting me on "the mediterranean diet" which i hope means eating more italian carryouts in addition to the 5-6 eggs i've been eating every morning for the past 6 months or so
don't let him put you on any fucking meds, christ the last thing your body needs is more medication changing its chemistry from its youthful state irreversibly

blumpkin blownuts
07-09-2013, 09:22 PM
i was kinda disappointed he didn't just chuck a statin or two at me, it's a lot fucking easier for me to change my chemistry than change my diet

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 09:25 PM
doctors profit from telling you you have a disorder or an imbalance when you're really not too far off from normal;
the same with dentists who profit off telling you you have cavities when you dont and drill your mouth just for the hell of it;

EVERYBODY is out to get you man and you should NEVER leave your house ever EVER

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 09:27 PM
i was kinda disappointed he didn't just chuck a statin or two at me, it's a lot fucking easier for me to change my chemistry than change my diet

just do it

blumpkin blownuts
07-09-2013, 09:28 PM
doctors profit from telling you you have a disorder or an imbalance when you're really not too far off from normal;
the same with dentists who profit off telling you you have cavities when you dont and drill your mouth just for the hell of it;

EVERYBODY is out to get you man and you should NEVER leave your house ever EVER

omg get a new dentist, lmfao
that's why real dentists have those barbed picks that get hung in your fucking teeth when you have an actual cavity so you won't argue and actually want to get that shit taken care of asap

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Eating less meat when you have high cholesterol is actually a bad thing. See, your body metabolizes cholesterol during ketosis; and your body only enters ketosis based on the bloodstream's sugar/fat ratio.
So if you eat a lot of high cholesterol foods AND THEN eat a bunch of sugary shit like candy and donuts and whatever, your body will start to store the fat rather than metabolize it, and cholesterol levels build up and up

What you need to do is eat less sugary foods while keeping foods like red meat at moderate levels, and your body will enter ketosis and start metabolizing all the excess cholesterol in its system.

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Eating less meat when you have high cholesterol is actually a bad thing. See, your body metabolizes cholesterol the most when its in ketosis; and your body only enters ketosis based on the bloodstream's sugar/fat ratio.

So if you eat a lot of high cholesterol foods AND THEN eat a bunch of sugary shit like candy and donuts and whatever, your body will start to store the fat rather than metabolize it, and cholesterol levels build up and up

What you need to do is eat less sugary foods while keeping foods like red meat at moderate levels, and your body will enter ketosis and start metabolizing all the excess cholesterol in its system.

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 09:35 PM
References? I once lost 40 lbs during 10 days of fasting while high as fuck, thinking I was Gandhi or something

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Eating less meat when you have high cholesterol is actually a bad thing. See, your body metabolizes cholesterol the most when its in ketosis; and your body only enters ketosis based on the bloodstream's sugar/fat ratio.

steveyos
07-09-2013, 09:36 PM
why don't you just build a bridge and get over it

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 09:36 PM
wtfffff phantom double posts

blumpkin blownuts
07-09-2013, 09:39 PM
you have to pretty much abstain from all carbs to enter ketosis
if you do go into ketosis you have to have fats in order to survive, not the long-chain fats in your reserves (though they still get burned) but medium-chain fatty acids like omega-3, or short-chain acids produced from metabolizing fiber

steveyos
07-09-2013, 09:48 PM
try jumping off a really high cliff it should help with your cholestorl a lot

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Eating less meat when you have high cholesterol is actually a bad thing. See, your body metabolizes cholesterol during ketosis; and your body only enters ketosis based on the bloodstream's sugar/fat ratio.

uh no

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 10:06 PM
you have to pretty much abstain from all carbs to enter ketosis
That's where you're wrong, your body can be in ketosis and ingest carbs simultaneously, as long as that level of carbs isn't large enough to cause the body to begin storing fat rather than burning it.
It's like when you eat a lot of carbs, your body tells itself "wow, we've got all this energy to spend, and then some, well we better store some of it for later"
and that's when your body stops ketosis.
Just don't bomb your system with carbs.

if you do go into ketosis you have to have fats in order to survive, not the long-chain fats in your reserves (though they still get burned) but medium-chain fatty acids like omega-3, or short-chain acids produced from metabolizing fiber
your body is built to go long periods without eating anything; we were hunters/gatherers about 20,000-30,000 years longer than we were consumers.

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 10:11 PM
clueless as per usual

always stevey
07-09-2013, 10:18 PM
eating all those burgers and ribs.. serves you right.

juji
07-09-2013, 10:29 PM
why plug drugs is being so hipocrite as fuck?

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 10:29 PM
You don't believe your body can eat carbs and still be in ketosis? Explain to me, by what mechanism do you believe that not to be true?
I want you to cite specific organic compounds and bodily organs, or else I won't accept your theory as valid

juji
07-09-2013, 10:30 PM
not surprisingly, plug drugs is fat

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 10:33 PM
You don't believe your body can eat carbs and still be in ketosis? Explain to me, by what mechanism do you believe that not to be true?
I want you to cite specific organic compounds and bodily organs, or else I won't accept your theory as valid

BECUASE KETOSIS IS CAUSED FROM LACK OF CARBS
now fuck off you little faggot

rootbeer

BECUASE KETOSIS IS CAUSED FROM LACK OF CARBS
now fuck off you little faggot

Plug Drugs
You go into Ketosis when your liver's glycogen levels are depleted. Cells can still use glucose for energy while the body is in ketosis.

rootbeer
im sorry but its annoying as hell when you google something and try to look educated seriously get a new post style

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 10:39 PM
not surprisingly, plug drugs is fat

i can fluctuate at will, give me 3 weeks and ill come into tinychat and be skinny for you and do sexy things with my genitals for you pleasure

Plug Drugs
lets put a wager on it, if i'm skinny in 3 weeks you have to buy me arma 2

Plug Drugs
if not ill buy you a game of equal or lesser value

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 10:40 PM
im sorry but its annoying as hell when you google something and try to look educated seriously get a new post style
but you're wrong

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 10:42 PM
ketosis and eating at a deficit are not the same thing you high-on

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 10:43 PM
but you're wrong

im not going to argue with someone who has 3 brain cells

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 10:44 PM
ketosis and eating at a deficit are not the same thing you high-on

read this until it sinks in plug drugs you retard

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Ironically, your view that Ketosis can only be achieved in the complete absence of carbs is perpetuated by self-proclaimed dieticians on the internet who don't know what they're talking about.
If your body's cells couldn't still use glucose during ketosis, your brain would go dead in a matter of days

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 10:52 PM
It's just the way your body prioritizes energy reserves; your body will prefer its glycogen supply in the liver before metabolizing its body fat for energy. Body fat is only resorted to for energy after glycogen has been depleted; the easiest way to deplete your body's glycogen reserves is to not eat any carbs;

but this can also be achieved by simply eating less carbs, as long as your body is spending its glycogen faster than it can replenish it, you'll enter ketosis eventually.

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 10:54 PM
http://rubycalaber.com/forums/showthread.php?9227-the-doctor-says-my-cholesterol-is-too-high&p=775208303&viewfull=1#post775208303
keep reading it

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 11:04 PM
keep insisting that you're right without explaining your side; after all this is a popularity contest and its not like we're trying to actually better ourselves as human beings

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 11:06 PM
read it one more time

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 11:13 PM
"ketosis is not the same thing as eating at a deficit" doesn't make any fucking sense.
I've explained my point to you with logic and clarity. I can't offer you much more than that, unless you wanted me to get on all fours, start barking childish obscenities, and act like an inbred ape-child

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 11:17 PM
"ketosis is not the same thing as eating at a deficit" doesn't make any fucking sense.
I've explained my point to you with logic and clarity. I can't offer you much more than that, unless you wanted me to get on all fours, start barking childish obscenities, and act like an inbred ape-child

"clarity" is a foreign word to you. someone can explain something in complete layman's terms to you, but you are too druggd up to understand. i literally cant make this any simpler for you.

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 11:18 PM
"ketosis is not the same as eating at a deficit" is like saying "being rich is not the same as spending less money"
you're not making any sort of a point against anything i've said, you're just reciting some tidbit of information like its some new age mantra and expecting it to make me put my tail between my legs or something

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 11:20 PM
"clarity" is a foreign word to you. someone can explain something in complete layman's terms to you, but you are too druggd up to understand. i literally cant make this any simpler for you.
are you using layman's terms or are you breeding misinformation?

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 11:21 PM
drug induced dunning kruger effect

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 11:22 PM
plug drugs can you explain the alphabet to me? does A come after B or does B come before A, where does the letter Z come into all of this?

juji
07-09-2013, 11:23 PM
drug induced dunning kruger effect

I totally agree, plug drugs googles and proves hismelf he's smarter than us

Plug Drugs
07-09-2013, 11:29 PM
I totally agree, plug drugs googles and proves hismelf he's smarter than us

i don't care about seeming smarter;
if you're going to spew out information you better do your best to get it right, i don't care if you have to use google or whatever you have to use

juji
07-09-2013, 11:31 PM
^ very smart post

rootbeer
07-09-2013, 11:34 PM
dost thou even hoist?

blumpkin blownuts
07-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Ironically, your view that Ketosis can only be achieved in the complete absence of carbs is perpetuated by self-proclaimed dieticians on the internet who don't know what they're talking about.
If your body's cells couldn't still use glucose during ketosis, your brain would go dead in a matter of days

plug drugs is right and the doctors are wrong it's time to round up all the docters anmd make them take erowid 101 from the mike burg online school of pharmacokinets