PDA

View Full Version : Gotta furnish my apt,

Gentleman Doli
07-28-2013, 05:59 PM
how much should i budget 4 tihs shit. YTMNSFW, i need your help, please, help me

Gentleman Doli
how much should i budget 4 tihs shit. YTMNSFW, i need your help, please, help me

69 dollars ought to do the trick.

Gentleman Doli
69 dollars ought to do the trick.

Are you fucking serious/ Theres no way you can furnish a whole apt that way unless u want to pick up furniture off the street. I think a fair price is 420.

Gentleman Doli
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Are you fucking serious/ Theres no way you can furnish a whole apt that way unless u want to pick up furniture off the street. I think a fair price is 420.

:facepalm: :picardfacepalmguy: :whateverfaceplamguy: :trollfaceman: "RONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - lex lether from the star trek movie. I spent about 666 dollars on my last apartment.

maks
07-28-2013, 06:05 PM
look for curb drops on craigslist, they're free and come with bedbugs for no additional cost

Gentleman Doli
07-28-2013, 06:06 PM
look for curb drops on craigslist, they're free and come with bedbugs for no additional cost

ya lol fuck taht, my buddy had to pay like 1.5k for three bedbug treatments, itd literally be cheaper to just buy furniture

macpro
07-28-2013, 06:09 PM
just go live with your boy friends and call it a fags nest.

Autistic Spectrum
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
ramen and monde had a baby and called it cbarry aspie goat, that lived in a fags nest

rubycalaber
07-28-2013, 06:31 PM
hire cody to paint it for you :wink:

Gentleman Doli
07-28-2013, 06:33 PM
:swoon:
hire cody to paint it for you :wink:

Autistic Spectrum
07-28-2013, 06:35 PM
god it's so hard to paint, first you have to put blue tape on things, then put down tarps, then my god you have to pour the paint in a thing then WTF YOU HAVE TO PAINT THE WALLS WITH IT

maks
07-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Primer comes before paint.
Tempted to skip the primer? Primer not only provides a good surface for the paint, but it also brings out the paint’s true color.

Paint like a pro.
Painting is your chance to show off your skills. Use an edge pad for clean lines around doorframes, ceiling edges and corners so your walls look great — down to every last detail.

Create a sticky situation.
Paint won’t stick to the wall if you haven’t taken the time to prep. The surface must be clean, non-glossy and in good condition.

One gallon at a time.
How much paint will it take to cover your walls? The pros recommend one gallon for every 400 square feet. Covering textured, rough or unprimed surfaces may require more.

Dry days make good painting days.
Moisture in the air keeps water-based paint from drying. Skip the humid afternoon paint project and slow drying walls won’t wreck the rest of your day.

Put your sandwich bags to work.
Slip a small plastic bag over your doorknobs and tape the edge to avoid getting paint in places it wasn’t meant to go. You’re so resourceful.

Out with the old.
If the old paint on your wall is flaking off, it’s a good idea to buy a paint scraper and get it out of the way. Once all the old paint is gone, sand the surface smooth, prime and your new paint will look great.

Clean finish.
If you’re looking for paint in high-traffic areas, semi-gloss is the way to go. Shiny and durable, semi-gloss is a parent’s best friend.

Give the walls a sponge bath.
Washing your walls from top to bottom is always recommended because paint sticks better to a clean surface.

Don’t look back.
Once an area starts to dry, it’s best to leave it alone. Going back over it can leave marks and color streaks in the paint’s surface.

Polka dots look good on fabric—not floors.
Unless you’re trying to paint your floor, we recommend covering it up with a drop cloth. It’s the cheap, easy way to save yourself a whole lot of irritation.

Take away the shine.
Paint doesn’t always adhere to glossy surfaces. We recommend using a light grade sandpaper to take the gloss off the surface so your new paint sticks like it should.

Turn in the brush.
Small rooms can feel gigantic when it comes to painting. A roller will do a better job than a paint brush in less time.

Spare the wall plates.
Before you start, remove all wall plates and tape off light switches and electrical outlets. You’ll get high marks for professional-looking results.

Patience is a virtue.
You’ve completed your mission to fix every imperfection with patching compound. Now, make sure it’s dry. Then sand smooth, prime, and you’ll have a surface good enough for any pro.

Autistic Spectrum
07-28-2013, 06:41 PM
ONCE AND A WHJILE YOU EVEN HAVE TO SPACKLE THE WALLS, I BETTER CALL A PRO

macpro
07-28-2013, 06:43 PM
doli paint your walls pink.

Gentleman Doli
07-28-2013, 06:44 PM
im gonna rent a 2 bedroom townhouse-style apt and use one of the bedrooms as my "mancave", i.e. the place where i jack off to pictuirse of cortana from halo 2

macpro
07-28-2013, 06:47 PM
servicing grandma is hard work.

steveyos
07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
I don't use painters tape my 42 year old friend who's been doing general contracting for over 80 years showed me how to paint ultra champion and I was the only person he trusted to help paint the inside of his new house

lnopia the great
07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
listen anyone can paint we get it but not everyone can work hard enough or do a good enough job

steveyos
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm really fucking talented and don't deserve to live like this also just go to the salvation army some of them are really nice and not gross but it all depends on that particular building, there's one near here that seriously has good as new furniture for cheap

lnopia the great
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
although im not convinced cody would do either

steveyos
07-28-2013, 07:01 PM
oh real talk if there's a Bob's furniture near you get a bob-o-pedic bed same thing as tempurpeidc but only $600 the ONLY time I'm ever comfortable literally is when I'm laying in that bed

Garfield
07-28-2013, 08:03 PM
lol like any of these guys know anything about fashion, design, or money management, stick with me doli

first what kind of person re you? outdoors? computer type? anime?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/

here is an independetn store with some good prices and you will find alot of things you never even knew existed and the best part is if you like legos everything comes seperate and you get to build it just like k'nex!

Garfield
07-28-2013, 08:05 PM
this if youre boring,

http://www.roomstogo.com/?cid=ps:Google|Brand%20-%20TX|General|rooms%20to%20go&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand%20-%20TX&utm_content=General&utm_term=rooms%20to%20go&gclid=COnZhNDO07gCFREV7AodXxUA9A

im suggesting these cause theyre all over texas, im sure theres a bi-rite furniture or something near you you can get a living room set with a free tv for like 799, you just have to check those shitty newspapers you get in the mail that you usually throw away

Gentleman Doli
07-28-2013, 08:47 PM
ikea is too far away from where im at unfortunately, rooms to go is a good recomendation tho preciate u dude

steveyos YOLO
07-28-2013, 09:41 PM
im sure theres a bi-rite furniture or something near you you can get a living room set with a free tv for like 799, you just have to check those shitty newspapers you get in the mail that you usually throw away

That's basically what their furniture is made from

steveyos
07-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I hope you go with bob-o-pedic or tempurpedic just try it at the store if you don't believe me

jon
07-29-2013, 06:27 AM
don't be gay, rent a pickup truck and drive to ikea

Gentleman Doli
07-29-2013, 09:33 AM
don't be gay, rent a pickup truck and drive to ikea

it's a 6 hour drive, why would i do that lmao

steveyos
07-29-2013, 10:32 AM
my back hurt really bad from tinychatting for so long, really bad, if I didn't have my bob-o-pedic I'd be in the hospital right now

steveyos
07-29-2013, 10:33 AM
that's kinda a bad thing though because I can completely fuck up my exercise routine and not pay for it any more I just lay down and feel great

steveyos
07-29-2013, 10:33 AM
but for someone who doesn't have as much aids as I do, it's perfect

Cody
07-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Primer comes before paint.
Tempted to skip the primer? Primer not only provides a good surface for the paint, but it also brings out the paint’s true color.

Paint like a pro.
Painting is your chance to show off your skills. Use an edge pad for clean lines around doorframes, ceiling edges and corners so your walls look great — down to every last detail.

Create a sticky situation.
Paint won’t stick to the wall if you haven’t taken the time to prep. The surface must be clean, non-glossy and in good condition.

One gallon at a time.
How much paint will it take to cover your walls? The pros recommend one gallon for every 400 square feet. Covering textured, rough or unprimed surfaces may require more.

Dry days make good painting days.
Moisture in the air keeps water-based paint from drying. Skip the humid afternoon paint project and slow drying walls won’t wreck the rest of your day.

Put your sandwich bags to work.
Slip a small plastic bag over your doorknobs and tape the edge to avoid getting paint in places it wasn’t meant to go. You’re so resourceful.

Out with the old.
If the old paint on your wall is flaking off, it’s a good idea to buy a paint scraper and get it out of the way. Once all the old paint is gone, sand the surface smooth, prime and your new paint will look great.

Clean finish.
If you’re looking for paint in high-traffic areas, semi-gloss is the way to go. Shiny and durable, semi-gloss is a parent’s best friend.

Give the walls a sponge bath.
Washing your walls from top to bottom is always recommended because paint sticks better to a clean surface.

Don’t look back.
Once an area starts to dry, it’s best to leave it alone. Going back over it can leave marks and color streaks in the paint’s surface.

Polka dots look good on fabric—not floors.
Unless you’re trying to paint your floor, we recommend covering it up with a drop cloth. It’s the cheap, easy way to save yourself a whole lot of irritation.

Take away the shine.
Paint doesn’t always adhere to glossy surfaces. We recommend using a light grade sandpaper to take the gloss off the surface so your new paint sticks like it should.

Turn in the brush.
Small rooms can feel gigantic when it comes to painting. A roller will do a better job than a paint brush in less time.

Spare the wall plates.
Before you start, remove all wall plates and tape off light switches and electrical outlets. You’ll get high marks for professional-looking results.

Patience is a virtue.
You’ve completed your mission to fix every imperfection with patching compound. Now, make sure it’s dry. Then sand smooth, prime, and you’ll have a surface good enough for any pro.

wow thats ancient i hope nobody actually uses more than about half the common sense info here, new products make life much easier.

I don't use painters tape my 42 year old friend who's been doing general contracting for over 80 years showed me how to paint ultra champion and I was the only person he trusted to help paint the inside of his new house

this.