Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

the funny thing is, in the shop class, they had computers with XP on them just for running autocad (but i thought macs were supposed to be better for designers and artist types??? lol...) and these computers were made around the same time as the macs, had similar specs, and cost the same as the macs because the school couldnt afford anything more expensive due to budget.

This was in 2007-2008 by the way.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    The interface is almost identical to windows 7, just admit you hate it for the sake of hating it. and, like juji pointed out, yur options in 2000 were shit or shit lite.
    I hate Macs because they traumatized me.
    I had bad memories with XP too, but when something went wrong on XP it was fixable. When something goes wrong on macs, nobody knew what to do back then

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Drugs View Post
    the funny thing is, in the shop class, they had computers with XP on them just for running autocad (but i thought macs were supposed to be better for designers and artist types??? lol...) and these computers were made around the same time as the macs, had similar specs, and cost the same as the macs because the school couldnt afford anything more expensive due to budget.

Yes, it's stereotype because the hipsters are huge faggots.

They saved their a dozen of welfare check to purchase a mac

Quote Originally Posted by Steffies Yelle View Post
    I'll kill myself live on cam as soon as there's proof I literlaly promise, I will sincerely kill myself as soon as I see elz's computer playing arma 3 maxed with all nvidia exclusive graphics

4. Collapse Details

well, one of the highschools i went to had a computer lab full of macs that apple gave the school (at a discounted price or something) as like a promotional thing to try and hook kids on macintosh while they were young (tobacco company business strategy imo)

They crashed all the time.. sometimes students would be in the middle of typing a 5 page essay and it would just crash and they'd lose it all. Even saving your document constantly, crashing would still make you lose paragraphs and having to spend 5-10 minutes rebooting the machine and this would usually break your train of thought, and the time wasted would cause you have to stay after school just to finish

some of the computers wouldn't print... the printers worked fine for some of the macs in the lab, but some macs just tarded out and wouldn't print even though on the mac's end, the printer was visible..

When you tried starting some programs, nothing would happen.. then 5 minutes later they'd finally appear and if you tried starting the program more than once, then multiple instances of the same program would all pop up

it couldn't have been bogged down with viruses or adware because "macs dont have viruses lolz!"

There was no major processes bogging down the mac's CPU or memory, because the only programs on the computer were the ones that came with it. They literally were laggy pieces of shit right out of the factory.

Mac used to not support flash either, did they? Just ridiculous.

Windows is still unstable as hell if you have a lot of files and software installed, sometimes i format windows to clean and get restored stable.

Are you using microsoft office for mac? it really sucks

The printers are from hell, because there no open source and require drivers for the printers, i hate controlled catdriges that wouldn't us allow to refill ink. You better rent Xerox printers.

Flash is unstable as hell too for mac and linux, why don't you use HTML5?

I'll kill myself live on cam as soon as there's proof I literlaly promise, I will sincerely kill myself as soon as I see elz's computer playing arma 3 maxed with all nvidia exclusive graphics

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by juji View Post
    The printers are from hell, because there no open source and require drivers for the printers, i hate controlled catdriges that wouldn't us allow to refill ink. You better rent Xerox printers.
    Macs use CUPS, just like Linux.

6. Collapse Details

no new niggers lnopia the great's Avatar
    the funny thing is, in the shop class, they had computers with XP on them just for running autocad (but i thought macs were supposed to be better for designers and artist types??? lol...)
    the photo filters that come with macs and get hipsters hard isnt the same kind of designing you do in autocad

**This account has been officially hacked and the original user is not liable for any future posts**

7. Collapse Details

It's not about the photo filters, not anymore. Here's a rundown of why Macs have this stereotype about being used by designers

First, the obsolete 'facts'
    a million years ago it was the only operating system with a real GUI, and the only one that supported a mouse.
    Photoshop has always been available (and for a long time better supported) on Macs

And now, onto modern day
    They have this stereotype associated with them already due to the previous two points, and these things tend to perpetuate themselves. Design shops buy Macs because they have always bought Macs
    Designers have no need for the office suites or enterprise integration that are Microsoft's strong points
    Designers care about aesthetics, and Macs have the most aesthetically pleasing hardware and software available
    Designers typically don't know anything about computers other than Photoshop, they want Photoshop to work with the least amount of stress and Macs are great at 'just working'
    Apple makes the best displays in the industry and they have for years
    Apple bundles a bunch of multimedia stuff into the OS, but I doubt any of this is of use to a real designer
    However, they also offer higher end applications like Aperture which are only available for Mac

I hope this clears things up because frankly I'm sick of all the misinformation flying around itt

8. Collapse Details

another beautiful day UofLCardfan08's Avatar
    honestly though, Macs may be "okay" right now (i still hate the interface, but as functioning computers they are tolerable), but back in the early 00s, they were broken machines.. they couldnt even compare to others comps
    you were still waiting on puberty way back in the 00's... thus your opinion is without merit

besides keystone light drinkers cannot afford decent beer never mind a mac

9. Collapse Details

another beautiful day UofLCardfan08's Avatar

derp.... autocad/mastercam and adobe creative suite have nothing to do with one another...they are worlds apart

best for you stick to opiates and your chicken piss keystone

10. Collapse Details

Did he quit because we have macs?

11. Collapse Details

no he quit because he was exposed as a traitor

12. Collapse Details

From what?

13. Collapse Details

he betrayed to us by a clump reason, it was very shame.

14. Collapse Details

not surprised because drug addicts do

15. Collapse Details

yeah she probably offered him pills

16. Collapse Details

I made post about windows is unstable as hell... Did you read that?

17. Collapse Details

I don't remember but I already knew that windows was unstable as hell

Thread Information