Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

There a difference bewteen immigrants and colonists, the colonists were considered as inferior citizens who are scheduled to gather the resources and create new states, then tribute to native country.

The colonists also are considered as "native immigrants" who born in colony states.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffies Yelle View Post
    I'll kill myself live on cam as soon as there's proof I literlaly promise, I will sincerely kill myself as soon as I see elz's computer playing arma 3 maxed with all nvidia exclusive graphics

2. Collapse Details

"native immigrants" is quite the oxymoron

3. Collapse Details

Exactly, this is american style

I'll kill myself live on cam as soon as there's proof I literlaly promise, I will sincerely kill myself as soon as I see elz's computer playing arma 3 maxed with all nvidia exclusive graphics

4. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by juji View Post
    Cbarry, can you tell her to take a pic with timestamp?
    juji it's not his g/f

it's just a pic of a girl in pink hot pants he found on the internet

5. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    colonists came from England

America was a penal colony of England

6. Collapse Details

no new niggers lnopia the great's Avatar
    im going to immigrate my penal colony in that girls undoubtfully beautiful ass

**This account has been officially hacked and the original user is not liable for any future posts**

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Claus View Post
    colonists came from England

America was a penal colony of England
    America is where England sent its religious nutjobs. Australia got the better deal with inmates when England was exiling undesireables.

8. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by 0bnoxious0ne View Post
    America is where England sent its religious nutjobs. Australia got the better deal with inmates when England was exiling undesireables.
    No.

The British used colonial North America as a penal colony through a system of indentured servitude. Merchants would transport the convicts and auctioned them off to (for example) plantation owners upon arrival in the colonies. It is estimated that some 50,000 British convicts were sent to colonial America, representing perhaps one-quarter of all British emigrants during the 18th century.[1] The British also would often ship Irish and Scots to the Americas whenever rebellions took place in Ireland or Scotland, and they would be treated similar to the convicts, except that this also included women and children.

When that avenue closed in the 1780s after the American Revolution, Britain began using parts of what is now known as Australia as penal settlements. Australian penal colonies included Norfolk Island, Van Dieman's Land (Tasmania), Queensland and New South Wales. Advocates of Irish Home Rule or of Trade Unionism (the Tolpuddle Martyrs) sometimes received sentences of deportation to these Australian colonies.[citation needed]. Without the allocation of the available convict labor to farmers, to pastoral squatters and to Government projects such as roadbuilding, colonisation of Australia would not have been possible,[citation needed] especially considering the considerable drain on non-convict labor caused by several goldrushes that took place in the second half of the 19th century after the flow of convicts had dwindled and (in 1868) ceased.

Bermuda, off the North American continent, was also used during the Victorian period. Convicts housed in hulks were used to build the Royal Naval Dockyard there, and during the Second Boer War (1899-1902), Boer prisoners-of-war were sent to the archipelago and imprisoned on one of the smaller islands.

In colonial India, the British made various penal colonies. Two of the most infamous ones are on the Andaman islands and Hijli. In the early days of settlement, Singapore was the recipient of Indian convicts, who were tasked with clearing the jungles for settlement and early public works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_colony

9. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    also someone please post the camel toe edition of tim in his pink hot pants

10. Collapse Details

11. Collapse Details

i daer you to make it out of ferguson alive
    Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    that isn't ice cream, the texture is all off... maybe it's sherbert?
    its gelato
    *call centre crew*
    *hate talking to people crew*
    *get abused for a living crew*
    *sexually harassed by hot women crew*

12. Collapse Details

I am postulate one blumpkin blownuts's Avatar
    UK used america as a mercantile colony too, much moreso than a penal colony, but it is a 100% penal colony because lisa can't ever be wrong

13. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexi Persimmons View Post
    that's it

thankyou

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by blumpkin blownuts View Post
    UK used america as a mercantile colony too, much moreso than a penal colony, but it is a 100% penal colony because lisa can't ever be wrong
    It's funny when people who defend their country who aren't owners of country.

I just wanted to make Cody rages out when i say USA is founded by immigrants was a joke, in fact is founded by colonists, however development of america was built by immigrants.

15. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    well I'm not wrong you dumb shit

you provide a reference and stop blowing shit out your ass

I have a major in History

you have a major in nothing

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    its gelato
    what the christ is gelato

17. Collapse Details

There is only one penal state, it's Georgia

18. Collapse Details

gelato = helado in italian, you know helado is ice cream in spanish, but special

19. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    what do you mean you don't know what gelato is fatso? Pull the other one

20. Collapse Details

I just googled it and it's essentially sherbert but with more eggs

21. Collapse Details

I am postulate one blumpkin blownuts's Avatar
    well I'm not wrong you dumb shit

you provide a reference and stop blowing shit out your ass

I have a major in History

you have a major in nothing
    You were wrong about it before and you're wrong about it still
    http://rubycalaber.com/forums/showth...t=penal+colony

22. Collapse Details

To be honest, Georgia was a penal state, not the whole states during the colony

23. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    You were wrong about it before and you're wrong about it still
    http://rubycalaber.com/forums/showth...t=penal+colony
    nope idiot

I have provided many legitimate references

I also studied it at university

a link to a topic in this forum is not considered a legitimate reference

24. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    There is only one penal state, it's Georgia
    No. Georgia was founded specifically as a penal colony but was not the only one in America

25. Collapse Details

that girl has ass for dayssss

26. Collapse Details

No. Georgia was founded specifically as a penal colony but was not the only one in America
    Stop idioting yourself without shame

Jamestown isn't speficially as a penal colony

27. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    Stop idioting yourself without shame

Jamestown isn't speficially as a penal colony
    get a new line fuckwit

I'm clearly the only person here who actually knows what they are talking about it

funny that as I actually have a degree in it and have provided many legitimate references

you do not

Don't make yourself look fucking stupid to me.

Sad thing is next to me you seem to more about it than any of these morons... even then you are just making yourself look like a moron to me right now.

It's possibly an english problem you are having so I'll explain again.

Georgia was founded specifically as a penal colony but was not the only ONE in America, as in was not the ONLY penal colony in America as you previous claimed, you yourself just mentioned another one, Jamestown... there were penal colonies all over north America
    Last edited by Lisa Claus; 02-22-2013 at 01:33 AM.

28. Collapse Details

get a new line fuckwit

I'm clearly the only person here who actually knows what they are talking about it

funny that as I actually have a degree in it and have provided many legitimate references

you do not

Don't make yourself look fucking stupid to me.

Sad thing is next to me you seem to more about it than any of these morons... even then you are just making yourself look like a moron to me right now.

It's possibly an english problem you are having so I'll explain again.

Georgia was founded specifically as a penal colony but was not the only ONE in America, as in was not the ONLY penal colony in America as you previous claimed, you yourself just mentioned another one, Jamestown... there were penal colonies all over north America

You mean Penal transportation, it's the main reason for slavery

29. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    You mean Penal transportation, it's the main reason for slavery
    I mean penal colonies

many of the british colonies were used as penal colonies and Georgia was founded SPECIFICALLY just as one, that does not mean the other colonies were not used as penal colonies, they were and you already mentioned another one, Jamestown

and yes many of the the prisoners were sent under indentured servitude which amounts pretty much to slavery, unlike though with the African slaves this slavery of whites was what is called an "open system of slavery" as in once their debt to society, period of time or financial debt was paid they were released from the slavery and became free men, unlike the African slaves who were in a "closed system of slavery" which no amount of time would release them from and which they were not criminals to begin with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indentured_servant

many of the British convicts were sent to North America under this system... I mean that was the whole idea of convicts and penal colonies, it wasn't to lock them up in prisons, it was to send them to a place they couldn't escape from and force them to work and colonise the continents... the idea was that these criminals would end up being self governed in the end and in time have their own criminal system... that a class of criminals would emerge from what was orginally a class of criminals and it would up to them how to deal with them. It was to keep the "civilised" people safe from the criminal class... just transport them to other not yet established colonies and basically have them do all the work. The political prisoners often quickly rose to the top of these newly founded hierachies.

The convicts were of the same nature that were sent to Australia, North America was the primary and first penal colonies for britain until the war of independence at which point Australia was used. Britian still holds some territories in America even today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...as_Territories
    Last edited by Lisa Claus; 02-22-2013 at 02:24 AM.

30. Collapse Details

Lisa Claus
    king steveyos
    I mean penal colonies

many of the british colonies were used as penal colonies and Georgia was founded SPECIFICALLY just as one, that does not mean the other colonies were not used as penal colonies, they were and you already mentioned another one, Jamestown

and yes many of the the prisoners were sent under indentured servitude which amounts pretty much to slavery, unlike though with the African slaves this slavery of whites was what is called an "open system of slavery" as in once their debt to society, period of time or financial debt was paid they were released from the slavery and became free men, unlike the African slaves who were in a "closed system of slavery" which no amount of time would release them from and which they were not criminals to begin with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indentured_servant

many of the British convicts were sent to North America under this system... I mean that was the whole idea of convicts and penal colonies, it wasn't to lock them up in prisons, it was to send them to a place they couldn't escape from and force them to work and colonise the continents... the idea was that these criminals would end up being self governed in the end and in time have their own criminal system... that a class of criminals would emerge from what was orginally a class of criminals and it would up to them how to deal with them. It was to keep the "civilised" people safe from the criminal class... just transport them to other not yet established colonies and basically have them do all the work. The political prisoners often quickly rose to the top of these newly founded hierachies.

The convicts were of the same nature that were sent to Australia, North America was the primary and first penal colonies for britain until the war of independence at which point Australia was used. Britian still holds some territories in America even today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...as_Territories
    "A penal colony is a settlement used to exile prisoners and separate them from the general populace by placing them in a remote location, often an island or distant colonial territory. Although the term can be used to refer to a correctional facility located in a remote location it is more commonly used to refer to communities of prisoners overseen by wardens or governors having absolute authority.

Historically penal colonies have often been used for penal labour in an economically underdeveloped part of a state's (usually colonial) territories, and on a far larger scale than a prison farm. In practice such penal colonies may be little more than slave communities. The British, French, and other colonial empires heavily used North America and other parts of the world as penal colonies to varying degrees, sometimes under the guise of indentured servitude or similar arrangements.
    "
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_colony
    Last edited by Lisa Claus; 02-22-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Thread Information