Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by markz
    oh no, potus thinks I should be punished for spitting on the memory of my own grandfather's who shed blood for my ability to spit on their memory, I'm becoming an alarmist like elz!!!

2. Collapse Details

Your president has advocated for the repeal of the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments and now he's going after the 1st. That's not alarmism, it's a play-by-play of his twitter account.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy's Girl
    I equate a colorful piece of cloth to the nation itself and also everyone who's ever served in its military because I am a simpleton

4. Collapse Details

Imagine our grandfathers getting shelled in a foxhole, scared shitless, and grandpa marks say 'hope my grandson thinks it's cool to burn the flag'.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lina Goldberg View Post
    have you no principles?

6. Collapse Details

My grandfather would have recognized, as the founding fathers did, that the flag is a meaningless decoration and it's the principles in the constitution that he was fighting for. The principles your president wants to destroy.
    Last edited by maks; 07-12-2018 at 06:35 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Does your grandfather know you're a hypocrite?

8. Collapse Details

Please point me to the section where any of these swear loyalty to the flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Army Oath of Enlistment
    I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Presidential Oath of Office
    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Congressional Oath of Office
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

9. Collapse Details

Does your grandfather know you've gone beyond the realm of unamerican into the mire of anti-American hypocrisy. Multiple times you've said we need to tear down the greatest nation in human history just cuz feels.

10. Collapse Details

Go burn a flag in your home in your own privacy, I don't care - do it in public and someone is going to break your nose loser

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Commissioned Officer's Oath
    I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
    Quote Originally Posted by The National Guard's Oath
    I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___, that I make this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the Office of [grade] in the Army/Air National Guard of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ on which I am about to enter, so help me God.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The National Guard's Oath
    I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___, that I make this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the Office of [grade] in the Army/Air National Guard of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ on which I am about to enter, so help me God.

13. Collapse Details

Does your grandfather know you've gone beyond the realm of unamerican into the mire of anti-American hypocrisy. Multiple times you've said we need to tear down the greatest nation in human history just cuz feels.
    We need to return this nation to the founders' intended vision. One nation, just barely, focused solely on liberty and justice for the people. The day we started treating the president as anything more than a guy doing a job we lost that. You're a symptom of the sickness which has destroyed this country.

14. Collapse Details

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, including the sitting president.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, including the sitting president.
    Okay go burn a flag Mr patriot.

16. Collapse Details

Okay go burn a flag Mr patriot.
    I will, as soon as they ban flag burning. On that day there won't be anything left of this country worth defending.

17. Collapse Details

We need to return this nation to the founders' intended vision. One nation, just barely, focused solely on liberty and justice for the people. The day we started treating the president as anything more than a guy doing a job we lost that. You're a symptom of the sickness which has destroyed this country.
    Im sure the founding fathers are so proud of a nation full of dishonorable brats who advocate for the destruction of the nation they shed blood for.

18. Collapse Details

I will, as soon as they ban flag burning. On that day there won't be anything left of this country worth defending.
    Plus he can't make laws as potus, so it isn't illegal to express his opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's just trying to energize patriotism so the public will be inspired to bash antifa back

19. Collapse Details

advocate for the destruction of the nation they shed blood for.
    Like you and your president?

20. Collapse Details

But you're right, I'm sure the founders wrote the bill of rights thinking "I hope these ideals get thrown away in 250 years when mindless rabid nationalists start to find them inconvenient"

21. Collapse Details

If you really gave a shit you would be out protesting and burning flags every day but instead youre just an alarmist making a fool of yourself cuz posturing on rubynet lmfao
    Last edited by Lina Goldberg; 07-12-2018 at 06:59 AM.

22. Collapse Details

Like you and your president?
    Great logic man, advocating measures to stop the destruction of this nation is advocating for destruction of this nation....

Cool guy marksman has all the coolest edgy opinions that he doesn't actually give a shit about because its cool. Cool as fuck!

23. Collapse Details

He hasn't done anything worth protesting yet. If he actually makes a move on the bill of rights there's going to be an insurrection in this country and I may or may not be part of it. Until then, only a fucking idiot would defend or praise an elected official that threatens things like that, that's asking for trouble.

24. Collapse Details

Great logic man, advocating measures to stop the destruction of this nation is advocating for destruction of this nation....

Cool guy marksman has all the coolest edgy opinions that he doesn't actually give a shit about because its cool. Cool as fuck!
    The destruction of the first amendment is the destruction of this nation. we can survive a flag burning, we've done it before, it doesn't do anything but hurt the feelings of people with dumb priorities.

25. Collapse Details

I hope you're trolling right now because if you honestly think burning a flag is worse than eliminating one of the core liberties this country was founded upon then you're too stupid to help

26. Collapse Details

Marks thinks the president no longer has first ammendment right to disagree while expressing his first ammendment right of disagreeing just because his opinion is massivly unpopular and his edgy feels are hurt...

27. Collapse Details

I hope you're trolling right now because if you honestly think burning a flag is worse than eliminating one of the core liberties this country was founded upon then you're too stupid to help
    I actually don't care but that doesn't mean potus isn't allowed to have an opinion.

28. Collapse Details

Go burn a flag in your home in your own privacy, I don't care - do it in public and someone is going to break your nose loser

29. Collapse Details

Symbolism has always been a major part of mankind, pretending like the flag is just a meaningless cloth is like saying the statue of liberty is just a hunk of metal.

30. Collapse Details

He's totally allowed to have an opinion, I'm not advocating throwing him in jail. I'm allowed to think he's an asshole, he's saying things the president shouldn't say, and anyone who still supports him after this has their head up their ass. That's my right, for now at least.

Thread Information