PDA

View Full Version : Generic Ruby DayZ Videos Thread #15: Sniping A Chopper Special Edition

rubycalaber
07-23-2013, 05:58 PM
good to see these threads havnt completely destroyed my forum cred since my computer thread did iron man 3 numbers so lets get this thread over with before my computer gets here and I can make another thread about it that gets 20 pages uh nothing happens in this thread other than I shoot down a helicopter with an AS-50 which isnt even interesting to watch but next weeks is actually funny I promise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXO-wUPvTak

after loading in my favorite camping spot behind the counter and finding the game stole all my gear a hacker gave me I switch to a day time server since I cant night time operate without nvgs which was one of the only things I actually wanted to achieve in this game other than shooting people and there is a tense moment where there is a nigger in the room I loaded into and I can only see him through a sliver of a cracked open locker I've panned my camera into it was kinda like when Hostel accidentally became a well made film for a minute when the guy has a bag over his head and you can only see out of a little hole in it as hes trying to look around the room hes tied up in and hes looking back and fourth like hes the AI in a shit game or something so I can time it when hes gonna be looking away to pop out and scream FUCK YOU NIGGER WHITE POWER YOU FUCKING COON while blasting him and his corpse literally turns white in an attempt to escape my racism lmao and then some cheeky cunt tries to loot his body so I'm like HEY YOU THIEVING NIGGER THATS MY KILL and burst at him but he wont die because the servers being shitty so I have to run around and shoot him in the back and he starts waddling on the spot so I just leave him to unlag and appear back where I first shot him and fall over dead and then another guy comes in and I yell at him WELCOME TO THE SUPERMARKET M8 ENJOY OUR BARGAIN DEALS AND DYING while giving him a good pump full of lead but then the bullshit starts up where another guy runs in and I swear to hitler I put a lee enfield round in his head idk why I switched weapons since its better to pray and spray when in a building and then I put another one in his leg to no effect so this guy is definitely a hacker and I'm not just talking shit because EVERYONE IN THE SERVER GETS TELEPORTED TO ONE SPOT AND IM LIKE LET THE JIMMY RUSTLING COMMENCE AS EVERYONE STARTS KILLING EACH OTHER BUT OH I JUST HAD TO PICK UP THE LEE ENFIELD SO I CANT GET ANYONE UNTIL SOMEONE TAKES OUT MY LEGS SO ALL MY SHOTS HIT THE GROUND AND IM GETTING SO EXCITED MY CALL OF DUTY TRAINING TAKES OVER AND I START RELOADING MY LITERAL CLIP MID COMBAT BUT I MANAGE TO IRON SIGHTS AIM AT THIS NIGGER AND IT CREDITS ME WITH HIS DEATH AND I TRY TO GET ANOTHER GUY CRAWLING AWAY BUT I PASS OUT AND THERES JUST DEAD BODIES LITTERED EVERYWHERE welp this pretty much sums up what the game was like after about two months of being popular this was when the hacking got so over the top it wasnt just aimbots and wallhacks like in every other game ever made the hackers could teleport 20 people at once to the same spot and maybe if the dayz community wasnt so terrible we'd all just stand there looking at him like yeah now what but of course everyones a dickhead like me and starts mag dumping so of course in the weird limbo of multiplayer set up where everyone on the loading screens can talk to each other all these guys are yelling at each other and when I chip in I get called irish so I let them know that america deserved 9/11, the dark knight rises shooting and pearl harbor and they all have a Clap Out™ but as soon as I load in I'm teleported again without a gun so I just run for cover and manage to get away as everyone kills each other and the grey triangle graphical gliches start up and actually provide me cover I think this might actually be in the NEAF that I've never been to before without bullshit killing me and I actually manage to find an M16 but the triangles get so bad they literally start blotting out the sun so I cant see anyone to shoot lmao until I get teleported back to the runway and I manage to unload on a guy who seems mid logging out before I die but it doesnt register a kill in any way so whatever and then I manage to get an axe before being teleported again and I axe the fuck outta this girl and she topples over dead and for a while I thought this was a kill but after rewatching the footage she's clearly getting shot by someone else and you know how axe kills are I only hit her 3 times you have to axe someone 10 times for it to connect once and then I have a go at a guy with a fully-auto AS-50 with unlimited ammo lmao seems legit to me and then I get teleported again but no ones managed to get guns yet so we all just run away and then the hackers teleport us back together to mow us down themselves ah now I remember why I stopped playing for nine months lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlg45LxAZMU

lmao nice graphical glitches in the video preview image, and after getting literally hacked by hackers so much my game is so fucked up it spawns me in Stary Sobor which is in the middle of the map and fucking inside a house as in glitched inside the walls but thankfully I just kitty pryde that nigga and walk through the walls and I run around collecting weapons in case I get teleported to the thunderdome again but I dont need hackers to kill me the triangles and zombies have that covered absolutely fine lmao but at least I took a bunch of zombies with me that uh respawn infinitely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B86VIpLA0dI

after managing to find an AS-50 ontop of the tallest building in cherno tek tells me there's a chopper being flown around on the server hes on so I server jump over there like a hacker and there is a funny bit where I ask him if the name has a space in the server name and you can hear me impatiently snapping my fingers so he'll hurry up and respond since I can sense fun is only a click away but in this game it feels like a mile and he actually manages to kill one of the chopper crew when it lands but his m8s blast him with the choppers mini-gun and fly the fuck outta there but once I'm up there it comes back so I immediately open up on it and I have no idea how to do all the wind speed bullet drop scope range aspie bullshit so just mag dump 50 cals at as forward as I can aim so if the bullet instantly goes there it'll hit the chopper but if flight time exists in this game it'll still hit it by the time it gets there or whatever this dumb game thinks realism is and theres a cool shot where it swoops down past the tower as teknorat yells at me for not holding my load for longer as it were but they seem to be trying to have fun by circling around the tower strafing us with their mini-gun and bating us to shoot at them too bad triangles block out my screen whenever I look south so I can only shoot them 75% of the time lol and I managed to clip it right away and after a bunch of missing or not effecting it I cant tell which is which in this game I hit it again and it fucks it up so hard it just starts falling out of the sky and the pilot and gunner eject and parachute down and due to how shit the game is when one of them lands he has to sit there while his parachute does the animation for falling on the ground giving me enough time to snipe and kill him and THE HELICOPTER CRASHES AND EXPLODES IN A HUGE MUSHROOM CLOUD and then his m8 goes running past his dead body for some reason as if thats not the one place you know where not to go and me and tek open up on him but all he has is an m16 or something and I get him with my second sniper shot and tek is like OH MY FUCKING GOD RUBY YOU JUST SHOT DOWN DOWN A HELICOPTER AND KILLED THE TWO GUYS INSIDE AND I KILLED THEIR THIRD GUY ALREADY OH MY FUCKING GOD and I get excited and start clapping like a seal lmao and then tek goes down to loot them and I ask him to take a pic of the wreckage but the australian retard doesnt have steam overlay hack like me so cant take screencaps so he just takes a photo of his screen with his phone lmao
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/rubycalaber/In%20use%202/IMAG0497_zpsdce768b4.jpg~original
but when he comes back up and we blood slam I get my fucking head blown off by a sniper but at least I had fun for literally one minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGOHw144Zi8

and before I can get back up there to help teknorat tries to do some batman shit where he drops a smoke grenade to cover him looting my body to he can escape unharmed but of course the sniper thats getting us is probably too far away for the smoke to display but he can still see tek on the roof and murders him lmao thats what you get for trying to think with realism and use fun and inventive tactics but as soon as I get up there I get sniped too before I can get the epin loot I got from pro gamers up there on the last server and then after a nice big Walking Sim™ with Medium Banter™ to get back to cherno from elektro I climb back up the tallest building only to find that our bodies are gone so we take a little break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHfngqPKmis

in this video we actually dont do too shit and manage to operate successfully around cherno being good at sticking together and checking each others sixes until I run into a firestation and find two other gay lovers operating together but unfortunately for them I out operate them by immediately shooting one in the ballsack but his m8 gets me but tek comes back down the stairs and chases him out with bullets giving me enough time to wake up and bandage myself and get a blood tranny and tek tells me he'll look up the stairs in case he server hops up there and I'll watch the back door and I actually do for once coordinate well with someone and cover my area and blast the fuck outta this gayboy when he comes back in even though my bitch is shaking all about from pain and since he managed to wing me tek holds off the zombies as I bandage and I pick up a shotgun but its empty and consider taking a guys AKS-74U but I remember how shit it is and find a crossbow up the stairs I hold off the zombies with silently Daryl Dixon style but tek wants one of these dead guys Lee Enfields so lets me have his m16 and just as I'm taking it another guy comes in the back door I burst at but he legs it and I chase him around the firehouse and we have a badass gunfight where we're both wading to the side unloading at each other but I come out on top due to being pro and games and knowing to not bother aiming when hes like a meter away from me and just wave it in his general direction while hes trying to get a bead on my head or something retarded that might work in a well made game and then I take his MP5 so going through a lot of guns in this vid but then of course the game disconnects us for having too much fun so we have to find a new server that's trapped us in the stairwell with barbed wire but thankfully we can literally teleport through a wall thanks to a ladder and escape and then I illegitimately see two other gay lovers over a fence with third person running around so we head them off at the supermarket and they both funnel in through the gap in the wall so I unload my MP5 into them which they both survive due to realism but I can just run up to the wall and peak my camera over and as soon as I see one do some fiddling I come around and give him the last 10 rounds of my MP5 clip and tek flanks them from the front and gets the other guy and I presume he's dead but I see the cheeky cunt wake up and take his gun out three times if it wasnt for that BS he coulda got me but I give him a few revolver rounds in the head to keep him dead and then we have a nice wee fiddling about outside this supermarket getting owned by zombies since I can't be fucked putting the effort into aiming for these waggling about zombies heads lel but then another human shows up and unloads on tek and then the cheeky cunt uses call of duty tactics on me headglitching behind the supermarkets steps so he can get me and 90% of his body is behind cover with just his head and rifle poking over and then teks wife comes home and pegs him while I try and fail to have fun by shooting zombies with a shotgun but of course they'd rather jump out a window than play with me and the server kicks me for trying to have fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-8z5mRnts

then later that day barry has found a busted up helicopter hidden on the lost island and sends me on a mission to find some glass to repair it so there is A LOT of running around aimlessly looking for loot that you always find when you dont want it but cant find it when you do and there is an interesting bit where I'm unarmed and I find a guy getting fucked up by zombies and actually bandage him and give him a blood transfusion and he says thank you a bunch and thats it it woulnda been cool if he had saved me from the woman who murdered me on the roof of the school but since good deeds are literally pointless it never helps me out then theres a nice little example of how gay the DayZ community is but thankfully barry arrives to discuss breaking bad and how skylar fucks ted (a year later and I still havnt finished season 5 lmao) and I manage to get a glock 18 and an M4 but not a sheet of fucking glass so better loot than I'd get any other time but I cant find the one shit loot I need and for some reason I thought it would be funny to leave in barry talking about IP6 for three minutes straight and since I cant find any glass in elektro I have to run to cherno and barry flies the chopper over there pissing fuel everywhere since if you're windows cracked then obviously you're fuel tanks leaking due to realism and I have to start server hopping just to find some glass and barry finds one of the three pieces we need and we joke about how the one other guy in the server probably has an AS-50 and is coming to shoot down our chopper AND THEN THAT LITERALLY HAPPENS but barrys pro piloting manages to save the chopper and get it away from cherno before the guy can land his second hit and down hiI'm guessing that guy was a hacker and just saw where the one other person on the server was and teleported himself to them with an AS-50 but thankfully he didnt have aimbot turned on so our chopper is safe and he lands it in a near by town and finds some glass and I finally find some on my server too so we're good to go and I just have to get out of cherno without getting rustled by zombies which is easier typed than done since every time I try to go through a building they pile in on me and I have to just mag dump the glock at them and then I can server hop back to barrys server

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpe_1svBy_M

after barry lands in a field and takes out the zombies after me with his door-gun we do some lovely fiddling about to put the glass on the chopper so barry can finally have a working chopper to fly that he has been trying to get for a week and losing sleep over it and tek told me he got one working the other day but the server reset and he lost it lmao and I get to have a wee ride in a chopper for the first time which I am glad I got to do legitimately since getting a working chopper is pretty much endgame and its fun to actually work for the cool things in video games and next week I have a hacking experience that basically ruined the game and I couldnt take anything seriously anymore after seeing how some people play it but for now we fly out to that construction site place those hackers had taken over since it has fuel tanks to fill up the chopper that'll now retain its fuel due to the magic of glass windows and we have a nice wee game of running back and fourth between the chopper and the fuel tanks filling up our jerry cans and putting it into the chopper for like half an hour while zombies bother us but thankfully due to realism zombies cant walk under the helicopters propellers so we're safe as long as we're next to it and once we fill it up we attempt to have some fun in a video game and shoot the zombies with the door-guns but the gayboys wont stay still so we go for a nice we chopper ride trying to find chopper crash sites for loot but the stupid triangles wont let us look at the ground so we go down to the south west corner of the map a few meters away from The Desert Of The Real where there is no map anymore to hide the chopper to play with later on but we decide that's not a good hiding place and barry flies across the coast to hide it back on the lost island and drops me off in elektro first so I can enjoy some call of duty death match games tomorrow which you can enjoy next week when some funny shit actually happens

clay
07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
there seems to be a forum bug where locked threads arent showing up as locked. obviously thats the only reason there are :0replies: to this

steveyos
07-24-2013, 01:49 PM
not as good as juggling duck

fanfare
07-24-2013, 05:31 PM
very good thread

Autistic Spectrum
07-25-2013, 07:40 AM
really could have used some stompleb style video's

jon
07-25-2013, 08:39 AM
it's getting annoying to constantly adjust the volume on my headphones up and down, tek doesn't record his stream and it doesn't come over loud enough

steveyos
07-25-2013, 08:51 AM
my dayz videos are fine

steveyos
07-25-2013, 08:52 AM
maybe ruby should send tek a mini tape recorder to record his voice on like he does for himself then tek can send it back and ruby can put the mini tape in his usb port and boom suddenl we're all set

rubycalaber
07-25-2013, 09:45 AM
teknorat is australian so cant afford an external hd to record fraps onto, unstickying this thread since yours is way better

steveyos
07-25-2013, 11:05 AM
don't worry mine is only better because I'm in it, when me and you make a let's play dayz together the entire internet gonna blow up

Gentleman Doli
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
it's getting annoying to constantly adjust the volume on my headphones up and down, tek doesn't record his stream and it doesn't come over loud enough

why are you watching these, do u hate yourself lmao

Gentleman Doli
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
http://gyazo.com/dbcfafa4dc070ae51e7e42544c7e8ecc.png lol

steveyos
07-25-2013, 12:52 PM
the problem is ruby is hilarious but he's teamed up people who are the opposite of hilarious (tek and tim) but I'm instalilng the arma 3 dayz now and I can assure you when me adn ruby play it's gonna be Magic

rubycalaber
07-25-2013, 12:59 PM
http://gyazo.com/dbcfafa4dc070ae51e7e42544c7e8ecc.png lol

ah yes, back when this thread had 3 replies, but now it has 13!!! whos laughing now?!!! (no one, if you want to laugh go to fjs)

steveyos
07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
:glick:

jon
07-28-2013, 08:20 AM
i own the batman trilogy that scene is actually pretty good that's a hard fucking jump and he fails repeatedly

fucking mi2 is bullshit

jon
07-28-2013, 09:27 AM
barry giving all kinds of incorrect information about how ethernet addresses work to ruby

sorry i wasn't there to explain just how fucking wrong he is

again

jon
07-28-2013, 09:51 AM
lol barry you landed a helicopter on a slope skids down AND nose down that's just fucking precious

steveyos
07-28-2013, 09:52 AM
GUYS GET ARMA 3 DAYZ FINALLY SOMEONE COPY PASTED IT FROM HORRIBLE ARMA 2 TO LESS HORRIBLE ARMA 3

steveyos
07-28-2013, 09:53 AM
WWW.zoombiesmod.com

jon
07-28-2013, 10:03 AM
jerry is the nickname allies (americans/british) used for the germans during ww2 and the germans invented those cans

m0nde
07-28-2013, 10:08 AM
for some reason I thought it would be funny to leave in barry talking about IP6 for three minutes straightand he wonders why i said he's never going to be hired

the guy truly is a retard

jon
07-28-2013, 10:21 AM
https://soundcloud.com/nobody-nogroup/rubycalaber

steveyos
07-28-2013, 10:36 AM
jon did you get arma 3 dayz yet

jon
07-28-2013, 01:32 PM
ok yeah i rewatched it that scene is definitely bullshit, first of all, no free solo climber ever makes a fully dynamic leap when they're hundreds of feet above the deck, second, even if you were stupid enough to do that, and you landed it, but then started sliding down an incline like that, a little edge on the vertical surface at the bottom of the incline you're sliding down simply cannot be caught; it is physically impossible to stop yourself with only a few centimeters to put your fingertips on like that, the momentum of your whole body will just take the skin off them and keep going

Camoron
07-28-2013, 01:35 PM
who cares nobody knows what uoure talking about yiou freak lmao

maks
07-28-2013, 01:38 PM
and he wonders why i said he's never going to be hired

the guy truly is a retard

I tried to explain to him months ago that a mac address is not personally identifying information so it doesn't matter if it's integrated into the ipv6 address but he didn't listen

steveyos
07-28-2013, 01:43 PM
I got arma 3 dayz working

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 02:01 PM
i own the batman trilogy that scene is actually pretty good that's a hard fucking jump and he fails repeatedly

fucking mi2 is bullshit

why doesnt he just climb up the fucking rope they catch him with :arms: fuck tdkr

jerry is the nickname allies (americans/british) used for the germans during ww2 and the germans invented those cans

http://www.promoboxx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2012/10/the_more_you_know.jpeg

https://soundcloud.com/nobody-nogroup/rubycalaber

:rofl:

ok yeah i rewatched it that scene is definitely bullshit, first of all, no free solo climber ever makes a fully dynamic leap when they're hundreds of feet above the deck, second, even if you were stupid enough to do that, and you landed it, but then started sliding down an incline like that, a little edge on the vertical surface at the bottom of the incline you're sliding down simply cannot be caught; it is physically impossible to stop yourself with only a few centimeters to put your fingertips on like that, the momentum of your whole body will just take the skin off them and keep going

tom cruise can do that because he released enough thetans

I got arma 3 dayz working

me too, if anyone wants to play with us follow this video to have "fun" in the beta for a broken military sim turned into a broken walking sim and you can be in my videos of it that will get posted in porbably literally a years time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFzMr-KhsMM

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 02:10 PM
I tried to explain to him months ago that a mac address is not personally identifying information so it doesn't matter if it's integrated into the ipv6 address but he didn't listen

here is when he starts talking about it if you would like to humiliate barry and not have to watch my 999999 minutes of walking sim footage: http://youtu.be/qE-8z5mRnts?t=10m47s

Gentleman Doli
07-28-2013, 02:11 PM
jerry is the nicnkname of my friend Jerry. Jerry is 25 years old and he is a computer programmer, but his degree is in Physics. Jerry is an alright guy. Thats what they named the cnas after, my friend Jerry

maks
07-28-2013, 02:16 PM
here is when he starts talking about it if you would like to humiliate barry and not have to watch my 999999 minutes of walking sim footage: http://youtu.be/qE-8z5mRnts?t=10m47s

yeah this is the same bullshit. your mac address is already exposed on the internet (unless you're NATed in which case they have your router's MAC address) and there's no way for someone to find you via your MAC address

and yes you can still use a proxy you can also easily spoof your MAC address

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
good, I dont want the goverment spying on my mac and cheese :arms:

steveyos
07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
I use EZ MAC

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 02:22 PM
I use MACintosh brand macaroni and cheese, I should ask barry if that will be secure with IP6

maks
07-28-2013, 02:27 PM
the biggest concern with ipv6 is it's the end of NAT

so right now all the computers on your network are all on a LAN together, and when they go out to the internet they go throuh your router. the internet sees one connection from all of them, your router's connection, and if you want to run a game server or something you have to set up port forwarding. It's pretty easy to keep your shit isolated.

With IPv6 every device is connected directly to the internet. They still go through your router/modem, but they each have their own publicly accessible address. Rubynet will know if I'm connecting from my laptop or my desktop or my phone connected to wifi. So suddenly it matters if you have the windows firewall enabled, etc. It's going to be a security nightmare for people who don't know what they're doing. It's going to make thins easier for people like flaggercat, though, if you want a new IP address just buy a $10 network card from newegg and slap that fucker in your machine.

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 02:36 PM
and when will this be implemented? dont think we have to worry about flag specifically since he will have been dead from old age for a few years by the time this comes out

Camoron
07-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Its been implemented for years but nobody uses it yet lol

maks
07-28-2013, 02:40 PM
and when will this be implemented? dont think we have to worry about flag specifically since he will have been dead from old age for a few years by the time this comes out

it's tough to say, every year since like 2001 has been "the year of ipv6". windows servers use it pretty extensively to talk to workstations on the same LAN (you can fuck shit up by turning off the ipv6 tun adapter) and in fact your win 7 machine already has an ipv6 address it gave itself but as for when it hits the internet that's up to the ISPs

jon
07-28-2013, 03:27 PM
yeah this is the same bullshit. your mac address is already exposed on the internet (unless you're NATed in which case they have your router's MAC address) and there's no way for someone to find you via your MAC address

and yes you can still use a proxy you can also easily spoof your MAC address

i don't know what you're talking about either

ethernet addresses get stripped right off the frame between each physical hop no matter what it is

and on the NIC they're stored in EEPROM so you can change it anytime you like, if you're interested in doing that kind of thing

steveyos
07-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I turned off the firewall on my router because second life was taking too long to load now it loads instantly but fucking a couple games like warframe are still talking about a NAT bullshit even though they're allowed through windows firewall so what the fuck are they complaining about

maks
07-28-2013, 03:32 PM
i don't know what you're talking about either

ethernet addresses get stripped right off the frame between each physical hop no matter what it is

and on the NIC they're stored in EEPROM so you can change it anytime you like, if you're interested in doing that kind of thing

nmap -sP -n {ip address}

steveyos
07-28-2013, 03:33 PM
I even tried opening the ports for warframe and it still did it maybe it's just because it's in beta and it literally just says that error every time just to say it

jon
and you can't prevent someone from using NAT just because their peer is ipv6-only

maks
did that from memory might not be the right command but you get my point

maks
07-28-2013, 03:35 PM
and you can't prevent someone from using NAT just because their peer is ipv6-only

that's true but in an ipv6 world nat is unnecessary for most people so it won't be confiured by default so it's going to be an extra step to set up which no one will actually do

jon
07-28-2013, 04:00 PM
well the end of something would be banning or prohibiting it for some reason

public addressible devices in a home is not more desireable than NAT, so NAT will stick around

jon
07-28-2013, 04:02 PM
nmap -sP -n {ip address}

-sP: Ping Scan - go no further than determining if host is online
-n/-R: Never do DNS resolution/Always resolve [default: sometimes]

jon@pronbox:~$ nmap -sP -n wroth.org

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-07-28 17:02 CDT
Host 64.62.205.225 is up (0.054s latency).
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.15 seconds

maks
07-28-2013, 04:09 PM
well the end of something would be banning or prohibiting it for some reason

public addressible devices in a home is not more desireable than NAT, so NAT will stick around

I disagree, I think the ISPs will configure their devices in the simplest way possible, and if you do a quick wardrive a good 75% of people are using ISP provided devices running the default config

I'm not passionate enough that I want to argue about it though, I guess we'll see in 20 years when ipv6 finally gets deployed to everyone

jon
07-28-2013, 04:18 PM
you're thinking of

-S <IP_Address>: Spoof source address
--spoof-mac <mac address/prefix/vendor name>: Spoof your MAC address

but i'm not sure why since this tells nmap to write the layer 2 frame itself

which goes to the next physical hop, no matter what it is, where it is changed for a subsequent hop

Gentleman Doli
07-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Hello, computer worker guy here

jon
07-28-2013, 04:41 PM
the only real world device that does not make a physical hop is a hub and nobody makes or uses those anymore, or a switch which just puts the signal on the right port given the frame header

steveyos
07-28-2013, 04:49 PM
I have so many usb 3.0 ports

maks
07-28-2013, 04:49 PM
you're thinking of

-S <IP_Address>: Spoof source address
--spoof-mac <mac address/prefix/vendor name>: Spoof your MAC address

but i'm not sure why since this tells nmap to write the layer 2 frame itself

which goes to the next physical hop, no matter what it is, where it is changed for a subsequent hop

I spent like 10 minutes trying to get the MAC address of rubycalaber.com and it turns out you're right. I'm not sure where I got the impression you can do this (maybe I was scanning a public IP via the loopback from within the same network?) but I concede defeat and admit that I should have known better.

I still believe that the MAC address is no big deal though and think barry is dumb to be worried about it, we both agree that MAC addresses are easy enough to spoof or change and it's not like anyone is keeping a database of who owns what device.

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 04:52 PM
wtf stop hacking my site m8

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 04:52 PM
rubycalaber.com's MAC address: 4815162342

steveyos
07-28-2013, 04:53 PM
am I safe?

maks
07-28-2013, 05:07 PM
wtf stop hacking my site m8

the same box hosting your website has pop3 and imap enabled, can I have a @rubycalaber.com email address?

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 05:08 PM
uh............................................. are you going to trade cp with it?

maks
07-28-2013, 05:13 PM
no I'm never even going to use it I just want to brag about having one

steveyos
07-28-2013, 07:04 PM
no I'm never even going to use it I just want to brag about having one kissy kissy

can you please help me set up my computer so I can turn my router fireall back on so pat doesn't get me and somehow get warframe o stop complaining about ports even when the fucking firewall is fucking off

steveyos
07-28-2013, 07:05 PM
I think borderlands 2 did it too but only once or some other game I've trioed port forward.com it doesn't have my router

Battery Bits
02-05-2017, 06:31 AM
551 bump