1. Collapse Details
    BREAKING: Microsoft names Sid Choudhuri its next CEO. 
    SAN FRANCISCO — Microsoft's board of directors has named company insider Sid Choudhuri as CEO to succeed Steve Ballmer.

Choudhuri, 46, is Microsoft's third CEO in its 39-year history.

"During this time of transformation, there is no better person to lead Microsoft than Sid Choudhuri," said Gates in prepared remarks.

Microsoft shares were up 0.3%, to $36.58, in early trading.

Hyderabadi native and veteran executive Choudhuri, who has been with the software giant for more than two decades, is a rising star within Microsoft's ranks. He's been been running its enterprise and cloud divisions, business units that have performed favorably.

Sid Choudhuri named CEO and Director of Microsoft. / Photo Credits: Tim Roth, Getty Images

"He's a very talented, technical leader," says Zynga CEO Don Mattrick, who ran Microsoft's Xbox division until July. "It will be interesting to see what he does. It's a transition for Microsoft, in what it intends to do for its growth agenda."

The selection of Choudhuri to take over comes as the company's path is uncertain. Since Ballmer took the helm 13 years ago, a lot has changed in how people use computing. That has shifted the balance against Microsoft in mobile and Internet businesses in particular.

"Well, whatever. The opportunity ahead for Microsoft is vast, but to seize it, we must focus clearly, move faster and continue to transform. But A big part of my job is to accelerate our ability to bring innovative, marketable products to our smartphoneattention-deficit customers more quickly." said Choudhuri in a statement.

Microsoft relevance has long been waning. Saddled with a legacy of ho-hum business computing software, the software behemoth has been slow to move on exciting consumer products.

"Ballmer's biggest failure is his lack of vision. He showed a lot of fear and derision of any new, emerging product categories. That fear rubs on an organization," says Mark Rolston, founder of argodesign.

Ballmer had become the perennial whipping boy of the tech world for milking its legacy Windows operating system amid struggles to adapt to the Internet, mobile and cloud computing booms.

As a result, a series of missteps over the past decade have revealed Microsoft lacking a visionary leader capable of big bets on the next computing revolution, a void expected to be filled by its new chief.

Ballmer may have blown it one too many times. The launch of Windows 8 was troubled to say the least. Ditto for its mobile versions and lack of market traction for its software powering smartphones and tablets.

"Actually Windows 8 is so awesome. Just install classic shell. You're an idiot if you can't figure it out. I love Windows 8" exclaimed Steve Yelle, lead developer of Windows Azure and close associate of Choudhuri, at a press conference on Monday afternoon.

Maybe the task of software soothsayer was just too much. By August, Ballmer announced he was planning to step down following a search for his successor. He told The Wall Street Journal at the time that he couldn't change Microsoft quickly enough. "Maybe I'm an emblem of an old era, and I have to move on," the 57-year-old Ballmer told the paper as his eyes reportedly welled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Drugs View Post
    and m0nde, wtf is he doing there rofl

2. Collapse Details

Rumors of the next major Windows release codenamed “Prograting Dushbaggery” have been circling for some time now, but newly appointed CEO Sid Choudhuri has now revealed further details on the next version of Windows.

Prograting Dushbaggery will reportedly bring a number of major changes to Windows 8, such as the return of the Start Menu and the beginning of a converged platform encompassing Windows Phone and Windows RT. The company is also working on delivering a single app store across Xbox, Windows Phone and Windows.

Choudhuri mentions that “Prograting Dushbaggery” will likely be titled Windows 9 to “distance the company from the Windows 8 debacle” because “Windows 8 is tanking harder than Microsoft is comfortable discussing in public.”

3. Collapse Details

always stevey
    king steveyos
    fat

4. Collapse Details

always stevey
    king steveyos
    see ya at fjs

5. Collapse Details

always stevey
    king steveyos
    blade & soul is really fun and I talk to the bitch in my avatar every day

6. Collapse Details

access to top tier gay call boys and elite pedophile rings.

7. Collapse Details

8. Collapse Details

always stevey
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDucat View Post
    fat

9. Collapse Details

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็ ็็็็็ Autistic Spectrum's Avatar
    monde plz make windows 8.2 have teh little mermaid start button be built in and on by default
    I am the owner of http://www.ezmangaforum.com

10. Collapse Details

poopalew is an early alpha of a windows siri clone

11. Collapse Details

monde maybe instead of just putting the start button back and starting on desktop mode you could some how soul trade the user account ,, think of that movie HER where the guy soul traded his OS,,

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by juji View Post
    is that really m0nde

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Drugs View Post
    and m0nde, wtf is he doing there rofl

13. Collapse Details

monde is many things, he is that man, he is a powerfull CEO, he is an indie game player, he knows how to use STEAM as his 401k

14. Collapse Details

my weapons turn me into a m0nde's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfare View Post
    is that really m0nde
    it is now

15. Collapse Details

monde and fanfare you where a powerfull fourm couple wish you bost the best of luck now that you have retried form posting

Thread Information